PhylTools Ranking & Summary
Phyltools is a useful and convenient set of freeware utilities package which works with the phylogenetic inference package Phylip. PhylTools is intended for the processing and distance calculation of phylogenetic data sets, that is morphology, RFLP, RAPD, or AFLP data.
- HUGE data sets
- PhylTools will read data sets containing up to 1000 OTU's and 5000 characters. Versions 1.2 and up can deal with binary, interval and quantitative data.
- File conversion
- PhylTools will read and write files containing binary data in Phylip ("horizontal") and NTsys ("vertical") format
- Data manipulation tools
- PhylTools offers the screening for characters that contain missing data, are monomorphic or non-informative and will remove these on request
- Test data with more than just bootstrapping
- PhylTools will generate multiple data sets with adjustable amounts of bootstrapping, permutation, genetic sampling (species sampling), random resampling, randomization of missing data, and addition of noise
- Missing data
- PhylTools is able to calculate genetic distance matrices in Phylip format from binary data sets with taking in account missing data in several ways
- You 're here now anyway
- PhylTools is free to use.
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.