Orbit Xplorer 2.2
Orbit Xplorer 2.2 Ranking & Summary
Orbit Xplorer 2.2 description
Orbit Xplorer 2.2 is designed to be an educational orbit and gravitation simulator for high school, college and beginning university physics and astronomy. Input mass, radius, coordinates and velocity components of 2 to 10 bodies manually or by dragging and dropping predefined bodies. Then watch how the orbits evolve under the mutual gravitational attractions. Save and print the simulation.
Great for lab exercises in gravitational physics or for verifying numerical answers to textbook problems. Includes 30 introductory to advanced premade simulations with activities page in html-format. Simulations include elliptical satellite orbits, Keplers laws, double star, geocentric and heliocentric world view, Lagrange points, gravity assist, Hohmann orbit, extrasolar planet, inner solar system. Uses actual pictures of planets.
Plot orbits in a plane or in 3D. View time, distances, speeds, accelerations, energies and acceleration vectors as they change. Adjust the simulation speed to fit your computer. Zoom and change parameters during the simulation. Run up to four simultaneous simulations.
Tutorial and context-sensitive help included.
- Calculate and plot the orbits of up to 10 gravitationally interacting bodies.
- Easily create, run, save and print your own orbit simulation.
- View time, distance, velocity, acceleration and energy.
- View speed and acceleration vectors.
- Create graphs of distance, velocity, acceleration and energy versus time.
- Run up to four simultaneous simulations.
- Project the orbits into one of three planes or view them in 3D.
- Use actual pictures of planets.
- Vista compatibility
- Windows XP, Vista
Orbit Xplorer 2.2 Screenshot
Orbit Xplorer 2.2 Keywords
Bookmark Orbit Xplorer 2.2
Orbit Xplorer 2.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.