V-REP 2.5.11 Ranking & Summary
V-REP 2.5.11 description
V-REP 2.5.11 offers users with an interesting and convenient to use program which is designed to edit and simulate whole robotic systems, or sub-systems (e.g. sensors, mechanisms, etc.). It offers a multitude of functionalities that can be easily integrated and combined through an exhaustive API and script functionality. V-REP is used for remote monitoring, hardware control, fast prototyping and verification, fast algorithm development / parameter adjustment, safety double-checking, robotics-related education, factory automation simulations, etc.
- Distributed control:
- Script driven. Fully customizable simulations through an unlimited number of simultaneously operating scripts (threaded or non-threaded). C/C++ API function calls are of course also supported
- Powerful API:
- More than 300 clean, fine-grained, and well-documented API functions, available from the C/C++ and Lua side (other languages capable of API calls also usable)
- Compact and Lightweight:
- The whole application fits into 6 Mb, no dependency installations are required. Simulation scenes and models can be saved as a single compressed file, loading operation is blazingly fast
- Fast and customizable dynamics calculations to simulate real-world physics and object interactions (collision response, grasping, etc.). The user can select one of two physics engines (Bullet or ODE)
- Inverse/Forward Kinematics
- Inverse/forward kinematics calculations for any type of mechanism (branched, closed, redundant, containing nested loops, etc.). A hybrid mode allows applying calculated joint values as dynamic control values
- Dynamic particles:
- V-REP supports customizable particles that can be used to simulate air or water jets, jet engines, propellers, etc.
- Collision Detection:
- Fast interference checking between any meshes or collection of meshes, with optional collision contour calculation
- Minimum Distance Calculation:
- Fast and exact minimum distance calculation between any meshes (convex, concave, open, closed) or collection of meshes
- Cutting Simulation:
- Simulation of surface cutting operations using various customizable cutting tool shapes
- Proximity Sensor Simulation:
- Powerful, realistic and exact proximity sensor simulation, fully customizable. Performs an exact minimum distance calculation within a customizable detection volume
- Visual-Type Sensor Simulation:
- Simulation of visual-type sensors with many built-in image processing filters, fully customizable and extendable (e.g. via plugin)
- Force/Torque Sensor Simulation
- Force and torque sensors can record applied forces or torques, and react to threshold overshoot by breaking apart
- Path Planning:
- Holonomic path planning in 2-6 dimensions, and non holonomic path planning for car-like vehicles. Custom path planning algorithms are also supported
- Data Recording and Visualization
- A large variety of recordable data streams (including user-defined) can display time-graphs, or can be combined with each other to form x/y-graphs, or 3D curves
- Custom User Interfaces
- Unlimited number of fully customizable user interface elements, with integrated edit mode. Custom Windows-style dialogs are of course also supported through plugins
- Integrated Edit Modes
- Next to the regular scene edition/composition, special edit modes are also supported, including mesh edit modes (including a semi-automatic primitive shape extraction method) or the path/trajectory edit mode
- Easy CAD Data Import/Export
- Following file formats are supported (also when called through the API): DXF, 3DS, OBJ, STL (ASCII & binary)
- Fully Customizable
- The simulator itself can be customized at various levels: by writing a customized client application, or by writing plugins
- Full-Featured Scene Hierarchy:
- The scene composition is intuitively visualized in a scene hierarchy view, indicating object names, types, associated control scripts, loop closures, selection and visibility states, warnings, etc.
- Convenient Model Browser
- The integrated model browser supports drag-and-drop operations (also during simulation!) for convenient scene composition. The available model library, updated at each release, can be easily extended by the user
- Full Interaction
- Full interaction also during simulations: models, together with their associated behavior (i.e. scripts) can be shifted, rotated, copy/pasted, scaled, erased, etc. without having to adjust any code
- Free for Students:
- Students can benefit from the full V-REP functionality for free as long as they use it at home on their private PC
- Free Player Version
- A free V-REP player version is available, and allows running and interacting with V-REP simulations
- Many More features!
- E.g. multilevel undo/redo, four in-parallel running simulator instances, AVI recorder, simulation of wireless communications, simulation of paint or welding seams, static and dynamic textures, exhaustive documentation, etc.
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/Seven (other Windows versions not tested). Linux and Mac versions are in preparation.
- CPU: >300 (Passmark CPU Rating)
- RAM: >=512 MB
- Storage capacity: >50 MB
- Video card: >200 (Passmark G3D Rating) (a good video card (i.e. hardware accelerated) is a crucial element)
- Monitor resolution: >=1024x768
V-REP 2.5.11 Screenshot
V-REP 2.5.11 Keywords
Bookmark V-REP 2.5.11
V-REP 2.5.11 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.