dbForge SQL Azure Backup 1.0.23 Early Access Preview
dbForge SQL Azure Backup 1.0.23 Early Access Preview Ranking & Summary
dbForge SQL Azure Backup 1.0.23 Early Access Preview description
dbForge SQL Azure Backup 1.0.23 Early Access Preview proves itself to be a beneficial as well as efficient GUI tool for creating backup copies of SQL Azure database to local drive, SQL Server, or Azure Blob Storage for development or archive purposes.
- Create a copy of your SQL Azure database on local SQL Server
- Make an archive copy on your local hard drive
- Restore SQL Azure database from archive
- Schedule periodic backups to your Azure Blob storage
- Transparent backup format
- The backup is just a simple ZIP archive with T-SQL scripts, which you can run with any tool like SSMS or sqlcmd. This guarantees that you can restore the database in any environment.
- Unlike transmitting data from SQL Azure to your local PC, you don't have to pay when SQL Azure and the deployed service are in the same region. Thus you'll have to pay only for storing backups on Blob Storage. Moreover, the engine does not require temporary disk space and consumes only 20Mb of RAM, what reduces charges for average disk space usage.
- Charge-free bandwidth
- The maximum ZIP compression of T-SQL scripts yields fairly small .zip file, which is even smaller than the original database .mdf file compressed with ZIP, or compressed backup .bak file. Storing such small files on Blob Storage will significantly reduce monthly expenses.
- Less space = less expenses
- The backup consists of three T-SQL scripts: create database itself, create database objects, fill tables with data. All scripts are compatible with any SQL Server (Azure/2005/2008/2011), thus you can execute them via any tool, like SSMS or sqlcmd.
- Easy database restoring
- You can configure the service for Windows Azure to periodically make backup of a database, what releases you from manual labour. You can specify the lifetime of a backup file so that the service will delete them to free up the space on Blob Storage. This will save your money on storing relevant backups only.
- Periodical backup by schedule
- Error report on initial launch in Windows XP (NET Framework 3.5) (T35176, T34755, T34834, T34954, T35109, T35198, T35391).
dbForge SQL Azure Backup 1.0.23 Early Access Preview Screenshot
dbForge SQL Azure Backup 1.0.23 Early Access Preview Keywords
Bookmark dbForge SQL Azure Backup 1.0.23 Early Access Preview
dbForge SQL Azure Backup 1.0.23 Early Access Preview Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.