EMS SQL Manager for DB2 1.2
EMS SQL Manager for DB2 1.2 Ranking & Summary
EMS SQL Manager for DB2 1.2 description
EMS SQL Manager for DB2 1.2 offers an effective tool which is for DB2 Database Server administration and development. SQL Manager for DB2 works with DB2 versions 8.1 and 8.2 and supports all DB2 objects and data types. It offers plenty of powerful tools for experienced users such as Visual Database Designer, Visual Query Builder, and powerful BLOB editor to satisfy all their needs.
SQL Manager 2007 for DB2 has a state-of-the-art graphical user interface with a well-described wizard system, so clear in use that even a newbie will not be confused with it.
- New state-of-the-art graphical user interface
- Office 11 and Windows XP visual schemes support
- Well-described Wizard System
- User-friendly Database Explorer for easy management of all DB2 objects
- Windows Toolbar to switch between windows easily, like in Windows Task Bar
- Navigation bars and hot keys in most of the windows
- Ability to save all program settings
- Customizable toolbars for all program windows
- Fully customizable program interface
- Powerful visual options module
- Localizable program interface
- Easy management of all DB2 objects (including create / edit / drop operations)
- Managing database schemas
- Managing tables and all their subobjects: fields, primary, unique and foreign keys, indexes, triggers, and check constraints
- Managing views and all their subobjects: fields and triggers
- Managing materialized query tables
- Managing procedures, functions, sequences and packages
- Managing user-defined types and structure types
- Managing nicknames and aliases
- Managing users, groups and user mappings
- Managing tablespaces, buffer pools and partition groups
- Managing packages
- Managing global variables
- Managing event monitors
- Managing servers and wrappers
- Duplicating database objects
- Viewing dependencies between database objects
- Rapid database management and navigation
- Multiple database connections
- Registering selected databases to work with
- Projects to work with the selected database objects only
- Multiple user-defined tabs for any tree object to access it in one-click
- Working with multiple selected objects at a time
- Grouping / Ungrouping registered databases by node name
- Advanced data manipulation tools
- Unicode support
- Powerful BLOB viewer/editor with several types of viewing BLOB data: simple text, RTF text, sequence of hexadecimal values, image, HTML page, XML document
- Exporting data to SQL script as INSERT statement
- Plenty of useful tools such as data grouping, fast search and filtering
- Multi-level master-detail view to work with several linked tables at the same time
- Table and card views to see data the way you like
- Ability to copy and paste selected records
- Ability to continue working with SQL Manager while data are being fetched from the DB2 server
- A fetching process taking too long to execute can be aborted
- Effective security management
- Grant manager displaying all database object grants in the form of a grid
- Easy management of database users, groups and user mappings
- Support of LBAC (Label Based Access Control)
- Possibility to work with private contexts, security policies, audit policies and roles
- Excellent visual and text tools for query building
- Multiple SQL Editors of the Visual Studio 2005 kind with Code Folding, UNICODE support, code completion, syntax highlight and other useful features
- Visual query builder allows you to build complicated queries without any knowledge of SQL syntax
- Large script execution (SQL script editor) with UNICODE support
- Ability to view query plan as diagram
- SQL Formatter (available from SQL Editor context menu)
- Favorite Queries (save and use your frequently used queries easily)
- Ability to continue working with SQL Manager while a query is being executed in SQL Editor or Query Builder
- A query taking too long to execute in SQL Editor or Query Builder can be aborted
- Impressive data export and import capabilities
- Exporting data to most popular formats: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, HTML, PDF, TXT, CSV, DBF, XML, ODF, etc.
- Importing data from MS Excel, MS Access, DBF, XML, ODF, TXT and CSV
- Background mode execution makes it possible to continue working with SQL Manager while an import or export process is being performed
- Report designer with a clear in use report construction wizard
- Managing reports the same way as if they were database objects: accessing reports directly through DB Explorer tree
- Create Report Wizard allows you to create simple reports in a few clicks
- Easy-to-use wizards for running DB2 services
- Backing up and restoring database
- Rollforward of database
- Stopping, starting database manager
- Restarting database
- Quiescing and unquiescing database
- Reorganizing database tables and indexes
- Running database statistics
- Support of DB2 server tools: IMPORT, EXPORT, MOVE, LOAD
- Background mode execution makes it possible to continue working with SQL Manager while any of DB2 services is being performed
- Most of DB2 server versions support
- Support of DB2 server versions from 8.1 to 9.5
- Support of most DB2 server platforms (LUW, z/OS, etc.)
- Powerful Visual Database Designer
- Two diagram notations (IDEF1x and IE)
- Useful diagram navigation tool
- Reverse engineering
- Several pages in one diagram to divide the diagram into different subject areas
- Ability to create/edit/drop database objects, visually set links between them
- Virtual objects such as comments and virtual relationship
- Saving as image or printing database diagram
- A lot of visual personalization options
- Other useful tools to make your work with DB2 server as easy as it can be
- Extracting metadata into text files or SQL Script Editor
- Powerful print metadata module to create customizable metadata reports
- Report designer for building powerful reports visually
- SQL Monitor
- HTML Report wizard to create a detailed HTML report of your database quickly
- Dependency tree tool allows to view dependencies between database objects
- Active database connections Monitor
- Other useful features
- Keyboard templates
- External Tools editor
- To-do list
- Wrappers. The possibility to add/edit/delete wrapper options is implemented.
- The Print metadata procedure is fixed for the following objects: aliases, buffer pools, partition groups, event monitors, MQ tables, nicknames, sequences, distinct types, structured types, wrappers, groups, schemas, servers, user mappings.
- Databases located at the nodes using a port different from 50000 used to be displayed improperly in the DB Explorer. Fixed now.
- Added a number of new data manipulation services:
- Data export into files,
- Data import into database tables,
- Data load from files into database tables,
- Data move between different databases.
- The default number of records to be loaded into data frame after registering a new database is changed from 1 to 1000.
- Added a new database option – Login Timeout, which allows you to restrict the time of user logging in to the server.
- Added the Application Monitor which displays the current connections to a database.
- New table space options are now available when creating a database (for DB2 version 9.5):
- Automatic resize,
- Maximum size,
- Increase size,
- File system caching.
- Database tables partitioning is supported now (this option is located at different tabs in 8.x and 9.x DB2 versions).
- Databases deleted in other programs were displayed incorrectly when starting SQL Manager for DB2. Fixed now.
- A number of new options for table indices are implemented (for DB2 versions 8.x and 9.x).
- Automatic capitalization of object names is now available: the Capitalize names option is added.
- Added the possibility to change field parameters for created databases. You can now change the field type (only for compatible types) and size (only increment) and set or reset the Not Null option.
- Units of measurement can be defined for any BLOB type when setting its field size.
- Fields of the GRAPHIC, VARGRAPHIC and LONG VARGRAPHIC types used to be displayed improperly in the data frame. Fixed.
- The new XML Editor tab is added into the BLOB editor.
- The support of new objects Security label component, Security policy and Security label are added in the Print data, HTML Report and dependency tree tools. The Label based access control (LBAC) is implemented on the basis of these objects.
- A lot of other small improvements and bugfixes.
- 300-megahertz (MHz) or higher Pentium II-compatible processor; 600-MHz or faster processor recommended
- Microsoft Windows NT4 with SP4 or later, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 2003 Server, Microsoft Windows Vista
- 64 MB of RAM or more; 128 MB or more recommended
- 50MB of available HD space for program installation
- Super VGA (800x600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor; Super VGA (1024x768) or higher-resolution recommended
- Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
- DB2 Run-Time/Administrative Client 8.0 or higher
- DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows
EMS SQL Manager for DB2 1.2 Screenshot
EMS SQL Manager for DB2 1.2 Keywords
Bookmark EMS SQL Manager for DB2 1.2
EMS SQL Manager for DB2 1.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Data Exchange Manager Free 1.6.16
- Data Exchange Manager Professional 1.6.15
- EMS SQL Manager 2008 Lite for SQL Server 188.8.131.52
- MS Word Export To Multiple HTML Files Software 7.0
- EMS SQL Manager for SQL Server Freeware 3.2
- NativeWinds Database Manager 1.1.5
- EMS SQL Manager 2008 Lite for InterBase/Firebird 5.0
- SiteMech Database Manager 1.1.2