ClipHint 2.1 Ranking & Summary
ClipHint 2.1 description
ClipHint 2.1 is a useful tool which is designed to help users with editing or modifying text.
ClipHint 2.1 allows you to modify formatted or unformatted text before you paste it into an application. It displays a hint of the current item in its Taskbar button label. It stores many Clipboard items and restores them upon program start. These items are normally stored in the main history list.
However, ClipHint contains a secondary list that can be used for storing frequently-used items. It includes incremental searching, launching, merging and splitting of items. These searches may be typo-insensitive. It has one-step undo and a secondary window called a mini-window. This window stays on top of regular windows and provides an easy way to paste in a sequence of items. ClipHint requires Windows 95 or Windows NT 3.51 or higher.
- Retains font, color and size information.
- Some programs have problems receiving formatted text.
- Allows for modifying text before pasting so that unwanted text is not pasted into a receiving program.
- Allows for formatting changes.
- Tells ClipHint to ignore Clipboard activity to avoid recording password or other sensitive information.
- Sends Web links to a browser or files to other programs.
- Copied links do not need to be prepended with "http://" in order to be launched.
- Several items can be joined together with specified characters separating them.
- An item with multiple lines can separated into several items.
- Marks the beginning of a set of items. Returns to this position.
- Switches between the Main List, which may limit the number of items, and the Retain List, which doesn't.
- Finds items in the History list.
- a) No need to press a Search or Find button
- b) May find the desired item(s) before you type the full search text.
- Expands the set of found items.
- Matched text can be made more or less similar to the search text.
- Provides useful information about ClipHint.
- This always-on-top window makes it easier to paste in a set of items.
- Main and Retain Lists are as you left them when the program closes.
- Preserves data in case your computer crashes.
- People who are more comfortable with a dot, space, another character or no separator can choose any of these number-format options.
- Shows beginning part of an item that is available to be pasted.
- Resting the mouse cursor on this button may show more of the item's text.
- Right clicking on this button allows for Previous/Next navigation with showing the beginning parts of these items.
- Handles formatted text.
- Can remove formatting (by clearing the Include Formatting check box).
- Re-Copy button
- Font and Color buttons
- Watch for Changes check box
- Launch button
- Handles links starting with "www."
- Merge button
- Split button
- Set Mark/Ret. to Mark button
- Change List button
- Search text field
- Incremental search
- Typo-insensitive search
- Adjustable typo separation
- Tip of the Day
- Saves data when ClipHint closes.
- Saves data after a specified number of new items.
- Adjustable thousand separator
- ClipHint button on the Taskbar
- Launching a Web link now handles links that start with "www.".
- Pressing the Enter key when the cursor is not in the Clipboard Text Contents window no longer causes the program to exit.
- On the Numbers page of the Options screen, the Other radio button will now be selected if appropriate.
- Text will no longer overwrite the scroll bar(s) in the Clipboard Text Contents window. This sometimes occurred when the text changed while the program was minimized.
- When the Clipboard Text Contents window is empty, the character count will now display "0 characters".
- Loading a data file from the Saving page of the Options screen will no longer freeze the program. Also, the OK button will become a Close button after loading or saving a file.
- The Previous and Next buttons will be grayed out when something other than text is copied. Examples include images and files.
- When something other than text is copied, the program's title starts with ClipHint and a dash to distinguish it from titles that appear when there is text in the Clipboard.
- When the Clipboard is empty, no item in the History list will be selected, the Previous and Next buttons will be grayed out and the corresponding menu items will also be grayed out.
- When ClipHint is running on a Vista computer, the cursor will now change to the hand cursor when it is over the link in the About box. This feature previously worked only on other versions of Windows.
ClipHint 2.1 Screenshot
ClipHint 2.1 Keywords
Bookmark ClipHint 2.1
ClipHint 2.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.