Datawasp Database Manager 2.0.1
Datawasp Database Manager 2.0.1 Ranking & Summary
Datawasp Database Manager 2.0.1 description
- Little or no training is required to create database solutions using the spread sheet style interface. Data is modelled hierarchically and the default interface simply mirrors the hierarchical structure of the database. Altering the default interface alters the database structure. Calculations and reports can also be added to the database in any way you want.
- The net result is that staff can create database solutions in Datawasp as easily as they currently do in spreadsheets but without their inherent limitations.
- Datawasp databases are networked so multiple users can edit the data at the same time.
- Datawasp calculations are specified per column instead of per cell so calculations do not get broken accidentally.
- The data design can be locked per user so that inexperienced users do not damage the design.
- Datawasp databases can store files and rich text as well as normal text and numbers.
- Datawasp solutions provide personal views of the data (calculations and visual interface) for each user so they can personalize the way they use the information.
- Calculated values in specific rows can be locked (committed) so that changes in source data does not affect the calculated values.
- Datawasp solutions can be accessed peer to peer using a normal file sharing network or via a Datawasp server.
- Datawasp database manager backs up all data once a day automatically.
- Everything about Datawasp is designed to balance power and flexibility with the need for simplicity. To be sure, experience will allow you to do some things you couldnt do to start with but the learning curve is a gentle one. You will be able to create powerful solutions on day one then add features as you need them.
1. Intuitive Data structure.
- Data is primarily stored in nested tables. Typically links between different rows in different tables are created using references. Spread sheet style calculations are used to produce summary values and also to produce virtual tables of rows drawn from different tables.
2. Multi user architecture.
- As many people as you want can access and edit the information stored in Datawasp simultaneously over a network.
3. In situ editing of data structure and user interface.
- Data structure and data views are all created and edited in the same place that the data is entered and edited. There is no distinction made between editing the data and editing the data structure or views. It's all just one display. This is a fundamental difference between Datawasp and conventional databases. By default user accounts are created with the right to make changes to the data structure but you can change this so that users need to be given specific permission to make such changes.
4. Multiple views of the same data.
- A basic view of the data is inherent in the data structure itself and is created automatically for you as you create the data structure but you will quickly want to add elements to the view which are additional to the data itself. At the simplest level you can re-order paragraphs and columns and format data to show things like cash or dates in the way you want. At a higher level you can add calculations to tables and pages which summarize data from the database. At the highest level you can add virtual tables which draw rows from other parts of the database. You can then do calculations based on these virtual tables etc..
5. Graphic interface for calculations.
- Calculations can be entered as text or can be created using drop down menus and wizards. This helps inexperienced users get a feel for what is available and allows experienced users to create calculations very quickly without errors.
6. Personalized views per user account.
- Different views with different calculations, filters, sorts and virtual tables can be created and saved off to be accessed later via a drop down menu. These views can also be kept private to your user account or made available to other users as global views.
7. Data design templates.
- The data structure and views can be saved off, separately from the data, as a template. This allows designs to be re-used on more than one database and shared between departments or companies. It also allows data structure changes to be tried out on a dummy database before being applied to the real thing.
8. Powerful additional data types.
- As well as numbers, text and dates etc. Datawasp allows more complicated and useful data to be stored. The two big types are 'rich text' and 'embedded files'. Rich text allows formatted text with headings, indents, multiple fonts and pictures to be stored and edited through the standard interface. Embedded files are any files at all. The files are actually stored on the database not just short cuts to the files. The files can be loaded onto a local machine for editing then placed back into the database. See the 'data types' section in the features list below for a full list of available data types.
9. Auto backup and restore.
- By default a copy of the database is made automatically, by the system, every day that the database is accessed. You can make backups more often if you wish. If the files get corrupted or you want to go back to a previous version for any reason at all then the last seven versions of the database can be recovered at the click of an icon.
10. Optional server.
- Data wasp works just fine for multiple users over a network without the special Datawasp server as long as each Datawasp client can 'see' the database files over the network. If however, the network is very slow or you can not see the files for some reason or you want to work over the public internet you can run a Datawasp server which can 'see' the database files then connect to the server using the same Datawasp client you use to connect via file sharing.
- Completely New Tab Based Interface;
- Managed Tables added;
- no longer requires registration.
- Operating System: 2000,XP,Vista
- Computer Processor: 800 MHz Pentium III or Athlon, or better
- Computer Memory: 512 MB or more
- Hard Drive Space: 100meg or more
Datawasp Database Manager 2.0.1 Screenshot
Datawasp Database Manager 2.0.1 Keywords
Bookmark Datawasp Database Manager 2.0.1
Datawasp Database Manager 2.0.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.