PolyTrans 4.4.10 Ranking & Summary
PolyTrans 4.4.10 description
A high quality number of 2D bitmap image file formats are also supported. These are used to provide texture mapping bitmap conversion during the 3D file conversion process: TIFF, JPEG, BMP, SGI, GIF, IFF Lightwave, IFF Maya, PIC (Softimage), PIX (Maya), PNG, PPM, PSD (Photoshop), Targa and 2 dozen more. Resulting translated files are 'Render Ready' meaning that they can be loaded and rendered in the destination program with little or no changes necessary.
The translation process accommodates polygonal meshes, trimmed NURBS, skinning, hierarchy, vertex normals/colors/texture-coordinates, material and texture mapping parameters, lights, cameras, animation conversion and automatic 2D bitmap conversion. Data translation is a very critical business for which Okino's professional production customers demand perfect conversions, and as such Okino has always guaranteed its data translation software. The software incorporates hundreds of man years of development and decades of customer usage, testing and refinement which has made PolyTrans the main conversion system used throughout the 3D software industry.
- PolyTrans is the first program to provide trimmed NURBS, animation conversion and complete scene conversion in a single integrated software package. Creates "Render Ready" models.
- Excellent and complete support for the most popular 3D file formats. Extensive conversion options to choose from. A few examples: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
- Specialized and popular plug-in versions of PolyTrans: PolyTrans-for-3ds-Max and PolyTrans-for-Maya. Provides extensive data conversion capabilities where little or none existed before.
- Realtime OpenGL 3D view windows, including NVIDIA & ATI pixel shaders, texture caches, transparency, gradated color backgrounds, real-time cubical & spherical
- mapping, bump mapping, and more. View the options online: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Mesh skinning & skeleton bi-directional conversions between 3ds max, Maya, XSI, FBX, Collada, U3D and DirectX.
- Two specialized "proxy" plug-in extensions for PolyTrans: PolyTrans-for-Director and PolyTrans-for-XSI.
- PolyTrans "goes the extra mile" by handling and overcoming many tough translation problems. These include:
- Auto-splitting an object into multiple pieces if it exceeds the polygon/vertex limit of a specific export file format (which is the case for 3D Studio and Lightwave files).
- Translating bitmap formats (such as used in the DirectX, QuickDraw, POV and VRML export filters).
- Handling the hardest polygon triangulation problems. The custom triangulator used in PolyTrans can handle n-sided concave polygons with recursive holes, overlapping contours and "simple" polygons.
- Maintaining the input data in a compact "indexed mesh" format all throughtout the translation process. This is one of many timing consuming aspects of writing PolyTrans converters.
- Complete replication of the object hierarchy. Such hierarchy can be viewed and easily modified using PolyTrans' "Selector Window".
- Translates and accurately maps all materials and texture maps so that they can be rendered faithfully in the target rendering program.
- Import objects and compose 3D scenes quickly using the real-time object manipulation functions. Interactive graphical user interface for Microsoft Windows version with shaded views. Toolbar functions for manipulating objects, lights and cameras. Always responsive and fast.
- Fully integrated 3D SpaceBall & SpaceMouse interaction support.
- Realtime object collision detection & sliding.
- JScript & VBScript scripting for import/export convertions.
- Allows all meshes, trimmed NURBS, vertex attributes, materials, shading parameters, texture map types, lights, cameras, hierarchy and animation to be imported, stored, translated and exported with high accuracy and fidelity.
- A built in polygon reduction system based on a system written internally at Okino. Uses "wedge" technology to allow good reduction in areas of high curvature, material changes and color changes.
- A variety of export options allow the converters to automatically triangulate the output data, cut holes out of meshes (when necessary), merge triangles back to n-sided polygons, and tear apart the input data according to material assignment or grouping (used by the RIB and Wavefront export modules). In addition, the converters always output optimized polygon meshes wherever possible, regardless of the form or structure of the input polygon data (arbitrary polygon input data is always welded, optimized and any redundant polygon coordinates removed before being output). In general the converters can convert any form of input to any form of output.
- High quality and dependable trimmed NURBS conversion. Performs NURBS to NURBS or NURBS to polygon conversions, such as with the IGES converters.
- Industry leading animation conversion "engine" allows native import, playback and export of keyframe data. Simulates the animation mathematics all the most popular 3D animation systems which leads to tolerance-based accurate conversions. Includes keyframe resamplers & reducers. A unique & industry leading major feature.
- Includes fast, photo-realistic scanline rendering capabilities (resolution limited), borrowed from Okino's award winnning NuGraf Rendering System software.
- Robust polygon processing tools: weld, auto-unify, smoothing, remove redundant.
- Interactive light & camera placement plus interactive or numeric value modification. Also includes a light librarian for simple setup of pre-defined light sources.
- OpenGL shaded views, with real-time lighting & object texture mapping (version 3), real-time interactive object manipulation, texture backgrounds (version 3) and multi-threaded redraws.
- Import multiple files at the same time with auto-format detection.
- Intuitive 3d geometry batch translation capabilities with options to perform a wide array of polygon processing functions prior to export.
- Intuitive bitmap image batch translation capabilities (handles BMP, CEL, JPEG, GIF, Targa, TIFF, SoftImage, and others).
- Intuitive object picking using the mouse or the "Selector Window".
- Easy access to all scene contents via hierarchical 'Selector Window' for selecting, adding, deleting or renaming objects/lights/cameras/etc. Use drag-and-drop to change or create object hierarchies.
- Automatic 2D bitmap conversion between formats supported by each 3D file format. Some of these supported bitmap formats include: Alias|Wavefront IFF & PIX, Amiga/Lightwave IFF, Autodesk CEL & FLIC, BMP, GIF, Electric Image IMG, JPEG, PhotoShop PSD, PNG, SoftImage PIC, SGI RGB, Targa and TIFF. The Windows clipboard is also supported for exporting. In most cases these drivers will support B&W, 8-bit colormapped, 24-bit RGB and 32-bit RGBA formats.
- Export scenes to Okino's "NuGraf Rendering System" program for fast, photo-realistic scanline or multi-threaded ray trace renderings, animation and material/texture editing. Upgrade from PolyTrans to NuGraf at a low cost. PolyTrans is a subset of the NuGraf software.
- Well known for processing huge files quickly, such as 200MB IGES, DXF and USGS DEM files (low memory usage). PolyTrans has been designed since day 1 to handle huge datasets and not bog down under normal circumstances.
- A large and established professional user base that has ensured PolyTrans remains a dependable, robust and full featured translation system.
- And above all else, our best customers know from first hand experience that the developers of PolyTrans really care about this product and put their personal pride into its long term development.
- Version 4.4.10 includes extensive support for 3ds Max 2010/2011, Maya 2010/2011, Collada, DGN, DWF-3D, SketchUp, U3D and XAML-3D.
- Microsoft Windows Seven/Vista/XP/2003.
- Preferably 4GB of memory or more.
- Any video card, but highly optimized for NVIDIA & ATI cards (pixel level shaders).
- A maximum of 152Mb of free hard disk space.
- For Mac OS X, any good Microsoft Windows emulator. 1 in 100 of our customers have run on the Mac platform since 1997 without a single reported problem. Parallels (especially in the 'Coherence mode') or VMWare are both excellent methods of running Okino software natively on the Mac.
- Okino software has been reported to work on Linux using the WINE emulator.
PolyTrans 4.4.10 Screenshot
PolyTrans 4.4.10 Keywords
Bookmark PolyTrans 4.4.10
PolyTrans 4.4.10 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.