FmPro Migrator 4.45
FmPro Migrator 4.45 Ranking & Summary
FmPro Migrator 4.45 description
FmPro Migrator Developer Edition includes all of the features of FmPro Migrator, but also converts FileMaker Layouts and ScriptMaker scripts into Revolution stacks, XML and HTML files. The Table Consolidation feature performs the automated copying of Tables/Fields, Table Occurrences, Relationships, ScriptMaker scripts and Layouts between FileMaker 8, 8.5, 9 and 10 database files on MacOS X and Windows. FmPro Migrator also incorporates unique Microsoft Access to FileMaker 7/8/9/10 , Bento to FileMaker and Microsoft SQL Server to FileMaker 7/8/9/10 migration features.
FmPro Migrator Developer Edition and FileMaker Pro Advanced are both required for Table Consolidation Projects. FileMaker Pro Advanced is recommended whenever converting Bento, Access or SQL Server to FileMaker Pro in order to enable the pasting of Table XML code via the ClipBoard. FmPro Migrator Developer Edition is required for converting FileMaker Pro Layouts to Revolution or Exporting Layouts to XML files.
- Table Consolidation Projects
- Consolidating a multi-file solution into a single file enables developers to take advantage of improved performance and the new robust security model implemented within FileMaker Pro 7/8/9/10. Single-file solutions can also be easier to backup/move between computers and even send to users via an email attachment. FmPro Migrator Developer Edition implements automated batch capture and creation features using QuicKeys(Mac OS X)/WinAutomation(Windows) for Tables/Fields, Table Occurrences, Relationships, Value Lists, Custom Functions, Layouts and ScriptMaker™ Scripts using FileMaker Pro Advanced 8, 8.5, 9 and 10.
- During the migration process, Table Occurrences and file references are automatically remapped into the new database structure without manual intervention on the part of the developer. TOs are remapped throughout every object of every Layout, Script and Relationship within the new migrated database file.
- The 2-pass dependency resolution feature makes 2 automated passes through the Layout creation process in order to resolve dependencies between scripts and layouts. During pass #1 of the layout creation process the layouts are created in the normal manner. ScriptMaker scripts are then pasted into the new database, thus resolving dependencies between scripts and layouts. Then during the 2nd pass through the layout creation process, the contents of each layout are deleted and pasted again, resolving dependencies between layout objects and ScriptMaker scripts.
- The Layout text search and replace feature enables developers to quickly repurpose Layouts between database solutions, by changing specified text strings within dozens of Layouts at once. This intelligent search mechanism is implemented to insure that text is changed only within Layout text objects, thus preventing the accidental replacement of text within TOs or field names.
- FmPro Migrator Developer Edition creates both static and dynamic Value Lists, with the custom values filled in for static Value Lists. Dynamic Value Lists are created as placeholders for further manual customization by the developer. Static Value List items and Custom Function code can also be edited within FmPro Migrator Developer Edition after being imported from the FileMaker DDR XML file.
- Bento to FileMaker Pro
- FmPro Migrator gathers schema info, relationships, data and forms directly from any Bento Backup .bentodb file - on Mac OS X or Windows. Bento tables are created in FileMaker Pro by copying/pasting the table definitions from FmPro Migrator into FileMaker Pro Advanced. Bento tables can also be created via an ODBC connection to FileMaker Pro, but pasting the tables via the clipboard has the advantage of automatically creating Auto Enter SN#/Next Value parameters from the original Bento tables.
- Bento forms are instantly converted into Layouts which can be pasted directly into FileMaker Pro/Advanced. Each newly created FileMaker Pro layout includes the fields, field labels, highlighting, header title graphic, colors and background pattern similar to the original Bento form. Related records containing URLs, Emails, IM and related Library info are displayed within FileMaker portals on the new layout.
- Access & SQL Server to FileMaker Pro
- Using FmPro Migrator, Access databases can be migrated to FileMaker 7+ in order to take advantage of FileMaker Pro's legendary ease of use and increased data management capacity. Migrated Access databases can now grow to the maximum 8TB file size offered by FileMaker 7+ and can be run on MacOS X and Windows.
- FmPro Migrator makes a direct ODBC connection to SQL Server databases to automate the mapping of SQL Server columns to FileMaker Pro fields, perform column name to field name conversions and create the tables in the FileMaker database. When using FileMaker Advanced, FmPro Migrator can put the table definition XML code onto the clipboard for easy pasting directly into FileMaker Advanced. On MacOS X, FmPro Migrator utilizes the Actual ODBC Driver for SQL Server from Actual Technologies to make a direct connection to SQL Server and Access databases (purchased separately).
- FileMaker Pro to SQL Databases
- FmPro Migrator documents and migrates FileMaker Pro database structure and data to MySQL, Oracle, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, OpenBase, PostgreSQL, FrontBase and SQLite. FmPro Migrator interactively reads metadata from FileMaker Pro databases, gets Fieldsize info for each field, creates the table in the SQL database and transfers data (including images and repeating fields) between the databases.
- Using the FileMaker Pro/FileMaker Server 9/10 External SQL Sources feature, data can be stored within a MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server database but still be used within FileMaker Pro as if the data was stored locally. Thus achieving the reuse of existing FileMaker Pro layouts and business logic. FmPro Migrator facilitates ESS configurations by performing the initial SQL table creation and data transfer to the SQL database server. Critical tasks performed by FmPro Migrator include the automated sizing of SQL table columns based upon FileMaker Pro field contents and the transfer of repeating fields data into a new relational table structure.
- Repeating Fields Migration
- Many FileMaker Pro databases include non-relational data elements called repeating fields. These fields store multiple values within each field and are associated with the main database record by FileMaker Pro. Manually extracting these repeating fields into a relational database structure can be a time consuming and error-prone process. FmPro Migrator easily extracts FileMaker Pro repeating fields into a child database table in which the records are related to the parent table by the primary key. Each iteration of a FileMaker Pro repeating field is inserted as a new record within the repeating fields table as shown in the diagram below. Migrating repeating fields to a SQL database can be an essential step to setting up a FileMaker 9 ESS (External SQL Sources) configuration using MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle.
- FmPro Migrator also migrates repeating fields within FileMaker 7+ databases using auto-generated ScriptMaker data transformation scripts. This feature overcomes the lack of repeating fields support within new versions of the FileMaker Pro ODBC driver.
- Image Export
- FmPro Migrator directly transfers data via ODBC to facilitate the migration of large text fields and FileMaker Pro container field data. FmPro Migrator includes a container field export feature for exporting container field data into individual files on disk. Container field data is exported as JPEG data from FileMaker 5/6, and is exported in any one of the 22 supported container field data types for FileMaker 7+ versions, including: EMBO, EMF+, EPS, FILE, FPix, FORK, GIFf, JPEG, JP2, META, METO, moov, PDF, PICT, PNGf, PNTG, qtif.SGI, snd, TIFF, TPIC, XMLO, and 8BPS.
- Convert Layouts & ScriptMaker Scripts to Revolution
- FmPro Migrator Developer Edition facilitates the conversion of FileMaker Pro 7+ solutions into networkable, cross-platform, compiled applications having feature rich graphical interfaces. Revolution compiled stand-alone apps support a wide variety of database servers including FileMaker Server Advanced (ODBC), SQLite and Valentina (for embedded applications), and networked SQL databases including: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL and any other ODBC compatible database server.
- FmPro Migrator Developer Edition converts each FileMaker Pro Layout into a Revolution card, containing all of the fields, portals, text, images and buttons from the original layout. The converted layouts are placed into a new Revolution stack file having a Browse/Find status area, Calendar pop-up substack, utility handlers, converted handlers and stock graphics. Individual card objects are created within a scrollable geometry manager enabled group. The generated stack file provides a foundation for further development of a full featured database application utilizing the Revolution IDE.
- FmPro Migrator Developer Edition supports the conversion of the following FileMaker Pro layout objects:
- Rounded Rectangles
- Grouped Objects
- Each FileMaker Pro layout object is re-created as an equivalent Revolution card object, using the formatting and style attributes of the original object.
- Stylized FileMaker Pro layout text objects are converted into Revolution text labels, having the embedded text styles of the original object defined with the HTMLText property.
- The supported field display options include Check Box Set, Radio Button Set, Pop-Up Menu, Drop Down List and Calendar. Pop-Up menus and Calendar objects are created with embedded Revolution script code to automatically populate the underlying field.
- Convert Layouts to HTML
FmPro Migrator 4.45 Screenshot
FmPro Migrator 4.45 Keywords
Bookmark FmPro Migrator 4.45
FmPro Migrator 4.45 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.