EMCO Remote Shutdown 2.3.2
EMCO Remote Shutdown 2.3.2 Ranking & Summary
EMCO Remote Shutdown 2.3.2 description
EMCO Remote Shutdown 2.3.2 offers an effective tool which helps you to execute reboot, power off and wake up and other management operations on network PCs. You can control the state of particular PC or group of PCs directly from your work place and execute required operation by just one mouse click. Advanced scheduler allows you to organize automatic management and execute required operations in defined time periods.
EMCO Remote Shutdown is intuitive and really easy to use. In order to change the state of one or group of PCs you have to follow just 3 steps. First step - define the operation you need to execute. You can choose reboot, power off or other operation from the list. Second step - choose PCs where operation will be executed. Third step - press a button for immediate operation execution or put it to schedule for automatic execution in defined date and time.
Why EMCO Remote Shutdown?
- As you may know starting from Windows NT4 shutdown utility is a part of Windows distribution. Using this utility you can reboot or shutdown remote computers. If so, why should you use EMCO Remote Shutdown?
- Standard approach has a set of limitations. In particular, you can use limited set of operations: Shutdown and Reboot only. But EMCO Remote Shutdown allows you to install secure remote Agent to remote PCs and benefit from using extended operations set. Installation process is automatic and straightforward and doesn't require any efforts from your side. When Agent is installed, you can use following operations:
- Log Off that force exit for current logged user
- Power Off that makes shutdown and physically power off the PC
- Lock and Unlock keyboard and mouse
- Launch any custom command before executing of remote operation
EMCO Remote Shutdown - Advantages and Benefits
- Make One-Click Management of all PCs in the Network
- EMCO Remote Shutdown is a network product that was specially designed to manage PCs remotely from the central location. Using it you can centrally manage particular PC, groups of PCs or even all computers in you local network to execute shutdown, reboot, power on and other operations. Unlike other tools on the market, EMCO Remote Shutdown is optimized to manage multiple or even numerous computers, so you can make single click operations with a group of computers with no need to setup or manage them separately.
- Automate PCs Turning On and Off According with a Schedule
- You can completely free yourself from all routine network PCs management tasks, such as, for example, PCs shutdown at evening and turning them on at morning. EMCO Remote Shutdown can execute automatically all remote tasks that should be performed on a regular basis. You only need to select required operation, list of PCs where it will be launched and schedule execution using flexible scheduling options. You can configure as many schedules, as you need to fully automate PC management in your company or organization.
- Manage PCs Remotely with no Use of Expensive Hardware
- With EMCO Remote Shutdown you don't need to spend thousands dollars to equip every PC by expensive remote power switches and control hardware. All remote actions can be performed and controlled from the central management console that can be installed on any PC. Using EMCO Remote Shutdown you can manage remote PCs located in Windows domains and workgroups. There are no specific requirements for remote PCs and you don't need to manually configure every PC - you only need to have an administrative access to manage them remotely.
- Reduce Electric Energy Demand and Help to Save the Planet
- In spite of hardware vendors' efforts to reduce power consumption, our PCs are still energy-intensive devices and we need to turn them off to prevent energy wasting. Large companies and organizations loose thousands dollars each year by paying for the work of idling PCs. Applying an effective power management system, such as EMCO Remote Shutdown, can help you not only to cut your power bills and prolong a life of the hardware, but also contribute to save a natural resources of our Planet and help to make it greener.
- Save Costs to Launch Remote Management System
- With the average price $1 per managed PC and no additional maintenance expenses EMCO Remote Shutdown can pay for itself within a couple of months and guarantees the lowest total cost of ownership. You can compare application features and the price with solutions from other vendors that that charge $25 or more per managed PC and require manual work for application deployment and setup on every PC with no ability of the centralized management.
- Remote Task Set
- Shutdown task: Execute system shutdown on one or multiple PCs in the local network. You can configure shutdown timeout, message that will be displayed on remote PCs and option to force close all launched applications.
- Reboot task : Make reboot of one or multiple PCs in the local network. You can configure shutdown timeout, message that will be displayed on remote PCs and option to force closeall launched applications.
- Log Off task: Force log off on one or multiple PCs in the local network. You can configure shutdown timeout, message that will be displayed on remote PCs and option to force close all launched applications.
- Wake on LAN task: Wake up one or multiple PCs in the local network by sending magic packet over the local network. To use this feature Wake on LAN must be enabled in the Power Management section of the motherboard's BIOS.
- Lock/Unlock input devices task: Perform locking and unlocking keyboard and mouse on one or multiple PCs in the local network.
- Abort task : Terminate execution of shutdown, reboot and log off tasks. These tasks can be terminated during timeout period when execution was started, but not finished yet.
- Tasks Configuration and Execution Options
- Simple task creation approach: New tasks creation takes just few seconds. You just need to select a required operation from the list, define machines where it will be executed and configure execution options.
- Immediate task execution: After creation and proper configuring task can be launched for immediate execution on remote PCs by just one button click.
- Task scheduling: If task requires recurring execution in defined date/time, it can be putted to the schedule.
- Advanced mode: Using remote service installed on remote PCs allows executing specific tasks: Log Off, Lock/Unlock input devices and Wake on LAN. It also allows executing Shutdown and Reboot tasks with additional options, such as launching command before task execution. :
- Automatic remote service's installation: To enable advanced mode remote service can be automatically installed on selected one or multiple remote PCs. You can configure credentials and authentication for service, used port and option to open Windows Firewall.
- Launch command before task execution: Additional command can be executed on remote PC before planned task execution if task is launched in advanced mode. To execute command you can configure command line and additional options: credentials for launching, window mode, priority and wait condition.
- E-Mail notifications: If configured in scope of task, notifications can be sent by e-mail upon successful or unsuccessful task execution and provide execution details.
- Schedule Options
- Execute once: Task will be executed only once. Configuration parameters: day and time
- Execute weekly: Task will be executed according with defined weekly schedule. Configuration parameters: day of week when execute, schedule start day and time, optional schedule end date. Start time defines a time when task will be executed.
- Execute monthly: Task will be executed according with defined monthly schedule. Configuration parameters: day of month when execute, schedule start day and time, optional schedule end date. Start time defines a time when task will be executed.
- Repeat by hour: Task will be executed by hour schedule. Configuration parameters: number of hours to repeat the schedule, schedule start day and time, optional schedule end date.
- Repeat by minute: Task will be executed by minute schedule. Configuration parameters: number of minutes to repeat the schedule, schedule start day and time, optional schedule end date.
- Network Environment
- Domain and Workgroup support: Application can operate both in domain and workgroup. There are no any special requirements for environment.
- Machine Tree: Machine Tree displays list of remote PCs from available domains and workgroups and used for configuring machine queue where remote tasks should be executed. Machine Tree clearly shows the state of each PC: connected to network, unavailable/disconnected, etc.
- Scan network to fill the Machine Tree: Local network can be automatically scanned to detect domains and workgroups and list available PCs. Scan results added to the Machine Tree.
- Add single computer to the Machine Tree
- Single computer can be added to the Machine Tree by specifying its name or IP address.
- Add computers to the Machine Tree by IP range: Multiple computers can be added to the Machine Tree by specifying diapason of IP addresses.
- Add computers group to the Machine Tree: If computers in the network have regular names, consists of name prefix or suffix and sequential numbers, they can be added to the Machine Tree. You need to specify values used to generate computer names.
- Update remote PCs state: Remote PCs state in the Machine Tree can be updated using following options: update state for selected PCs unconditionally or update state if PC was scanned earlier than defined date. During the update remote inventorying is performed and new PC state is displayed.
- Detect new PCs appeared in the network: New PCs appeared in the local network since the last network scan can be automatically detected and added to the Machine Tree.
- Show remote service on remote PCs: Those PCs, where remote service is installed, are highlighted in the Machine Tree to show where advanced remote tasks can be executed.
- Remote PC Inventory
- Collect basic OS information: Following information is retrieved from remote PCs: OS version, type and build number, service pack, product ID, installation date, current user, IP and MAC address.
- Collect hardware information: Following information is retrieved from remote PCs: processor, memory, computer product info and computer serial.
- Collect list of installed applications
- Information about installed applications is retrieved from remote PCs. Collected applications list is identical to the list displayed by Add/Remove Programs.
- Machine tree filtering: Information collected from remote PCs can be used for filtering set of PCs displayed by Machine Tree. You can define conditions to display in Machine Tree only those PCs, which fulfill these conditions. For example, display servers only.
- Custom file scan criteria: Existence of particular application on remote PC can be detected by presence of particular file. Scan criteria includes file path and optional file version. If defined criteria are fulfilled on some PC, correspondent application is added to the list of installed application on this PC.
- Custom registry scan criteria: Existence of particular application on remote PC can be detected by presence of particular registry key. Scan criteria includes registry key and value. If defined criteria are fulfilled on some PC, correspondent application is added to the list of installed application on this PC.
- Custom service scan criteria: Existence of particular application on remote PC can be detected by presence of p articular service. Scan criteria includes service name and optional service state. If defined criteria are fulfilled on some PC, correspondent application is added to the list of installed application on this PC.
- Import, export and initialization of custom scan criteria: Custom scan criteria can be exported to or imported from a file. Application settings allow loading custom scan criteria from a file at startup.
- Inventory options: Inventory operations can be configured to enable/disable collecting basic information from remote PCs: OS, hardware and list of installed applications. It's also possible to enable/disable using custom scan criteria to detect installed application and extracting additional PC information using WMI.
Enhancements: Version 2.3.2 includes an ability to put application into the System Tray and set of bugfixes.
- Intel Pentium or equivalent 1 GHZ processor
- 512MB of RAM
- 150MB of free disk space.
EMCO Remote Shutdown 2.3.2 Screenshot
EMCO Remote Shutdown 2.3.2 Keywords
Bookmark EMCO Remote Shutdown 2.3.2
EMCO Remote Shutdown 2.3.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- EMCO Remote ShutDown 3.0
- EMCO Remote Shutdown 3.0
- Emco Remote Shutdown Professional 2.3.2
- EMCO Remote Shutdown 2.3.1
- EMCO Remote Shutdown 2.3.0
- EMCO Remote Shutdown 2.3.0
- EMCO Remote Shutdown 2.2.0
- EMCO Remote Shutdown Professional 2.1.1
- EMCO Remote Shutdown Professional 2.1.1
- EMCO Remote Shutdown Lite 2.0
- EMCO Remote Shutdown 2.0
- EMCO Remote Shutdown 1.4
- EMCO Remote Shutdown Lite 1.3.15
- EMCO Remote Shutdown Professional 184.108.40.206
- EMCO Remote Shutdown Professional 1.0