Quad-Lock Unit Converter 5.4
Quad-Lock Unit Converter 5.4 Ranking & Summary
Quad-Lock Unit Converter 5.4 description
Quad-Lock Unit Converter 5.4 is designed as a free tool that can take care of all your unit conversions even when offline. It has an easy-to-use interface and contains most of the units commonly encountered while solving engineering problems.
With more than 900 units, you are likely to find the units you are looking for. Other features include the ability to quickly search for units and categories, and add user-defined conversions. Everything is built into a single executable file so no uninstaller is necessary.
- Simple, clean and user-friendly interface makes the learning curve non-existent, even for inexperienced computer users.
- Fast and time efficient. There is no need for an installation package, no splash screen, and no buttons to push. The program is launched in less than a second, and conversions are performed instantly while you type the input. A Find function lets you search for your units within seconds.
- Small file size compared to the norm of 5-10 MB setup packages. The smaller file size makes it easy to distribute among friends and co-workers.
- The program can be run from a USB drive as a completely portable application, without leaving any personal data or registry settings behind.
- Added ability to perform coordinate transformations from latitude/longitude to UTM (and vice-versa).
- Added Heat Flux conversion category with 25 units
- Added Magnetic Flux conversion category with 14 units
- Added Volumetric Heat Generation category with 11 units
- Added 6 new units to Fuel Consumption category (non-linear conversions such as Liters/100km to Miles/Gallon)
- Corrected conversion factor in Amount of Substance; 1 mol = 1000 mmol, showed 1000000 mmol
- Re-organized main menu. Also, added an icon next to each menu item.
- Quad-Lock Converter now uses Unicode for the entire program (UI controls and the engine), enabling internationalization.
- Removed restrictions such that users can now add an un-limited number of custom units and categories. Furthermore, users can also add non-multiplicative unit conversions (such as from Liters/100km to Miles/Gallon)
- Changed location of UnitConverter.ini (preferences file) to the %APPDATA%UnitConverter folder or, if running from a removable drive, to the removable drive's root folder (e.g. F:UnitConverter.ini).
- User defined custom categories can now be rendered visible or invisible in the main window using Main Menu > Edit > Preferences
- The conversion engine now uses a hash table to efficiently map unit names to associated conversion factors. This should improve speed on old and obsolete computers (the difference may not be noticeable on fast modern computers).
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista
Quad-Lock Unit Converter 5.4 Screenshot
Quad-Lock Unit Converter 5.4 Keywords
Bookmark Quad-Lock Unit Converter 5.4
Quad-Lock Unit Converter 5.4 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.