EMCO Remote Desktop Professional 4.2.1
EMCO Remote Desktop Professional 4.2.1 Ranking & Summary
EMCO Remote Desktop Professional 4.2.1 description
EMCO Remote Desktop Professional 4.2.1 is a powerful but easy-to-use remote desktop management solution for professionals, education, and business in a wired and wireless Microsoft network. It reduces administration costs and enhances productivity all from a central location. Software and hardware information is gathered from remote computers. Remote Desktop Professional can scan your remote clients for useful information such as service pack or installed applications.
- Remote Control of Desktops Across the Network
- Real-Time Access to Remote Desktops: It is possible to connect to any remote PC and take a control on it. In this case the remote desktop is displayed by the application and all mouse movements and keyboards signals are transferred to the remote PC in a real time to manage it.
- Multiple Connections to the Remote Desktop: Even if remote PC is used by a local user, remote connection to share a desktop can be established without terminating session of a logged on user.
- Multiple Remote Access Sessions: To control multiple remote PCs a few remote access sessions can be established simultaneously. Sessions can be switched easily to define the one, which is active at the current moment.
- Full-Screen Mode: In the full-screen mode the remote desktop view is expanded the whole screen and fully emulates usage of the local desktop.
- Manage Keyboard and Mouse Input: Keyboard and mouse input on remote desktop can be disabled to allow only remote control. It's also possible to disable remote input or enable both local and remote keyboard and mouse simultaneously.
- Capture Screenshot from Remote Desktop: A current screen on the remote desktop can be captured by one mouse click and saved as image file or sent for printing.
- Record Remote Screencast: An activity of the local or remote user on remote desktop can be recorded as a screencast and saved to AVI file.
- Remote Shutdown: Remote desktop connection includes options to make shutdown, reboot, power off, lock/unlock and logoff of the remote PC.
- Text Chat: Text chat allows sending immediate messages to remote desktop and getting replies. It helps to assist or communicate with a person who operates on a remote computer.
- Remote Task Management and Performance Monitoring
- Applications Management: Management of applications on remote PC looks similarly to the management of local applications through Windows Task Manager. A list of running applications is displayed on the screen. It is possible to end selected application or start new one
- Process Management: A list of launched processes is displayed for each remote PC. This list includes the same parameters as displayed by Windows Task Manager: process name, process ID, CPU usage, CPU time, memory usage. If required, selected process can be terminated or its priority can be changed remotely.
- Performance Monitoring: Various performance metrics are collected from remote desktops to show overall CPU and memory usage, CPU and memory usage graphs, number or launched processes, threads and file handles, physical and kernel memory statistics.
- Remote Access Settings
- Color Depth: Remote screen transfer can be customized to transmit screen with 8, 16 or 32-bit color depth. Using lower color depth helps to increase transfer especially in slow networks.
- Screen Resolution: By default remote screen is transferred in original resolution. If required, this resolution can be changed to fit the screen and reduce network workload. Resolution can vary from 640x480 to 1600x1200.
- Screen Refresh: To guarantee high performance even in slow networks screen refresh options are used. These options include screen refresh rate and refresh algorithm suitable for each particular case.
- Data Stream Encoding: All transferred data, including remote screens, commands, mouse and keyboard inputs are encrypted using either RRE or custom secure algorithm to prevent unauthorized data access.
- Alternative Credentials: Management of remote desktop requires administrative access to the desktop. In complicated networks structures consists of multiple domains PCs can be configured to have different administrative credentials. To access such network structures administrative credentials can be defined separately for each workgroup, domain or even a particular PC.
- Protected Access to Remote Desktops: Access to remote PCs is provided through the special service automatically installed on remote desktops. To prevent unauthorized usage of this service, it can be configured to request a password at connection or allow connection only for members of particular group of users.
- Remote PC Inventory
- Customizable Data Set Extracted from Remote PCs: Asset information extracted from remote PCs is configurable. It's possible to turn on/off a detection of every particular asset.
- Updatable Asset Information: All asset information collected from remote PCs can be updated manually. Additional custom information, such as asset inventory label can be added if required.
- Inventory Data Protection: Any asset parameter can be preserved from unwanted changes if it's marked manually as read only. In this case it stays untouched during repeatable inventory scans.
- PC Locking: The entire inventory information from particular PC can be marked as read only if PC is locked.
- Inventory Report: Detailed inventory report can be generated for each PC and includes all available assets information. Generated report can be saved in PDF, RTF, HTML, Text, JPEG formats.
- Inventory Information Collected from Remote PCs
- Operating System: OS Name, Type, Build Number, Service Pack, Installation Date.
- Motherboard: Motherboard Specification.
- Memory: Total Memory Installed, Available Memory.
- Video System: Monitor Specification, Video Card Specification.
- Modems:Modem Specification.
- Network: IP Address, MAC Address.
- System Information: Machine Name, Domain/Workgroup, BIOS Serial Number, Current Users, Local Time
- Improved support of Windows 2008 platform
- Improved error messages when chat, performance monitoring and other features can't be used because of insufficient permissions
- Improved connect/disconnect sounds
- Mimimum Hardware
- 1 GHz Intel Pentium processor or equivalent
- 512MB of RAM
- 250MB of free disk space
- Recommended Hardware
- 2 GHz Intel Pentium processor or equivalent
- 1GB of RAM
- 500MB of free disk space
- Supported Platforms
- Windows NT4 (with SP6a and IE6+)
- Windows 2000 (with SP4 or later)
- Windows XP, Windows XP x64
- Windows 2003
- Windows 2003 x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Windows 2008
- Windows 2008 x64
- Administrative rights on the local computer
- Local or Domain administrator rights on remote computers
- Ability to ping remote computers within 1500 ms
- Ability to access ADMIN$ share on remote computers
EMCO Remote Desktop Professional 4.2.1 Screenshot
EMCO Remote Desktop Professional 4.2.1 Keywords
Bookmark EMCO Remote Desktop Professional 4.2.1
EMCO Remote Desktop Professional 4.2.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.