Rainmeter 2.1 Ranking & Summary
Rainmeter 2.1 description
Rainmeter 2.1 is regarded as a convenient as well as simple to use tool which displays customizable skins, like memory and battery power, RSS feeds and weather forecasts, right on your desktop. Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and control your media player - all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking. Rainmeter is at once an application and a toolkit. You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
- Added the single most-requested feature: the NowPlaying plugin, which allows a single Rainmeter skin to interact with a huge range of popular media players by changing only a single setting. AIMP, Foobar2000, iTunes, MediaMonkey, MusicBee, Winamp, VLC Media Player, and Windows Media Player are all fully supported, along with any other players that are compatible with CD Art Display. Also, Last.fm, Media Player Classic, OpenPandora, Spotify, TTPlayer and Zune are partially supported. The plugin not only allows the display of track, artist and album information and basic player controls, but also makes it possible to change the track position, toggle shuffle and repeat settings, and even rate your music directly from Rainmeter.
- Past versions included a small fleet of popular addons that made it easier to manage and customize your skins: RainBrowser, RainThemes, RainBackup, and Rainstaller. The providers are now in the process of baking those features directly into Rainmeter, starting with the Rainmeter Manager. Just click on the Rainmeter icon in your Windows tray, and you’ll have your whole library at your fingertips. Load new skins, change settings on the fly, and save and restore your “theme” arrangements - all from the same elegant tabbed interface.
- While Rainmeter was already incredibly light on system resources, you asked to make it even lighter - and the answered the challenge. Rainmeter’s performance has been improved in countless areas, including significantly faster launch times and image caching for graphics-heavy skins. Rainmeter 2.1 also plays better with Windows 7 than ever before. Skins can take advantage of Aero blur, and Rainmeter now keeps track of your network usage independently, instead of by theme.
- And for you Rainmeter skin authors looking for new development features, the have a whole lot of new toys for you. Added commands to change any meter’s settings and appearance without using styles or variables, added escape variables and “magic” quotes to make bang commands more powerful, and made improvements to the Lua script measure, which lets you break free of Rainmeter’s simple format and jump into a complex multi-line script whenever you need to. Substitution now allows regular expressions for all measures. The totally-overhauled About console gives you finer control over notification, debug and error logs. And Cleaned up the code, shortening many commands, and making others more consistent and intuitive for beginners to learn.
- Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008
Rainmeter 2.1 Screenshot
Rainmeter 2.1 Keywords
Bookmark Rainmeter 2.1
Rainmeter 2.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.