PictureSaver 4.2.5 Ranking & Summary
PictureSaver 4.2.5 description
PictureSaver 4.2.5 has all the dynamic & versatile features required to turn your pictures into a slideshow. Select the pictures youd like to see, and let the PictureSaving begin! You control exactly how your pictures are displayed: stretched or shrunken to fit the screen; number of pictures onscreen at one time; random or sequential ordering; background colors; picture frames; descriptions; on-screen clocks; and more! Picture groups provide even more variety, and can now be exported into standalone screen savers. Over 190 transition effects. Supports over 25 popular file formats.
- Configurable to show just the pictures you want - specify individual pictures, or specify folders and show all the pictures in those folders;
- Group pictures together for even more variety, and individually control which groups are displayed;
- Share your pictures by creating standalone screen savers you can share with friends and family;
- Control the way you want your pictures to be displayed:
- Choose a solid-colored background or use a gradient background that smoothly transitions between up to eight colors;
- Frame your pictures with solid or 3D-style frames;
- Size and position your images over all or just part of the screen;
- Display one or many pictures at a time with the multi-picture feature;
- Choose from over 200 attractive transition effects in 27 groups;
- Integrated search lets you find pictures anywhere on your hard drive(s);
- Set display time and ordering for pictures and picture groups;
- Display picture descriptions in your choice of font, color, and shadowing;
- Configurable on-screen clock;
- The configuration file format and location were changed, to pave the way for multi-user support. Individual users on the same computer can now have their own picture lists, but other options are still shared (that's coming).
- When a picture isn't found, it is now logged to the Windows error log (instead of to the PictureSaver.err file).
- PictureSaver will now add the My Pictures foler as a default PicFolder when it's installed for the first time. An empty Default group is still created, but is disabled by default.
- PicFolders can now be exported to standalone screen savers just like groups can.
- Users now have more control over exported screen savers. You can now specify which transitions to use, whether to display the clock and description text, and whether to use filenames, picture descriptions, or sequential numbers for the exported picture descriptions.
- The Pictures tab now recognizes when you use PicFolders rather than Groups, and defaults to displaying the PicFolders list in that case. The PicFolders list is selected whenever you have only one group and that group is disabled.
- Updated help to HTML Help format.
- Users can now play sounds from either the browser or the picture list side of the configuration box.
- Loading images is now much more CPU-friendly (no more 100% utilization spikes).
- The preview window (in Windows screen-saver properties) is now more CPU-friendly (no more 100% utilization spikes).
- When exporting groups (or PicFolders) that contained spaces, PS would sometimes crash and never get around to exporting the saver. This has been fixed.
- Updated the gradient drawing routines to use built-in Windows functions wherever possible. Unfortunately they weren't built in until Win98, so Win95 can no longer be supported.
- Several optimizations and miscellaneous other tweaks and changes (as usual).
PictureSaver 4.2.5 Screenshot
PictureSaver 4.2.5 Keywords
Bookmark PictureSaver 4.2.5
PictureSaver 4.2.5 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.