dotConnect Express for Oracle 5.20
dotConnect Express for Oracle 5.20 Ranking & Summary
dotConnect Express for Oracle 5.20 description
dotConnect Express for Oracle 5.20 offers you a freecharge database connectivity solution built over ADO.NET architecture and a development framework with number of innovative technologies. It offers basic functionality for developing database-related applications and web sites. It introduces new approaches for designing applications and boosts productivity of database application development.
dotConnect for Oracle, formerly known as OraDirect .NET, is an enhanced data provider for Oracle that builds on ADO.NET technology to present a complete solution for developing Oracle-based database applications. As part of the Devart database application development framework, dotConnect for Oracle offers both high performance native connectivity to the Oracle database and a number of innovative development tools and technologies.
dotConnect for Oracle introduces new approaches for designing application architecture, boosts productivity, and leverages database application implementation.
dotConnect Express for Oracle supports Oracle servers 11g, 10g, 9i, 8i, 8.0 and 7.3, including Personal and Express editions.
dotConnect Express for Oracle supports x86 and x64 versions of the following Oracle clients: 11g, 10g, 9i, 8i and 8.0. 2.0, 3.0, 3.5. dotConnect Express for Oracle supports Mono version 2.0 and above.
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002, 2003, 2005, 2008
- Turbo Delphi for .NET Professional
- Turbo C# Professional
- Borland Developer Studio 2006
- Borland Developer Studio 2005
- Borland Delphi 8
- Borland C#Builder
- Wide Coverage of Oracle Features
By providing access to the most advanced database functionality, dotConnect for Oracle allows developers to harness the full capabilities of the Oracle server and optimize their database applications. dotConnect for Oracle stands out as the set of components with the widest support of Oracle functionality.
- Flexible Connectivity
dotConnect for Oracle offers two connection modes to the Oracle server: connection through the Oracle Call Interface and direct connection over TCP/IP. Applications written with dotConnect for Oracle are easy to deploy, do not require installation of Oracle Client Software, and tend to be faster than those that use other data connectivity solutions.
- Optimized Code
The goal of dotConnect for Oracle is to enable developers to write efficient and flexible database applications. The dotConnect for Oracle assemblies are implemented using optimized code and advanced data access algorithms. Components undergo comprehensive performance tests and are designed to help you write thin and efficient product data access layers.
- Comprehensive Support for ADO.NET Technology Features
dotConnect for Oracle supports new ADO.NET features and technologies as soon as they are released. This includes base-class-based provider model, provider factories, connection string builder, metadata schemas, asynchronous commands, pooling enhancements, batch update support, provider-specific types, server enumeration, database change notification support and so on. dotConnect for Oracle will continue supporting the newest standards and innovations of the .NET Framework.
- Database Application Development Extensions
dotConnect for Oracle has rich set of design time tools that leverage the development process greatly. Particularly, there are convenient design time component editors, wizards and managers for typed Oracle-specific components, toolset for live data binding and much more. dotConnect for Oracle integrates tightly with Visual Studio 2005/2008, Delphi, and SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence Solutions. Last, but not least, there is OraDeveloper Tools to design your database schema and manipulate table data - all within your favorite IDE.
- Oracle Advanced Features Support
dotConnect for Oracle has extra components designed to simplify some tasks and support Oracle-specific technologies. Particularly, OracleScript serves to execute series of SQL statements, OracleLoader serves to load external data into Oracle databases with use of Direct Path API, OracleAlerter and OraclePipe transfer messages and data between connections or client applications, and so on. dotConnect for Oracle includes set of classes designed to work with Oracle Advanced Queuing technology.
- ADO.NET Entity Framework Support
- ADO.NET Entity Framework is a conceptual approach to database application development with focus on objects instead of relational data. The flexible architecture of Entity Framework is made up of well-thought layers and modules. Entity Framework optimizes the development process with object-relational mapping, SQL-based entity query language, and LINQ.
- dotConnect for Oracle fully supports the Entity Framework capabilities, which allows you to base your object-oriented applications on Oracle. dotConnect for Oracle includes a set of demos to use as a starting point. All standard Entity Framework samples can be easily ported to dotConnect for Oracle. See our Entity Framework tutorial for a quick start with the technology.
- LINQ Support
dotConnect for Oracle includes support for LINQ to Oracle technology. The technology allows you to employ object-oriented database application development with less efforts and in less time. Compared to ADO.NET Entity Framework, LINQ to Oracle is better suited for RAD-style development, is easier to start with, and somewhat richer with server-oriented features like server-specific types. See our LINQ to Oracle tutorial for a quick start with the technology.
- Both Connected and Disconnected Models
dotConnect for Oracle combines connected and disconnected data access models in single OracleDataTable component, which allows you to design more flexible application architecture and use full power of data binding.
- .NET Framework support
- ADO.NET core classes
- Native data types classes and structures
- LINQ to Oracle
- Supported extended errors processing
- Supported DataLoadOptions class and Include method for tuning data loading
- Supported DeferredLoadingEnable functionality
- Supported function import
- Supported stored procedures as insert/update/delete behavior
- Supported user-defined functions in selection part of a query
- Supported CreateDatabase() and DeleteDatabase() methods
- Supported SqlMethods class
- Supported returning new Dictionary from query
- Removed redundant TRIM() function calls
- Entity Developer 2.00
- Supported Entity Framework
- Supported stored procedures and functions for LINQ to SQL
- Added naming rules for database objects
- Added Visual Studio integration
- Validation schema improved
- Entity Framework Complex Type supported
- Entity Framework Storage Model editing supported
- Many-to-Many associations retrieving added
- Usability improvements
- Stability and performance improvements
Requirements: .NET Framework
dotConnect Express for Oracle 5.20 Screenshot
dotConnect Express for Oracle 5.20 Keywords
Bookmark dotConnect Express for Oracle 5.20
dotConnect Express for Oracle 5.20 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.