Jutoh 1.21 Ranking & Summary
Jutoh 1.21 description
Jutoh 1.21 is created to be an ideal and complete application for you to make it easy to create ebooks in popular formats that you can sell on many ebook sites, including Amazon's Kindle and Apple's iBooks.
Create your project in seconds from existing files using the New Project Wizard; or create your book from scratch using the built-in styled text editor.
Select a book cover design from Jutoh's templates, or create your own with the built-in cover designer. Fully portable - can run from a USB drive Jutoh works on all major desktop platforms - Windows, Mac, Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris x86 - and is fast and flexible.
- Jutoh supports paragraph and text formatting. You can add custom paragraph styles to the built-in styles, and you can specify custom CSS for each style (or the whole style sheet) if required.
- Multiple format export
- Jutoh exports to Epub, Mobipocket (if the kindlegen application is available), ODT, single-page HTML, and text.
- HTML, text, ODT, and Epub import
- Jutoh imports from a range of formats. Using an application such as OpenOffice.org or the OpenDocument plugin for Microsoft Word, your existing word processor files can be saved in ODT (Open Document Format) for import into Jutoh. Or you can import from plain text or HTML, or an existing Epub ebook. (Note that CSS style definitions are not preserved when importing from HTML or Epub.)
- 'Configurations' allow extensive customisation
- Jutoh's configuration facility allows you to define a version of your book that has its own cover, style sheet, and even variations in content (such as a title page with text specific to a web site or publisher).
- Cover designer
- Jutoh's cover designer lets you quickly create a simple cover design for your book, and a number of templates are provided. You can change the layout of a design and add more text and pictures; keywords in the design are updated automatically from the book's metadata.
- Table of Contents Wizard
- By default, Jutoh can create a simple table of contents from chapter titles, without intervention.
- If you need finer control of your table of contents, Jutoh has a wizard to make it easy for you to build the contents page based on the styles of the headings in your book. You have control over the entries in the book, and can add new links by hand if required.
- Alphabetical Indexes
- Import your index entries from ODT or insert them by hand, and Jutoh will create a multi-level alphabetical index in seconds. Great for non-fiction authors.
- Footnotes and endnotes
- Jutoh supports footnotes embedded throughout the document, and can add them to the end of chapters or create a separate endnotes page. Footnotes are supported in ODT import.
- Jutoh lets you customise automatic replacements (for example, replacing (c) with ©) and also does automatic quotation replacement.
- Built-in Epub error checker and debug window
- Jutoh includes Adobe's EpubCheck, a button click away. If there are errors in the generated file, errors will be shown in context using Jutoh's source viewer.
- The source viewer supports search within a document and you can go to a specific line.
- You can also use the viewer to examine other Epub files, not just ones generated by Jutoh.
- Configurable ebook launching
- You need to check that your book looks good on a variety of ebook platforms. Jutoh lets you add viewer applications so you can easily choose the desired ebook reader for viewing your generated book.
- Spelling checker
- Check for typos with the built-in spellchecker, available in a number of languages.
- Keyboard shortcuts for high-speed editing
- Use keyboard shortcuts to make editing your projects fast and natural.
- Online Manual
- The comprehensive online manual documents all aspects of Jutoh.
- Help window
- The help window allows you to browse Jutoh manuals from within Jutoh, side-by-side with your work. You can maximize it to take up the whole window while reading a topic, or unpin it to show it in a window of its own.
- Scraps facility
- You can keep your research and random ideas: notes, pictures, and document and web links. On Windows, use auto-paste to quickly paste scraps by copying text, graphics or web links twice in succession in any other application.
- Access to tools and applications is available via the Jutoh Desktop. You can customize the desktop look, add your favourite applications and documents, and create text and picture notes. You can even create a rolling slideshow of pictures to inspire you.
- USB memory key support
- Jutoh has superb support for external drives, such as USB memory keys. You can use an external drive for your documents and for all your Jutoh preferences, and you can even install Jutoh entirely onto the drive for complete portability. You can then switch between different machines and operating systems, taking all your documents and settings with you.
- Backup Facility
- The File Manager tool gives you an easy way to back up your precious files, without resorting to an additional tool. Specify File Sets that include all files of a given type, and create a backup with just a few clicks. You can also easily restore files from a backup archive.
- A global search tool helps you search all your open documents, allowing you to see all the search results in a list and step through them.
- Shows your image and collage scraps in succession, in a window or full-screen.
- Specify notebook and journal font styles and sizes; and brighten up window backgrounds with the supplied textures, or your own.
- Now warns if you try to save to the same location as the current project file with Save As.
- Fixed a problem sometimes affecting italic and bold text when exporting to ODT.
- By default (when first installed), Jutoh now saves documents without prompting, and also uses a unique tab per book section document (faster than switching between documents using a single tab).
- Removed the Save Later button in the document save dialog since it causes data loss in single-view mode (documents are not tabbed).
- Clicking on a linked image whose properties have been edited now shows the appropriate URL, bookmark or page link dialog instead of the image properties. Image properties can be edited as usual with the Properties context menu command.
- Added a new font document type for font embedding; also a media types property page.
- Corrected resetting of auto-backup control to 'on' every time Jutoh starts.
- Added Clean up intermediate files option to General Preferences. Leaving this unchecked allows the user to examine the generated source in the temporary folder.
- Fixed a bug with the caret being shown at the wrong place if there were tabs in the paragraph.
- Fixed centring and image problems in printing.
- List paragraphs with zero left indent now use the appropriate CSS class instead of inline CSS styling, in Epub.
- Added File name field to the text section properties to allow optional specification of the HTML file name for Epub and Mobipocket ebooks.
- The New Document dialog now enforces the correct parent for book sections (Content) and font documents (Resources).
- Fixed recognition of apos (apostrophe) entity.
- Now recognises the .xml extension when importing.
- Automatic character styles that are no longer needed are now purged from the content.
- Upgraded to Epubcheck 1.1.
- Fixed previous Epubcheck errors sometimes not being cleared.
- Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7 32 & 64-bit
Jutoh 1.21 Screenshot
Jutoh 1.21 Keywords
Bookmark Jutoh 1.21
Jutoh 1.21 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.