Rapid Typing Tutor 2.9.4
Rapid Typing Tutor 2.9.4 Ranking & Summary
Rapid Typing Tutor 2.9.4 description
Rapid Typing Tutor 2.9.4 is a reliable and useful program to help novice typists improve, but experienced typists looking to increase their speed may be frustrated by the program's interface.
The program contains a series of lessons that scroll across the screen as the user types. Users can choose from lessons consisting of letters, syllables, capital letters, digits and symbols, or text. As each lesson scrolls across, a keyboard diagram shows an outline of hands moving to the appropriate key. Users type through each lesson and are then shown their scores on speed, accuracy, and arrhythmic input. The main problem with the interface is that experienced typists tend to scan ahead in the text they're typing from, focusing on words or phrases rather than individual letters.
Rapid Typing Tutor allows users to see no more than a few characters ahead. And since the speed of the scroll depends on the speed of the typist, those who are already fairly quick may find that the blur of text flying across the screen is hard to process visually. Users who are just getting familiar with the keyboard layout likely won't be bothered by this, but they may grow increasingly frustrated as their speed increases.
In general the interface could be more intuitive, but most users should be able to figure it out. Users can create lessons, but it doesn't seem possible to cut and paste text from elsewhere into a new lesson, which is disappointing. Installation and uninstallation are trouble-free. For free software without limitations, this program is a boon to aspiring typists. More advanced keyboardists may wish to look elsewhere.
RapidTyping Team announces the release of Rapid Typing Tutor, a free software tool to improve one's typing skills. Rapid Typing Tutor helps computer users to learn how to type properly without looking at the keyboard while making keyboard training fun and entertaining. The tool is completely free, and does not cost a dime. Kids, and adults too, can use Rapid Typing Tutor to improve their typing skills through a series of easy, fun lessons. Rapid Typing Tutor is not another boring keyboard training tool. With numerous colorful themes and avatars and a game-like environment, Rapid Typing Tutor makes learning typing fun for both adults and children. A built-in typing game makes learning to type an easy and entertaining experience. The built-in typing game makes training more like a game, not studying.
With Rapid Typing Tutor, it's easy to evaluate typing performance at any time by simply looking at charts. Rapid Typing Tutor tracks user progress, and allows students to see their results at any time. The progress and statistics are represented as tables and charts, allowing students to see their progress and become motivated for taking yet another lesson. The statistics displays both typing speed and accuracy, always with a summary at the end of each lesson. Rapid Typing Tutor is absolutely free, and does not have any hidden fees, adware or spyware included. Rapid Typing Tutor is fully customizable, allowing students to plan their own lessons according to their skills and capabilities.
Rapid Typing Tutor offers the complete freedom of learning, allowing students to make their own lessons and plan their studies. There is no enforcement of pre-defined learning plans. Rapid Typing Tutor allows accessing any lesson at any time, from the easiest to the most advanced. Custom lessons are easy to make, too. If there is a need to practice a particular key or any set of keys, it's easy to create a specific lesson to train for those particular keys.To help typists learn how to place their fingers on the keyboard, Rapid Typing Tutor displays a virtual keyboard with zone highlights. This way, typists always know which hand belongs to which zone. To make learning even more fun while teaching students how to type correctly, Rapid Typing Tutor displays two moving hands over the keyboard.
- RapidTyping is completely free.
- No usage limitation.
- Don't ask you for your mail or registration.
- No nagscreens.
- No spyware/adware in the software.
- And of course you don't have to pay to get the software and share it with friends.
- Virtual Keyboard
- To help you learn how to place your fingers on the keyboard, Rapid Typing Tutor will display a virtual keyboard with zone highlights.
- This way, you'll always know which hand belongs to which zone.
- Choose Your Keyboard
- There are more types of keyboards than just QWERTY, including AZERTY, ABNT2, and Dvorak to name a few.
- Rapid Typing Tutor supports many different kinds of keyboards, helping you to adjust to your existing or a new working environment in a few easy lessons.
- Moving Hands
- To make learning even more fun while teaching you how to type correctly, Rapid Typing Tutor displays two moving hands over the keyboard.
- Uses the simple and colourful interface.
- Uses the simple and colourful interface.
- Rapid Typing Tutor is not just another boring keyboard training tool. With numerous colorful themes and avatars and a gamelike environment, Rapid Typing Tutor makes learning typing fun for both adults and children. A builtin typing game makes learning to type an easy and entertaining experience.
- Typing game
- The builtin typing game makes your training more like a game, not studying. Your training will take place under the water. The better typist you become the more colorful creatures you will see.
- Progress Tracking
- Evaluate your or your kids’ performance at any time by simply looking at charts! Rapid Typing Tutor tracks your progress, and allows you to see your results at any time.
- Your statistics are represented as tables and charts, allowing you to see your progress and become motivated for taking yet another lesson.
- The statistics displays your printing speed and accuracy, always with a summary at the end of each lesson
- Make Your Own Plan
- Plan your lessons according to your skills and capabilities. Rapid Typing Tutor offers you complete freedom of learning, allowing you to make your own lessons and plan your studies. No need to force yourself into a Procrustean bed of predefined learning plans!
- Rapid Typing Tutor allows accessing any lesson at any time, from easiest to most advanced.
- Make Your Own Lessons
- You can make your own lessons as easy as you make your plans with Rapid Typing Tutor.
- If you want to practice a particular key or any set of keys, it's easy to create a specific lesson to train you for those particular keys.
- Multiple users support: Multiple users with their personal settings are supported.
- Possible for run without installation. There is a portable version. Download formats: ZIParchives, Windows SFXarchives.
- Acceptable for children. Rapid Typing Tutor is simple even for the children.
- MultiLanguage interface.
- Interface language are available for your choice.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Bulgarian, Portuguese, Russian, Bosnian, Chinese (Taiwan), Spanish, Ukrainian, Turkish, Slovak, Indonesian
Enhancements: Adds sound scheme setup.
- Vista, Windows XP 2003/2000
- Minimum display area 800x600
- Display with more than 256-colors recommended (High Color)
- 7 MB free hard drive space recommended
Rapid Typing Tutor 2.9.4 Screenshot
Rapid Typing Tutor 2.9.4 Keywords
Bookmark Rapid Typing Tutor 2.9.4
Rapid Typing Tutor 2.9.4 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.