IPSec VPN Client 5.03.002
IPSec VPN Client 5.03.002 Ranking & Summary
IPSec VPN Client 5.03.002 description
IPSec VPN Client 5.03.002 is a professional, elegant and handy application which offers remote access, compliant with most popular VPN gateways and with network tools to deploy security in large and medium enterprises. Highly efficient and easy to configure, the IPSec VPN Client software also allows peer-to-peer VPN.
Your network is constantly evolving as you integrate more business applications and consolidate servers. In that environment, it’s therefore becoming extremely complex to maintain total security at the network's edge while employees, subcontractors either at home or at the office, are working with customers and partners. They need to have remote access to the company's applications and servers quickly, easily and securely.
- Tunneling Protocol
- Tunneling Protocol with full IKE support. Their IKE implementation is based on the OpenBSD 3.1 implementation (ISAKMPD), thus providing best compatibility with existing IPSec routers and gateways. Full IPSec support:
- Main mode and Aggressive mode
- MD5 and SHA hash algorithms
- IP Encapsulating Security
- IP Encapsulating Security: mode tunnel & transport. Multi-tunneling to several VPN Gateways. Allows 'IPSec only' trafic filtering, can block all other connections than the VPN connections. Accepts incoming IPSec Tunnels.
- Strong User Authentication
- Strong User Authentication provided by:
- PreShared keying
- USB Token and SmartCard
- X509 Certificates. Flexible Certificate format (PEM, PKCS12, ...) on various media (USB, smartcard, tokens)
- Hybrid mode is a specific authentication method used within IKE. Phase 1. This method assume an asymmetry between the authenticating entities.
- Keying group: Support of Diffie-Hellman Group1, 2, 5 and 14 (i.e. 1536 and 2048)
- Connection Mode
- All connections types such as Dial up, DSL, Cable, GSM/GPRS and WiFi are supported.Several connection modes:
- IPSec VPN Client to Gateway Mode
- allows remote users and business partners or subcontractors to securely connect to the corporate network, with strong authentication solution.
- Peer to Peer Mode
- can be used to securely connect branch office servers to the corporate information system.
- Redundant gateway
- can offer to remote users a highly reliable secure connection to the corporate network. Redundant gateway feature allows TheGreenBow IPSec VPN Client to open an IPSec tunnel with an redundant gateway in case the primary gateway is down or not responding.
- USB token and SmartCard
- USB token and SmartCard add another layer of security on top of IPSec:
- VPN configurations and security elements (certificates, preshared key,…) can be saved into an USB Stick in order to remove authentication information from the computer.
- TheGreenBow IPSec VPN Client can read Certificates from SmartCards to make full use of existing corporate ID card or employee cards that may carry Digital credentials.
- VPN Configuration protection
- The VPN Configuration is fully protected when it is stored locally on the work station or stored on a USB stick. All the Security Elements of a VPN tunnel (certificates, private key and the whole IPSec/IKE configuration) are encrypted.
- VPN Configuration Wizard
- The VPN configuration Wizard allows the creation of VPN configurations in three easy steps. It is designed for remote computers that need to get connected to a corporate LAN through a VPN gateway.
- The localization of the IPSec VPN Client is fully customisable, even by a third party.
- Windows versions
- All Windows versions supported: Windows 2000 (Workstation), WinXP 32-bit, Windows Server 2003 32-bit, Windows Server 2008 32/64-bit, Windows Vista 32/64-bit, Windows 7 32/64-bit
- NAT-Traversal support of Draft 1 (enhanced), Draft 2, Draft 3 and RFC 3947 (full implementation), IP address emulation, including:
- NAT_OA support (floating port for IKE exchange)
- NAT keepalive
- NAT-T in aggressive mode
- Forced NAT-T
- NAT-Traversal may be forced from the IPSec VPN Client. This functionnality is especially useful to solve issues with intermediate NAT boxes.
- Strong encryption
- Strong IPSec encryption provided by:
- DES, 3DES 192 bit
- AES 128, 192, 256 bit
- RSA 2048
- "Mode-Config" is an Internet Key Exchange (IKE) extension that enables the IPSec VPN gateway to provide LAN configuration to the remote user's machine (i.e. IPSec VPN Client). Once the tunnel is opened with "Mode Config", the end-user is able to address all servers on the remote network by using their network name (e.g. //myserver/marketing/budget) instead of their IP Address.
- IP Range
- IP Range is a new feature that enables TheGreenBow IPSec VPN Client to establish a tunnel only within a range of predefined IP addresses
- Multi vendor
- Multi vendor strategy allows them to support as many IPSec VPN Gateways and Routers on the market as possible to offer a true multi-vendor solution to enterprises. TheGreenBow has certified several IPSec VPN gateways like Bewan, Cisco, Linksys, Netgear, Netscreen, SonicWall, Symantec, Zyxel and Linux appliances that support StrongS/WAN or FreeS/WAN.
- Vista Credential Providers
- Vista Credential Providers (aka GINA on W2K/WXP) support to enable Windows logon via VPN tunnel or choose to logon on local machine.
- Flexible software deployment
- Flexible software deployment means software, configuration, policy and updates can be deployed whenever and wherever they are needed while maintaining low TCO for your organisation. TheGreenBow software provides the best combination of strong IPSec security and "lightweight" IPSec Clients that can be web-deployed to simplify IPSec based network-layer access. TheGreenBow IPSec VPN Client has a tiny software footprint without compromising any security features.
- Silent Install and Hidden Interface
- Silent install and invisible graphical interface allow IT managers to deploy solutions while preventing users from misusing configurations.
- Secured import and export functions
- To allow IT Managers to deploy VPN Configurations securely, import and export functions are available both through the GUI or through direct command line options. These import and export functions may be protected with a password in order to ensure the protection of the VPN Configuration diffusion.
- Operates as a Service
- Operates as a Service, allowing the use on unattended Servers.
- Improvement: Support of 3G modem Sony Ericsson MD300, Huawei E1756 and E1553.
- Improvement: Compliance release number of one of their partners.
- Bug fixing: Version of tgbgina.dll is not displayed in the 'About' window.
- Bug fixing: Alternate DNS & WINS are not working on 3G connection using 3G Huawei E1756 and E1553 on Windows 7 or XP.
- Bug fixing: Proxy configuration feature for software activation is not available following an activation timeout (i.e. activation server or network not available).
- Bug fixing: The option 'Start VPN Client after Windows logon' cannot be disabled on Windows 64-bit editions.
- Bug fixing: Link to more info on error 33 not working properly when Software Activation after evaluation period expiration.
- Bug fixing: Software un-installation might leave the 'IPSec VPN Client' un-install shortcut.
- Bug fixing: 'Activation Error 70, Can't activate software' due to various naming of the 'Application Data' folder mainly in Windows XP but not only.
- Bug fixing: Script before closing tunnel might not be executed, and DNS/WINS might not be restored properly in a complex scenario where alternate DNS/WINS have been configured (no Mode-Config), tunnels have been opened triggering some scripts, and the user is plugging in an USB drive containing another VPN Configuration.
- Bug fixing: Activation Wizard in '?' menu doesn't become disabled after software activation.
- Bug fixing: The VPN Configuration is not loaded from an USB Drive if already plugged in before the IPSec VPN Client software started.
- Bug fixing: Phase 2 Advanced option "Automatically open this tunnel when USB stick is inserted" might not work in some Windows configuration because USB drive not detected.
- Bug fixing: Importing VPN Configurations with Certificates in IPSec VPN Client 5.0 from a VPN Client 4.7 might prevent from opening a tunnel. The field ‘Name’ is not properly parsed.
- Bug fixing: Keyboard stroke 'Del' (Delete) is not supported in the new language translator editor.
- Bug fixing: Windows IP stack may crash when forcing high fragmentation of IP packets beyond 10 fragments. Now, max number of fragments supported.
- Bug fixing: In case the local IP address retrieved from an imported VPN Configuration does not exist the local machine, the field ‘Interface’ is not forced to ‘Any’.
- Windows 2000 (Workstation)
- Windows XP 32-bit
- Windows Server 2003 32-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32/64-bit
- Windows Vista 32/64-bit
- Windows 7 32/64-bit
IPSec VPN Client 5.03.002 Screenshot
IPSec VPN Client 5.03.002 Keywords
Bookmark IPSec VPN Client 5.03.002
IPSec VPN Client 5.03.002 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.