Database Tour Pro 22.214.171.1249
Database Tour Pro 126.96.36.1999 Ranking & Summary
Database Tour Pro 188.8.131.529 description
Database Tour Pro 184.108.40.2069 is a powerful cross-database tool including different db utilities and tools like SQL tool, reporting tool, data converting, exporting, importing utilities and much more.
The program works with data through the Borland Database Engine (BDE) or Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects (ADO). This allows using the program as a cross-database tool. So, to use Database Tour you need to install BDE 5.0 or above or ADO 2.1 or above.
ADO is included in Windows 2000 and above. For other Windows systems, you may download and install MDAC from Microsoft web site. You can check the presence of BDE and ADO on your machine and their versions after installing Database Tour in About... section.
Database Tour developed mainly for professionals. But unexperienced users sometimes can use it also (e.g., for report printing, table editing and so on). Main program purposes: accessing databases; convenience in viewing and editing data; automation of the most often used database operations; printing data in the most convenient view.
Supported database types:
Database Tour works with databases via ADO or BDE and was tested on the following database types:
- dBase / FoxPro (*.dbf). Access via BDE or ADO (using ODBC or ISAM drivers).
- Paradox (*.db). Access via BDE or ADO (using ODBC or ISAM drivers).
- Text (*.txt). Access via BDE (text tables with schema files *.sch) or ADO (using ODBC or ISAM drivers).
- Comma separated values (*.csv). Access via ADO (using text ODBC driver) or BDE (for export purposes only).
- Lotus (*.wk1, *.wj2). Access via ADO (using ISAM driver).
- HTML (*.htm, *.html). Access via ADO (using ISAM driver).
- XML (*.xml). Access via BDE (for export purposes only) or ADO (for import / export operations only).
- Interbase (*.gdb). Access via BDE (using direct file link for local databases or BDE aliases for remote databases) or ADO (using ODBC driver with direct file link for local databases or ODBC DSN for remote databases).
- Microsoft Access (*.mdb, *.accdb). Access via ADO (using ODBC driver or Jet/ACE engine) or BDE (using DSN-based BDE alias or native driver (only Access 95-97)).
- Microsoft Excel (*.xls, *.xlsx). Access via BDE (using DSN-based BDE alias) or ADO (using ODBC driver or Jet/ACE engine).
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro (*.dbc). Access via BDE (using DSN-based BDE alias) or ADO (using ODBC drivers).
- Oracle. Access via BDE (using BDE alias) or ADO (using ODBC DSN).
- SQL Server. Access via BDE (using BDE alias) or ADO (using ODBC DSN).
- PostgreSQL. Access via BDE (using DSN-based BDE alias) or ADO (using ODBC DSN).
- MySQL. Access via BDE (using DSN-based BDE alias) or ADO (using ODBC DSN).
Theoretically, Database Tour can work with some other formats (depending on database engine (ADO or BDE) installed).
What Database Tour features highlight it among other database tools?
- Integrated report engine with a report designer (Database Tour Pro only). Data from any open table or query can be printed in the most convenient view directly in Database Tour Pro, without needing to transfer the data into other programs (although this is also possible!). Database Tour Pro uses its own report engine.
- Export-import data (see topic below).
- Running SQL dumps. With specifying a separator for SQL statements, you can run dumps with unlimited count of statements at a time.
- Big set of functions, which perform most often used operations with databases, such as searching and replacing text etc.
- Great convenience of viewing the data. Table components of Database Tour give you ability to view MEMO and graphic fields, expand rows, use autoscrolling, sorting, selecting group of records, copying data etc. Data in tables can be highlighted concerning to its content (so called conditional formatting). There is a tool for working with BLOB fields, such as MEMO, graphic, RTF.
- Large number of operations can be performed through command line (mostly in Database Tour Pro). This allows using it in batch files, schedulers, and in calls from your own programs.
- The program allows to import data into the opened table from another table (which can be of other data format) or open query. There some useful import options, such as field matching, import type (appending, updating or deletion), specifying the buffer for error records etc.
- Every open table or query can be exported to the new table or file. The format conversion is also possible. Except the standard database formats, the data can be exported to the text, RTF or HTML documents, Excel sheets and some other formats. There is a set of options, which gives an ability to maximally customize the exporting. Exporting to HTML and RTF can be performed with pictures and all text formating (including conditional formatting).
- Field mappings for import/export can be saved to file and loaded from file. This gives additional flexibility for these operations.
- Data exporting can also be executed in command line mode (Database Tour Pro only). This allows to use the feature in scheduling and in making calls to Database Tour Pro from other programs, including your own ones.
- Database Tour can print the table data either as they shown in the data grid or by using its own database reporting tool (Database Tour Pro only). Such data, as contents of the graphic, Memo or RTF fields, can be printed either separately or in reports (except RTF).
- In the first (after opening data set) accessing the report builder or preview the report is automatically generated. In many cases it is enough to print the data. If the automatically created report does not satisfy the user, it can be edited in the report builder. Report builder allows to customize your reports quickly and easily. It contains convenient object inspector, tool bars etc.
- Database Tour Pro reports allow using the aggregated expressions, grouping the data (only one level in the current version), paste graphic shapes and pictures (from files or database), highlight text by colors, background, borders etc.
- When the report is ready, its template can be saved to file. It can be loaded from file every time when it is needed. The template can be opened from the file either in the program (from report builder after opening the data set) or simply by double-clicking the file in Windows Explorer (in this case the linked data set is automatically opened and the report template is loaded you just print it!).
- Current Database Tour version supports the following interface languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Ukrainian, Russian. Help files already developed for English, Ukrainian, Polish and Russian languages. Users can switch between the languages at any time.
- Any help in further translating the program interface to other languages is very welcome.
- Main (executable) file.
- Help files with many different examples.
- Sample databases in DBF format.
- Files with column definitions for the sample databases; just open the database, right-click the data grid and choose Load Columns to load the column definitions and understand how to customize the table view.
- Example of export results in HTML format.
- Several report templates for sample databases (can be used in Database Tour Pro only); just open the table, load the template in report builder and choose Report Preview to view Database Tour reporting.
- Creating tables for different types of databases.
- Viewing data in databases.
- Editing data.
- Several ways to print data.
- Built-in report engine, which allows to produce the reports automatically or by using a visual report designer with templates, expressions, preview etc.
- Expression builder for report expressions.
- Building and executing SQL queries.
- Support for execution of multi statement SQL scripts.
- Syntax highlighting in SQL editor.
- Support for parameterized SQL queries.
- Enhanced database grids, which allow to view and manipulate the data in the most convenient way, including sorting by clicking column header, changing row heights, resizing columns etc.
- Creating, deleting, modifying BDE aliases.
- Command line support for executing queries, opening tables, export-import operations, loading reports etc. with logging the performed operations.
- Searching and replacing text in database with ability to choose fields, record range etc.
- Import data to table from another table or a query.
- Export data from open table or query of any format to text, HTML, XLS, XML, RTF, CSV and to databases of other formats (which supported by database engine installed).
- Copying data to clipboard.
- Calculating numeric fields (sum, avg, min, max, count).
- Viewing and editing Blob data, such as MEMO, graphic, RTF.
- Tools for editing text fields (trimming, changing case of symbols).
- Sorting (logical and physical) data.
- Filtering data according to specified criteria.
- Viewing table and database structure with ability to print, copy, sort it.
- Reindexing tables.
- Customized data view (font, background).
- Conditional formatting data in database grids and reports.
- Ability to control transactions manually.
- Storing database and SQL history.
- Improvements in export routines.
- Minor changes in SQL editor.
Database Tour Pro 220.127.116.119 Screenshot
Database Tour Pro 18.104.22.1689 Keywords
Bookmark Database Tour Pro 22.214.171.1249
Database Tour Pro 126.96.36.1999 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Database Tour Pro 5.88
- Database Tour Pro 5.87
- Database Tour Pro 188.8.131.528
- Database Tour 184.108.40.2068
- Database Tour 220.127.116.119
- Database Tour Pro 18.104.22.1687
- Database Tour 22.214.171.1247
- Database Tour 126.96.36.1992
- Database Tour Pro 188.8.131.522
- Database Tour Pro 184.108.40.2061
- Database Tour 220.127.116.111
- Database Tour 18.104.22.1681
- Database Tour Pro 22.214.171.1241
- Database Tour 126.96.36.1991
- Database Tour Pro 188.8.131.521