Google SSL Web Search
Google SSL Web Search Ranking & Summary
Google SSL Web Search description
Google SSL Web Search 1.3 contains various effective and reliable strategies which enables you to add Google SSL Web Search and suggest as a search provider to Google Chrome 6.0.419.0 and later.
When you install the extension you're taken to the extension's options page where you add Google SSL Web Search and Suggest as search provider. When you click the button, a dialog will pop up to confirm the addition. In this dialog, you will have to specify a keyword for Google SSL Web Search, e.g. ssl.google.com.
To use Google SSL Web Search and Suggest as default search provider, right-click into the omnibox, choose "Edit Search Engines..." and make it your default. *Mac Users*: This extension does not work for you, since the Mac UI of Chrome for handling OSDD entries is not yet implemented... sorry folks.
- SSL encrypts the communication channel between Google and a searcher's computer. When search traffic is encrypted, it can't be read by third parties trying to access the connection between a searcher's computer and Google's servers. Note that the SSL protocol does have some limitations — more details are below.
- As another layer of privacy, SSL search turns off a browser's referrers . Web browsers typically turn off referrers when going from HTTPS to HTTP mode to provide extra privacy. By clicking on a search result that takes you to an HTTP site, you could disable any customizations that the website provides based on the referrer information.
- At this time, search over SSL is supported only on Google web search. Producers will continue to work to support other products like Images and Maps. All features that are not supported have been removed from the left panel and the row of links at the top. You'll continue to see integrated results like images and maps, and clicking those results will take you out of encrypted search mode.
- Your Google experience using SSL search might be slightly slower than you're used to because your computer needs to first establish a secure connection with Google.
- New OSDD entry since the SSL search URL changed
- Google Chrome version 6.0.419.0 or later.
Google SSL Web Search Screenshot
Google SSL Web Search Keywords
Bookmark Google SSL Web Search
Google SSL Web Search Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.