Graph 4.3 Ranking & Summary
Graph 4.3 description
Graph 4.3 provides you with an interesting as well as efficient open source application used to draw mathematical graphs in a coordinate system. Anyone who wants to draw graphs of functions will find this program useful. The program makes it very easy to visualize a function and paste it into another program. It is also possible to do some mathematical calculations on the functions.
- Draw functions:
- Graph can draw normal functions, parameter functions, and polar functions. You can use a lot of built-in functions, e.g. sin, cos, log, etc. You may specify color, width and line style of the graphs, and the graphs may me limited to an interval. It is also possible to show a circle at the ends indicating open or closed interval.
- Graph can show any equation and inequality, for example sin(x) < cos(y) or x^2 + y^2 = 25. You can choose line width and color for the equations, and color and shading style for the inequalities.
- Draw relation:
- You can save the coordinate system with graphs as an image on disk either as a bitmap (bmp), Potable Network Graphics (png), JPEG, metafile (emf) or Portable Document Format (PDF). You may also copy the coordinate system into another program, e.g. Microsoft Word, either as a normal image or as an OLE object, which may be edited later by double clicking on it.
- Interact with other programs:
- While still easy to use Graph has a lot of customization possibilities, e.g. fonts, colors, axes style, grids, etc. The axes, which may by normal or logarithmic, can be placed either by entering specific values, or by moving or zooming with the mouse.
- A lot of options:
- Given an x-coordinate Graph will calculate the function value and the first two derivatives for any given function. Alternatively the function may be traced with the mouse. Graph can also fill a table with evaluated function coordinates in a user specified range. Data from the table can easily be copied into another program, e.g. Microsoft Excel.
- Graph can help you calculate the area under a function in a given interval and the distance along the curve between two points on the function. The program can also show the first derivative of a function, and create tangents and normal lines to a function at given coordinates.
- You can create series of points with different markers, colors and size. Data for a point series can be imported from other programs, e.g. Microsoft Excel. It is possible to create a line of best fit from the data in a point series, either from one of the built-in models or from a user specified model.
- Point series and trendlines:
- Graph can insert shadings used to mark an area related to a function. Shadings may be created with different styles and colors in a user specified interval. In addition to the optional legend used to describe each function, a label may be added anywhere in the system. A label can contain text with different fonts, images and objects created in other programs.
- Shadings and labels:
- You can create your own custom functions and constants for use in functions, relations, etc. You can for example create a custom function sinc(x)= sin(x)/x and a constant R= 8.314510. You can when plot the function f(x)=R*sinc(x).
- Custom functions:
- Labels can now be rotated freely.
- Graph can now calculate the area under a parametric function.
- Zoom|Square will now keep the y-axis scaled equal to the x-axis until explicitly disabled.
- Checkboxes added to the function list to indicate visibility.
- You can now specify the exact placement of text labels.
- a^(b/c) is now handled as a special case and will be plotted correctly.
- The settings in the Animate dialog is now stored in the grf file.
- Equations and inequalities are now plotted faster, especially when printed.
- Fixed problem with animations that includes inequalities.
- Fixed bug crashing Graph when trying to differentiate a recursive function.
- Fixed bug in drawing shadings between functions.
- Several minor bugs have been fixed.
- Fixed and improved several things in the animation dialog.
- Fixed problem where Graph might stop responding when trying to find an extremum.
- Serbian, Croatian and Vietnamese translations added.
Graph 4.3 Screenshot
Graph 4.3 Keywords
Bookmark Graph 4.3
Graph 4.3 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.