BOINC 6.11.6 Development
BOINC 6.11.6 Development Ranking & Summary
RankingClick at the star to rank
User Review: 0 (0 times)
File size: 7.1 MB
Platform: Windows All
Date added: 2010-08-23
Publisher: University of California at Berkeley
BOINC 6.11.6 Development description
BOINC 6.11.6 Development is a helpful and flexible tool that uses the idle time on your computer to cure diseases, study global warming, discover pulsars, and do scientific research
- Support for large data: BOINC supports applications that produce or consume large amounts of data, or that use large amounts of memory. Data distribution and collection can be spread across many servers, and participant hosts transfer large data unobtrusively. Users can specify limits on disk usage and network bandwidth. Work is dispatched only to hosts able to handle it.
- Multiple participant platforms: The BOINC core client is available for most common platforms (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux and other Unix systems). The client can use multiple CPUs.
- Source code availability: BOINC is distributed under the Lesser General Public License. However, BOINC applications need not be open source.
- Volunteer community features: BOINC provides web-based tools,such as message boards, user profiles, and private messaging, that encourage volunteers to form online communities.
- Project autonomy: Many projects use BOINC. Projects are independent; each one operates its own servers and databases. There is no central directory or approval process.
- Volunteer flexibility: Volunteers can participate in multiple projects; they control which projects they participate in, and how their resources are divided among these projects. When a project is down or has no work, the resources of its volunteers are divided among other projects.
- Flexible application framework: Existing applications in common languages (C, C++, Fortran) can run as BOINC applications with little or no modification. An application can consist of several files (e.g. multiple programs and a coordinating script). New versions of applications can be deployed without required any action by volunteers.
- Open, extensible software architecture: BOINC provides documented interfaces to many of its key components, making it possible for third-party developers to create software and web sites that extend BOINC.
- Security: BOINC protects against several types of attacks. For example, digital signatures based on public-key encryption protect against the distribution of viruses.
- Server performance and scalability: The BOINC server software is extremely efficient, so that a single mid-range server can dispatch and handle millions of jobs per day. The server architecture is also highly scalable, making it easy to increase server capacity or availability by adding more machines.
- 128 MB RAM (Recommended: 256 MB RAM or greater).
- 200 MB disk space.
BOINC 6.11.6 Development Screenshot
BOINC 6.11.6 Development Keywords
Bookmark BOINC 6.11.6 Development
BOINC 6.11.6 Development Copyright
WareSeeker.com do not provide cracks, serial numbers etc for BOINC 6.11.6 Development. Any sharing links from rapidshare.com, yousendit.com or megaupload.com are also prohibited.
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
BOINC - Use the idle time on your computer to cure diseases, study global warming, discover pulsars, and do scientific research Free Download
donate idle PC time to science projects Free Download
GNUDE is a complete suite of GNU C, C++, Fortran, and Java Cross Compilers, and the GDB CPU Simulator and Debugger for embedded microprocessor applications development Free Download
SkillFusion Development Engine generates web applications in numerous software language and database environments. SkillFusion Development Engine easily enhances your development productivity and redu Free Download
eb+ is a powerful and comprehensive development language for use in creating ... Free Download