RealWorld Icon Editor 2010.1
RealWorld Icon Editor 2010.1 Ranking & Summary
RealWorld Icon Editor 2010.1 description
RealWorld icon maker can convert images to icons using a highly configurable operation, which is able to auto-detect background color, sharpen or soften generated images, enhance edges by a custom shadow effect on per-image basis (and auto-detect if a shadow is even needed). The application integrates a simple 3D graphics editor and users can create high-quality icons from 3D models without leaving the application. The 3D editor allows creation of icons with natural materials, perspective, lighting and shadows.
A built-in image editor with layers and layer styles is powerful enough to eliminate need for a dedicated image editor when creating top-quality icons. Users searching for fast solutions can assemble icons from ready-to-use parts by dragging and dropping (or just double-clicking) them from a Library panel within the application.
With RealWorld Icon Editor, users do not need artistic talent and they still can create perfect icons using trial and error approach very quickly in the built-in 3D editor. A library with icons and source 3D models is bundled with the application. The functionality can be easily enhanced by downloading media packs and plug-ins directly from within the application. A fully portable version is available - carry your icon editor on an USB stick and work on any computer Windows 2000 or later Windows OS.
- More than an icon editor
- RealWorld Icon Editor is a complete solution for icons and does not depend on other software to create icons with professional look and feel.
- Create icons from .jpg, .png, .psd, .bmp, .gif images.
- Paint icons in an image editor with layers.
- Make icons from 3D models.
- Assemble icons from premade parts.
- Manage icon libraries..
- 100% compatibility
- Icons saved by RealWorld Icon Editor are 100% compatible with all Windows versions including Windows 7, and latest Mac OS Tiger. Generated image formats follow Microsoft and Apple guidelines.
- Focused on quality
- Gamma-correct high-accuracy image resizing.
- Per image sharpening and outline-enhancing shadows.
- Quality optimized legacy (8bpp, 4bpp) image format generation.
- Unique feature: 3D icons
- RealWorld Icon Editor has many unexpected features under the hood. Features like layer effects (~ layer styles in Photoshop), scripting, or mouse gestures. The built-in 3D editor allows you to create icons with consistent 3D look and feel.
- Icons created using 3D techniques are unobtrusive and suitable for long-term usage. Their key advantage are realistic and consistent lights and shadows with zero artist effort.
- New features
- Layers - layers (with any effects applied) can be used when working with images and icons.
- Better image to icon conversion - the convertor has a new user interface, with less controls and live preview. Algorithm tweaks result in crisper images.
- New drawing tools - a bunch of new drawing tools (LASSO, MOVE, FILL, SELECT with XXX) from Paint.COM.
- Better TEXT tool - able to draw rotated text.
- Updated color picker - user selectable range and accuracy of colors. History of last used colors.
- Simpler material panel for 3D - the material panel was simplified and it is now easier to make transparent objects.
- Iterator for 3D objects - a component in a 3D object can be multiplied and parametrized in the process. This can be used to create things like grass.
- Usability improvements in 3D editor - new rotation method, better working component selection in 3D window.
- Translations - the application user interface can be translated into any language and shared by the community.
- Smarter wizards - creation of new images and icons is faster and simpler (no more useless popup windows).
- Improved Undo - undo multiple steps at once. Steps have names based on the performed action or used tool.
- Media library panel - a panel with the contents of the media library is accessible when editing images or 3D objects.
- Redesigned Online page - the Online page now contains tutorials, downloadable media and plug-ins.
- Fixed errors
- Blur filter incorrectly duplicated pixels on right side and bottom of an image.
- Numerous minor bugfixes...
- Known problems
- Windows 64-bit: Conversion between different color depths is slower.
- Windows 64-bit: Adobe Photoshop-compatible filters are not supported by this edition.
- Combination of texture and material is interpreted differently in OpenGL a raytracing rendering device. Implementation in OpenGL may be altered in future versions.
- An attempt to open 63 windows simultaneously hangs the application.
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, or 7
- Pentium or compatible; 256MB memory
- Mouse, truecolor display, 40MB HDD
RealWorld Icon Editor 2010.1 Screenshot
RealWorld Icon Editor 2010.1 Keywords
Bookmark RealWorld Icon Editor 2010.1
RealWorld Icon Editor 2010.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.