Earth Alerts 2010.1.44
Earth Alerts 2010.1.44 Ranking & Summary
Earth Alerts 2010.1.44 description
Earth Alerts 2010.1.44 comes as a free Windows-based application that enables you to monitor in near real-time a variety of natural hazard events that are occurring anywhere around the world.
Alert notifications, reports, and imagery provide the user with a convenient way to view natural phenomenon as they occur, whether close to home or some far-flung corner of the globe!
Earth Alerts uses a variety of online resources provided by organizations such as the National Weather Service, U.S. Geological Survey and Smithsonian Institution (just to name a few), to identify what sort of activities "Mother Earth" is currently dishing out on the planet.
To use Earth Alerts, you simply select the specific natural hazards -- earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, tropical cyclones, wildland fires, landslides, severe weather, local weather, etc. -- and the locations that interest you. The application will then automatically retrieve the latest information from various live data feeds available on the Internet and present it to you in a convenient arrangement of reports, maps and images.
- Global activity overview: earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, and tropical cyclones (typhoons, hurricanes, tropical storms, tropical depressions and other disturbances)
- Activity for user-selected Global locations (anywhere outside the U.S.): local earthquakes, local weather including current conditions, forecasts and satellite imagery
- United States activity overview: severe weather including special tornado and severe thunderstorm watches, volcanoes, wildland fires (wildfires), and landslide related hazards
- Activity for user-selected United States locations: local earthquakes; local wildland fires; local weather including NWS weather/hazard alerts, current conditions, forecasts and radar/satellite imagery
- Google Earth™ integration provides visualizations of recent earthquake events, volcanoes, tropical cyclones, wildland fires and severe weather warnings. Google Earth™ integration also provides high resolution views of any user-selected U.S. or Global location
- Visual and sound notifications on your Windows desktop identifying active alerts
- Email: information on any type of natural hazard tracked by Earth Alerts can be automatically sent as soon as an alert is raised; email messages contain the same alert reports and images as shown in the Earth Alerts application screens
- Mobile Phone: SMS/MMS messages containing summary alert information with related images (MMS enabled phones only) can be automatically sent to your mobile device; these notifications cover the most severe natural hazard events, including major earthquakes, tsunami watches/warnings, volcanic eruptions and tornado warnings
- Pentium III processor or better (better = faster, stronger!)
- 1024x768 screen resolution or higher (if your Windows display is anything less than this, buy yourself a larger display!)
- 128 MB RAM (more is always better!)
- 5 MB hard disk space (that's all that's required for the application files!)
- A broadband Internet connection (it's 2010 already, ditch the dial-up modem connection!)
- 32-bit/64-bit Windows 7/Vista, 32-bit Windows XP/2000
- .NET Framework 3.5
Earth Alerts 2010.1.44 Screenshot
Earth Alerts 2010.1.44 Keywords
Bookmark Earth Alerts 2010.1.44
Earth Alerts 2010.1.44 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.