Linux in a window of Windows 5.0.0
Linux in a window of Windows 5.0.0 Ranking & Summary
Linux in a window of Windows 5.0.0 description
Linux in a window of Windows 5.0.0 is a useful tool which is designed to use or test Linux together with Windows without the need to resize a partition and install a dual boot system. Using this version of Linux in a window of Windows will bring you such help and convenience.
Run the Debian Linux appliance in the free VMware Player side by side with Windows. This is a full desktop Gnome installation of the stable Debian Lenny distribution 5.0. It is intended to be used for working with Windows and Debian Linux at the same time without the need of a dual boot setup.
You only need this zip file, the free Player from VMware, at least Windows NT or a newer x86 OS, enough RAM and about 2 GB free space on your hard disk. Debian Linux in its virtual PC (the VMware player) resides in a few ordinary files that come with the zip file and can be handled with every file manager. If the host system (Windows) is online the appliance is ready to install software choosing from 24000 free packages of the Debian repositories.
- For VMware Player >= 2.x or VMware Workstation >= 6.x
- VMwaretools are fully installed
- Access shared folders of the host by the built-in facility of Workstation
- Access shared folders of the host with Player, Workstation and Server by virtual networking via SMBFS or CIFS
- All files are smaller than 2 GB to be able to make a snapshot by packing them with zip
- If the host is online the system is ready for installation of new packages (about 23000). The main repository addresses for Debian Lenny have been added to the sources.list. Just start System->Administration->Synaptic and press reload
- For more information start the Epiphany or the Iceweasel (Firefox) web browser. Both have their homepages pointed to this page so that it is most convenient to get e.g. networking set up (you will have to copy and paste commands)
- Installed into VMware Workstation 6.0
- Newest VMwareTools installed
- 10 GB disc capacity split into files < 2 GB
- 256MB RAM
Linux in a window of Windows 5.0.0 Screenshot
Linux in a window of Windows 5.0.0 Keywords
Bookmark Linux in a window of Windows 5.0.0
Linux in a window of Windows 5.0.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- FFP - Free FLV Player 1.0
- Join (Merge, Combine) Multiple Image Files Together Side By Side Software 7.0
- VISCOM VideoCap Live ActiveX OCX SDK 2.13
- Joboshare Apple TV Video Converter 184.108.40.2067
- Fortop FLV Player 1.1 build 80204
- Media Player Classic for Win2k/XP 220.127.116.11 Build 20080728
- Sothink FLV Player 2.2 Build 80812
- Video2Web 1.2