dotConnect Express for MySQL 5.20
dotConnect Express for MySQL 5.20 Ranking & Summary
dotConnect Express for MySQL 5.20 description
dotConnect Express for MySQL 5.20 is professionally designed as an enhanced database connectivity solution built over ADO.NET architecture and a development framework with a number of innovative technologies. dotConnect offers a complete solution for developing database-related applications and web sites. With state of the art ORM solutions such as Entity Framework and LINQ to SQL, it introduces new approaches for designing applications and boosts productivity of database application development.
dotConnect for MySQL, formerly known as MyDirect .NET, is an enhanced data provider for MySQL that builds on ADO.NET technology to present a complete solution for developing MySQL-based database applications. As part of the Devart database application development framework, dotConnect for MySQL offers both high performance native connectivity to the MySQL database and a number of innovative development tools and technologies.
dotConnect for MySQL introduces new approaches for designing application architecture, boosts productivity, and leverages database application implementation.
dotConnect Express for MySQL supports MySQL server version 5.1, 5.0, 4.1, 4.0, and 3.23. The provider works with .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5. dotConnect Express for MySQL supports Mono version 2.0 and above.
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2008
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2005
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002
- Turbo Delphi for .NET Professional
- Turbo C# Professional
- Borland Developer Studio 2006
- Borland Developer Studio 2005
- Borland Delphi 8
- Borland C#Builder
- Wide Coverage of MySQL Features
By providing access to the most advanced database functionality, dotConnect for MySQL allows developers to harness the full capabilities of the MySQL server and optimize their database applications. dotConnect for MySQL stands out as the set of components with the widest support of MySQL functionality.
- Flexible Connectivity
dotConnect for MySQL has widest possible connectivity options. It can operate in Direct mode without MySQL client library and in Client mode with usage of libmysql.dll. dotConnect for MySQL utilizes Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, Secure Shell (SSH) protocol, as well as connections through proxy servers and HTTP tunnels. dotConnect for MySQL supports all MySQL server versions since 3.23, including MySQL Embedded Server.
- Optimized Code
The goal of dotConnect for MySQL is to enable developers to write efficient and flexible database applications. The dotConnect for MySQL assemblies are implemented using optimized code and advanced data access algorithms. Components undergo comprehensive performance tests and are designed to help you write thin and efficient product data access layers.
- Comprehensive Support for ADO.NET Technology Features
dotConnect for MySQL supports new ADO.NET features and technologies as soon as they are released. This includes base-class-based provider model, provider factories, connection string builder, metadata schemas, asynchronous commands, pooling enhancements, batch update support, provider-specific types, server enumeration, database change notification support and so on. dotConnect for MySQL will continue supporting the newest standards and innovations of the .NET Framework.
- Database Application Development Extensions
dotConnect for MySQL has rich set of design time tools that leverage the development process greatly. Particularly, there are convenient design time component editors, wizards and managers for typed MySQL-specific components, toolset for live data binding and much more. dotConnect for MySQL integrates tightly with Visual Studio 2005/2008, Delphi, and SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence Solutions. Last, but not least, there is dbForge Fusion for MySQL to design your database schema and manipulate table data - all within your favorite IDE.
- Provider-Specific Technologies
dotConnect for MySQL has extra components designed to simplify some tasks and support MySQL-specific technologies. Particularly, MySqlScript serves to execute series of SQL statements, MySqlLoader serves to load external data into MySQL databases, and MySqlDump serves to backup or restore a whole database or its parts.
- ADO.NET Entity Framework Support
- ADO.NET Entity Framework is a conceptual approach to database application development with focus on objects instead of relational data. The flexible architecture of Entity Framework is made up of well-thought layers and modules. Entity Framework optimizes the development process with object-relational mapping, SQL-based entity query language, and LINQ. See our Entity Framework tutorial for a quick start with the technology.
- dotConnect for MySQL fully supports the Entity Framework capabilities, which allows you to base your object-oriented applications on MySQL. dotConnect for MySQL includes a set of demos to use as a starting point. All standard Entity Framework samples can be easily ported to dotConnect for MySQL.
- LINQ Support
dotConnect for MySQL includes support for LINQ to MySQL technology. The technology allows you to employ object-oriented database application development with less efforts and in less time. Compared to ADO.NET Entity Framework, LINQ to MySQL is better suited for RAD-style development, is easier to start with, and somewhat richer with server-oriented features like server-specific types. See our LINQ to MySQL tutorial for a quick start with the technology.
- Both Connected and Disconnected Models
dotConnect for MySQL combines connected and disconnected data access models in single MySqlDataTable component, which allows you to design more flexible application architecture and use full power of data binding.
- .NET Framework support
- ADO.NET core classes
- Native data types classes and structures
- New features
- The Charset property supported
- The PingInterval property for connection maintaining supported
- LINQ to MySQL
- Supported extended errors processing
- Supported DataLoadOptions class and Include method for tuning data loading
- Supported DeferredLoadingEnable functionality
- Supported function import
- Supported stored procedures as insert/update/delete behavior
- Supported user-defined functions in selection part of a query
- Supported CreateDatabase() and DeleteDatabase() methods
- Supported SqlMethods class
- Supported returning new Dictionary from query
- Entity Developer 2.00
- Supported Entity Framework
- Supported stored procedures and functions for LINQ to SQL
- Added naming rules for database objects
- Added Visual Studio integration
- Stability and performance improvements
- Validation schema improved
- Entity Framework Complex Type supported
- Entity Framework Storage Model editing supported
- Many-to-Many associations retrieving added
- Usability improvements
Requirements: .NET Framework
dotConnect Express for MySQL 5.20 Screenshot
dotConnect Express for MySQL 5.20 Keywords
Bookmark dotConnect Express for MySQL 5.20
dotConnect Express for MySQL 5.20 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- VS.Php for Visual Studio .Net 2003 18.104.22.16825
- VS.Php for Visual Studio .Net 22.214.171.12461
- dbQwikSync PRO 1.0
- Data Access Components for MySQL 5.20
- Microsoft Pre-release Software Visual Studio Code Name "Orcas" - March 2007 CTP
- MyDeveloper Tools for VS.NET 2.10
- SQLDirect .NET Data Provider 1.00 Beta
- MySQL for Outlook Express 126.96.36.199