Debrief 2.4 Ranking & Summary
Debrief 2.4 description
Debrief 2.4 offers users with an effective yet beneficial PC software which is designed to handle note overload, keep your notes in one place, saved in your PC. With Debrief, organization can becomes habit, while hardly even trying. Debrief provides a significant step toward remembering what you know, and where you put it.
- Note Organization
- Notes are at the core of Debrief. Make a note one time, and view it in many different contexts. They can be viewed by date, like a journal. Or by subject folder, like files in a drawer. And they can be viewed within additional contexts of the features mentioned below - tasks, contacts, reading, etc. Of course, notes are searchable too.
- Note Decks
- Notes can be displayed in a similar fashion to index cards, arranging notes in different orders to produce drafts for whitepapers, articles, or books.
- Note Flags
- Mark notes as favorites, work in progress, attention required. Refer to them later with only one or two mouse clicks.
- An index can be maintained for topics that span across subject areas, like an index in a book.
- Reading List and Library
- A reading list may be maintained, which builds a library for which research notes may be taken and end notes managed.
- To-Dos, Assignments, Discussions
- To-Dos, Assignments, and Discussions can be managed in Debrief. While the task features are robust, notes may also be taken with each task and later viewed within different contexts.
- Issues, Changes, Risks, Decisions, Milestones
- The Case feature supports a "systems management" approach for man-aging work like: issues, changes, risks, decisions, milestones, and so on. Notes and tasks can be included with each case.
- Contact information can be collected, for very quick access to phone numbers and such, and notes can be associated to individuals and companies.
- Status reporting
- Display a view of notes, tasks, and cases, for input into status reports.
- Create outlines for use in brainstorming, or organization.
- Materials can be exported in various formats, e.g. word processing and spreadsheets, based on context.
- Gentle popup reminders each day.
- Accounts and Passwords
- Store user ids in one place for those web sites you visit.
- Associate a new task to the current note
- When creating a new task (e.g. to-do, assignment, discussion) while editing a note, the current note can be associated to the new task.
- Associate existing notes with existing action items
- When an existing note needs to be assigned to an existing action item (e.g. to-do, assignment, case, or discussion), this may be accomplished by clicking the new "Associate note" button, on the Note Information toolbar, below the note. The button will trigger a popup window which can display existing action items. The items may be filtered by open, closed, or all items for a given type.
- Font size
- While a note's font size has been selectable in previous releases, a larger font can now be selected for other areas in Debrief. These include folder displays and note lists. This larger font may be selected in the Options panel. (Tools > Options)
- Left margin
- A small left margin has been included in note displays, so characters have a little more space near the left border. This does not affect the content of the note - simply the display.
- Link External Files to a note
- To insert a link to an external file while editing a note, right-click the mouse and select the Insert Link to File menu option. To follow the link and open the file, either (a) right-click the link and select the Go to Web or File menu option; or, (b) press the Ctrl+G keyboard shortcut key.
- Multiselect Notes
- When in Folder view mode, the note bodies are displayed in a concatenated view.The multiselecting notes, using the mouse and Ctrl or Shift keys, selected notes can be displayed. This is useful for displaying or printing selected notes in a folder.
- Copy notes to other folders
- To copy notes from one folder to another, not move, hold the Ctrl key down while dragging the notes from the note list to the destination folder.
- New notes while in Note Deck view
- When in Note Deck view, new notes can now be created while in the Note Deck view. The new note is created via a new button on the second top toolbar. While the Note Deck has allowed notes to be reorganized in an outline order like index cards, the new feature allows new notes and note cards to be created on the fly at the same time.
- Popup menu option: Select All
- A "Select All" popup menu item is available when editing a note in the main window.
- Shortcut Keys for Notes
- Shortcut keys can be assigned to specific notes. The available shortcut keys are Alt+1 through Alt+9. To assign a shortcut key to a note, first display the note for editing, then press Alt+Shirt+#, where # is the number you wish to assign. For example, you can assign Alt+1 as the shortcut to a note by clicking Alt+Shift+1. To display which of these shortcut keys are in use, press Alt+0.
- Expanded/collapsed folder preference retained
- When viewing the folder view with folders expanded or collapsed, the preference is retained for the next time the notebook is opened.
- Outline bullet shortcut key change
- For moving outline bullets, the shortcut keys have changed from using the Alt key, to using the Ctrl key. For example, use Ctrl+RightArrow, rather than Alt+RightArrow. This allows the Alt-Arrow shortcut keys to exit the Outline view and navigate between recently viewed notes.
- Outline font
- Outlines are now displayed using the default font family and size specified for notes.
- Print Note-Only window
- The Note-Only window now can now be printed with the Crrl+P shortcut key.
- Print Reference window
- The Reference window now can now be printed with the Crrl+P shortcut key.
- Print Scratch Sheet
- The Scratch Sheet window now has a Print button on the Scratch Sheet toolbar.
- Minor Enhancements
- Minor usability enhancements
- Help Updates
- Minor help page additions and updates.
- Windows Me, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows XP
Debrief 2.4 Screenshot
Debrief 2.4 Keywords
Bookmark Debrief 2.4
Debrief 2.4 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.