IDAutomation Interleaved 2 of 5 Barcode Font Advantage -
IDAutomation Interleaved 2 of 5 Barcode Font Advantage - Ranking & Summary
IDAutomation Interleaved 2 of 5 Barcode Font Advantage - description
Interleaved 2 of 5 (ITF) is a numeric-only barcode that is used to encode pairs of numbers in a high density barcode format.
Interleaved 2 of 5 barcodes always contain an even number of digits because a single Interleaved 2 of 5 barcode character represents two numbers to achieve high density. If a number containing an odd number of digits needs to be encoded, a leading zero must be appended to produce an even number of digits.
The symbology of the Interleaved 2 of 5 character set consists of bar code symbols representing characters 00 to 99 and start / stop characters. The complete printed barcode consists of a leading quiet zone, a start pattern, Interleaved 2 of 5 symbols representing data, a stop pattern and a trailing quiet zone.
According to ANSI specifications, the quiet zones must be 10 times the width of the short bar in the barcode.
Interleaved 2 of 5 was designed for character self-checking, eliminating the requirement for checksum characters. However, checksum characters maximize data integrity and are required by some specifications.
When Interleaved 2 of 5 is used for ITF-14, EAN-14, SSC-14 and DUN14 bar-codes, a MOD 10 check digit is usually required. The MOD 10 may be either calculated by IDAutomations font automation tools or manually.
Manual calculation is obtained by adding up the odd numbers, multiplying them by 3, adding up the even numbers, and determining the number that when added to the sum will produce a multiple of 10. For example, the check digit for 123456789 is 5 because (3*(1+3+5+7+9))+(2+4+6+8) = 95 and 95 + 5 =100.
When calculating check digits, the data to encode should be an odd number of digits because the check digit is interleaved with the last digit. IDAutomation recommends using the Online Font Encoder to test the results of manual calculations.
The Interleaved 2 of 5 barcode may also be used as for German Post Identcode and Leitcode symbols. Identcode and Leitcode require a unique checksum to be calculated.
The calculation is similar to USS Interleaved 2 of 5 MOD 10 except that even numbers are multiplied by 9 and odd numbers by 4. For example, the check digit for 12345678901 would be "6" because (4*(1+3+5+7+9+1))+(9*(2+4+6+8+0)=284 and 284 + 6 = 290.
- Font Tools Included - For easy integration into applications, IDAutomation provides several Font Tools that are free to use with IDAutomation fonts. The font tools automatically format the data to the barcode font. When it is necessary to create a single barcode, IDAutomation recommends using the Online Font Encoder. Available font tools include:
.NET Framework Assembly DLL (100% managed code)
C++ header file
C# .NET Class Library
Crystal Reports Formulas (allows distribution of crystal reports without the UFL)
Crystal Reports UFL (User Function Library)
DLL for Windows�
FileMaker Pro Plug-ins
FoxPro Program Module
LotusScript Functions for Lotus Notes, Domino and Approach
Microsoft� Office Macros for Word, Excel and Access with VBA source code
Microsoft Reporting Services
Online Font Encoder
Oracle Reports Libraries and PLL
OpenOffice & StarOffice VB macros
Source Code in Visual Basic, C++, PowerBuilder, FoxPro and JAVA
Complete list of all font tools
- 24 Versions Provided - Twenty-four (24) versions of the Interleaved 2 of 5 barcode fonts are provided to support different height/width requirements, as well as those with bearer bars.
- Industry Standard Support - IDAutomations Interleaved 2 of 5 barcode font is UNICODE compliant and was developed according to ANSI USS Interleaved 2 of 5 and European (CEN) standards.
- Multiple Language and Locale Support - In the event the systems regional setting is not set to "English" or the 1252 Latin-1 code page, these fonts support the following additional code pages: 1250 European, 1251 Cyrillic, 1253 Greek, 1254 Turkish, 1255 Hebrew and 1256 Arabic. To obtain a font that is compatible with any operating system, code page and locale, purchase or evaluate the Universal Barcode Font Advantage�, which creates Interleaved 2 of 5 and many other barcodes as a single font.
- Multiple Formats Provided - When a license is purchased for this font package, the customer will receive all versions in a single ZIP file. The manual is supplied in a file named "Readme.html". The following fonts are included:
- TrueType fonts are supplied in PC and Macintosh format. The TrueType TTF fonts are compatible with Macintosh OS X and all versions of Microsoft Windows, including Pocket PC. Macintosh formatted MTT TrueType fonts are compatible with Macintosh System 7.1 and above.
- OpenType OTF fonts with PostScript outlines are provided. These are compatible with Windows�, Macintosh OS X and other systems supporting the OpenType format.
- PostScript Type 1 fonts are supplied in binary, ASCII and Macintosh versions.
- Also included in this package are PCL laserjet soft fonts in 10, 14, 20 and 28 points.
- The Developer License grants the right to convert IDAutomations fonts to other formats as necessary including TrueDoc and OpenType
- Some of the characters contain the "DEMO" watermark
- Fonts are only provided in the "S", "L" and "XXL" heights
IDAutomation Interleaved 2 of 5 Barcode Font Advantage - Screenshot
IDAutomation Interleaved 2 of 5 Barcode Font Advantage - Keywords
Bookmark IDAutomation Interleaved 2 of 5 Barcode Font Advantage -
IDAutomation Interleaved 2 of 5 Barcode Font Advantage - Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Code 39 Barcode Fonts 5.0
- TrueType Barcode Font Pack 1.1
- EZ Barcode Font Package 1.2
- MICR E13B Font Advantage Package 1.0
- Morovia UPC-A/UPC-E/EAN-8/EAN-13/Bookland Barcode Font 1.0
- Morovia Interleaved 25 barcode Fontware 1.0
- IDAutomation MICR E13B Font Advantage 6.8
- IDAutomation OCR-A and OCR-B Font Advantage Package 6.11