Calibre 0.8.39 Ranking & Summary
Calibre 0.8.39 description
Calibre 0.8.39 brings you an advanced and convenient to use e-book library management application. Calibre is meant to be a complete e-library solution and thus includes, library management, format conversion, news feeds to ebook conversion as well as e-book reader sync features.
- Library Management:
- Calibre is primarily a ebook cataloging program. It stores your ebook files in a database along with easily editable metadata describing each book. It is designed around the concept of the logical book, i.e. a single entry in the database that may correspond to ebooks in several formats.
- Size (Max size of all formats)
- Calibre support sorting the books in its database by:
- Series: The series that a book belongs to
- Comments: A general purpose field that can be used to describe the book, add notes on it, etc.
- Tags: A flexible system to categorize books. You can tag any book with any custom tag to indicate subject, read status, category, etc.
- The database view also supports filtering by searching on the metadata. You can perform advanced searching on individual metadata fields by clicking the advanced search button to the left of the search bar.
- The books in the database can be saved to disk using the "Save to disk" button. All selected books are saved in a folder structure organized by Author and Title.
- You can fetch metadata for a book based on its ISBN number or its title/author, instead of manually entering the metadata. You can also fetch a cover image based on the ISBN number.
- It also supports extra metadata fields that can be searched on:
- Calibre supports conversion from (HTML, LIT, RTF, TXT, PDF(simple text+few images)) to the SONY ebook reader format LRF. An graphical interface to the conversion software can be accessed by clicking the "Convert E-books" button.
- The commandline access is via the command any2lrf. The conversion is very powerful and supports advanced typesetting features like tables, dropcaps, inline images, embedded fonts, etc. Full documentation of the features of the conversion software can be found at Conversion to LRF.
- Format Conversion:
- Calibre has a modular device driver design that makes adding support for different e-reader devices easy. At the moment, it has support for the SONY PRS 500/505. Syncing supports updating metadata on the device from metadata in the library and the creation of collections on the device based on the tags defined in the library view. If an book has more than one format available, calibre automatically chooses the best format when uploading to the device.
- Syncing to E-reader Devices:
- Calibre can automatically fetch news from a number of websites, format the news into a ebook and upload to a connected device. At the moment there is support for generating LRF ebooks. Supported news sites are:
- New York Times
- The BBC
- The Economist
- The news fetching subsystem has a modular design, which makes it easy to add support for more sites. If you are interested in adding support for a site, read the User Manual. Once you have created a recipe, consider sharing it with other users by attaching it to User Recipes.
- Fetching News:
- Calibre has an inbuilt viewer that can display LRF format files, so you can look over a recent conversion before uploading to the reader. It supports all the features of the LRF format, except dropcaps.
- Viewing E-books:
- New Features:
- Auto-adding: Add an option to check for duplicates when auto adding.
- Content server: Export a second record via mDNS that points to the full OPDS feed in addition to the one pointing to the Stanza feed. The new record is of type _calibre._tcp.
- Allow specifying a set of categories that are not partitioned even if they contain a large number of items in the Tag Browser. Preference is available under Look & Feel->Tag Browser
- Allow setting a URL prefix for the content server that run embedded in the calibre GUI as well.
- Allow output of identifiers data in CSV/XML/BiBTeX catalogs
- Driver for Motorola Droid XT910, Nokia E71 and HTC EVO 3D.
- Cut down the time taken to launch worker processes by 40%
- You can now configure the calibre settings for the currently connected device by right clicking on the device icon in the toolbar, instead of having to go through Preferences->Plugins
- Bug Fixes:
- Auto-adding: Do not add incomplete files when files are downloaded directly into the auto add folder.
- When running multiple delete from device jobs, fix the device view sometimes marking the wrong books as being deleted, after the first delete job completes.
- MOBI Input: Handle files that have spurious closing and/or tags in their markup.
- RTF Input: Strip out false color specifications, as they cause artifacts when converted to MOBI
- New news sources:
- Vancouver Province and Windsor Star by Nick Redding
- Onda Rock by faber1971
- Il Manifesto by Giacomo Lacava
- Improved news sources:
- Updated Postmedia publications
- Foreign Affairs
- Read It Later
- Microwave Journal
Calibre 0.8.39 Screenshot
Calibre 0.8.39 Keywords
Bookmark Calibre 0.8.39
Calibre 0.8.39 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.