Ruler and Compass 1.7.1
Ruler and Compass 1.7.1 Ranking & Summary
Ruler and Compass 1.7.1 description
Ruler and Compass 1.7.1 is designed as a useful math software which helps the students of elementary or secondary schools with their study.
There are two ways of using of this program. "On screen" constructions allow to construct geometrical figures the way as they are constructed with ruler and compass and only these constructions are possible for "on screen" constructions.
The difference is that everything is done on computers screen, not on a paper. Pictures of circles, lines, and segments may be drawn with a mouse. A computer will find all intersections and this makes the difference with ordinary graphical program - it allows much higher precision. A computer names all figures and names are written on a screen.
The second way of using of program Ruler and Compass is to write a text for geometrical constructions. Program provides a very simple and understandable geometrical-computers language. Using of it is straightforward - instead of drawing - just write. Construction text (source files) can be written with any text editor.
However Literka provided a special editor for Ruler and Compass. All main commands are enlightened with yellow color, when they are written correctly. This avoids misprints. For example: the word circle will appear in a yellow color, but an incorrect word ccircle will appear in a white color. Writing source files is like programming. Only that the language is very simple and can be used by a person not familiar with other computer languages. Construction can be traced step-by-step.
This can be used as a simple debugger. Instead of tracing a source file, you can see a sequence of pictures. This allows also showing a constructions process to friends, parents or teachers. More advanced step is to use procedures. They allow performing more advanced constructions - not possible on paper. Colors can be used if there is such a need. In the directory Examples we can find examples for Ruler and Compass.
- Module "Ruler and Compass"
- This module allows only constructions, which refer to 2-dimensional plane and could be done with a ruler and a compass.
- Module "Dimension 2"
- Module contains all commands from the module "Ruler and Compass" corresponding to a planar geometry. There are few more added commands. They refer to 2-dimensional plane allowing geometrical figures to move, they define vectors, they fill rectangle with geometrical figures etc;
- Module "Dimension 3"
- Commands of this module refer to 3-dimensional space. Usually they serve to construct polyhedrons. There are procedures for coloring polyhedrons, resizing them, showing them in convenient way as animation pictures. Examples show, among other constructions, how to construct all regular polyhedrons. Try to invent your own polyhedron and write a construction with a program Ruler and Compass.
- Module "Graph"
- Commands for drawing graphs of functions. They define rectangles, where these graphs should appear, colors of graphs etc. Functions of these graphs are created with a help of special function editor, beyond of modules.
- New algebra module, quadratic functions and cubic functions module.
- A calculator, which computes with accuracy (up to) 900 significant digits.
- Option for complex numbers and complex functions.
- At least then 9 MB free hard disk memory.
- Windows system 98 or later version.
- Possibility to download installation program.
Ruler and Compass 1.7.1 Screenshot
Ruler and Compass 1.7.1 Keywords
Bookmark Ruler and Compass 1.7.1
Ruler and Compass 1.7.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.