BitComet 20080928 Beta / 1.04 Final
BitComet 20080928 Beta / 1.04 Final Ranking & Summary
BitComet 20080928 Beta / 1.04 Final description
Bitcomet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with BitTorrent, designed for the high-speed distribution of 100MB or GB sized files.
BitComet is a easy-to-use multitorrent client for Win32 platforms, along with lots of improvements.
Support download certain files within torrent, disk cache, fast resume, port mapping, speed limits, etc. Small, clean, and fast.
No adware or spyware.
BitTorrent Download - fast and powerful:
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of MP3, rmvb, wmv, and qt is available during downloading process.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization: Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
- Intelligent Disk Cache: Memory cache is used to reduce the read/write frequency of your hard drive, therefore increasing service life.
- Quick Resume: The torrents can be seeded or resumed immediately without time consuming scans.
- NAT Traversal: Users behind NAT can now connect with each other by UDP.
- Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows XP
- Auto Config UPNP port mapping in router (UPnP support is required in router, Windows XP is required).
- Option of Disabling and Setting Priority of Files in any torrent: Files can be disabled, so they are not downloaded, or set to higher or lower priority, allowing you to select which files finish first.
- Trackerless support (Mainline DHT): Torrents can be downloaded when tracker is offline using DHT.
- Support for Multi-tracker, and utf-8 extension, UDP tracker Protocol v2.
HTTP/FTP Download - Innovative P2P Technology:
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of mp3, rmvb, wmv, and qt is available during downloading process.
- Ability of Multi-Section Download: Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
- Ability of Multi-Mirror download: Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed 300% or more.
- Ability of Multi-Peer download: BitTorrent technology is integrated into HTTP/FTP protocol, with which BitComet automatically finds other peers and gets data from them to increase your download speed without additional bandwidth usage of the HTTP server.
- Support for Unicode: Multi-language web pages and encoded URLs can be correctly handled.
- Quick Resume: Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
Download Management - Customization Available:
- Global and Per-Task Speed Limit, for Both Upload and Download.
- Bandwidth Scheduler
- Custom-built Categories Management.
Easy to Use and Free:
- User-friendly and very easy-to-use, we try to hide every complicated terms behind the interface
- BitComet does not contain any adware or spyware.
- MSXML3 is required, which is included with Windows XP or IE 6.0.
- GUI Improved: fix the bug that somtimes torrent file cant be open properly after downloaded in BitComet embedded browser
- Core Improved: Remove the old protocol header encryption, add new protocol encryption compatible with Azureus and uTorrent
This program is marked as adware
- Offers to download or install software or components (Google Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function.
- Attempts to change the homepage for web browsers installed on the system
BitComet 20080928 Beta / 1.04 Final Screenshot
BitComet 20080928 Beta / 1.04 Final Keywords
Bookmark BitComet 20080928 Beta / 1.04 Final
BitComet 20080928 Beta / 1.04 Final Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.