Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Release Candidate 0
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Release Candidate 0 Ranking & Summary
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Release Candidate 0 description
SQL Server 2008 provides a comprehensive data platform that is secure, reliable, manageable, and scalable for your mission critical applications. With it, developers can create new applications that can store and consume any type of data on any device, enabling your users to make informed decisions with relevant insights.
SQL Server 2008 RC0 is available in two downloadable formats: a DVD image file that you can use to burn your own DVD, and a self-extracting executable file you can download and install without a DVD burner.
For DVD image files:
Using your DVD-burning software, select the options to burn a DVD from an .ISO image. When you are prompted for a file to use, select the image file that you downloaded. After burning the DVD, locate and double-click Setup.exe on the DVD to begin the installation.
For self-extracting executable files:
Double-click the downloaded file. At the prompt, select a directory and click Next. When the self-extraction step is finished, locate and double-click Setup.exe in your selected directory to begin installation of SQL Server 2008 RC0
DVD image files:
X86 DVD Image
X64 DVD Image
IA64 DVD Image
SQL Server 2008 RC0 is available in Enterprise, Standard, Evaluation, and Express editions. Use the downloaded file to install SQL Server 2008 RC0, entering the corresponding product key to unlock the edition you want.
SQL Server 2008 Enterprise: A comprehensive data platform that meets the high demands of enterprise online transaction processing and data warehousing applications. Unlock SQL Server 2008 Enterprise with the following key: MQWT2-9MKBY-K8PXQ-6K4BW-TY4BD.
SQL Server 2008 Standard: Complete data management and business intelligence platform, providing best-in-class ease of use and manageability for running departmental applications. Unlock SQL Server 2008 Standard with the following key: XP4FP-3VTDK-37TWH-TW77J-9MFM3.
SQL Server 2008 Evaluation: Trial version to build and test any type of application. It includes all of the functionality of SQL Server 2008 Enterprise, but is licensed only for development, test, and demo use. (No product key is required to unlock. This is the default version).
SQL Server 2008 Express: Fully functional edition is ideal for learning and running desktop and small server database applications. SQL Server 2008 Express supports 1 CPU, 1 GB of RAM and databases that are up to 4GB in size. (No product key is required).
SQL Server Express is only available in the self-extracting format. Run the download file to copy the installation files to a pre-install directory. Double-clicking the executable files will automatically extract to Temp and setup will be started once extraction is complete. There is no need to locate and start setup.exe manually.
Express 2008 x86 Executable
Express 2008 x64 Executable
SQL Server 2008 Express Advanced: Fully functional entry level data management and reporting platform ideal for learning and building desktop and small server applications. (No product key is required). The download file format and starting the installation process are identical to SQL Express.
Express Advanced 2008 x86 Executable
Express Advanced 2008 x64 Executable
- For Visual Studio 2005, install Visual Studio 2005 Support for SQL Server 2008 RC0.
- For Visual Studio 2008, install Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 Beta.
- For Visual Studio 2008 with SQL Server 2008 RC0 Express, download and install Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition with SP1 Beta .
- SQL Server 2008 RC0 will automatically expire after 180 days.
SQL Server 2008 Books Online Release Candidate (RC0)
SQL Server 2008, the next release of Microsoft SQL Server, provides a comprehensive data platform. Books Online is the primary documentation for SQL Server 2008. Download a pre-release preview of Books Online for SQL Server 2008.
Books Online includes the following types of information:
- Setup and upgrade instructions.
- Information about new features and backward compatibility.
- Conceptual descriptions of the technologies and features in SQL Server 2008.
- Procedural topics describing how to use the various features in SQL Server 2008.
- Tutorials that guide you through common tasks.
- Reference documentation for the graphical tools, command prompt utilities, programming languages, and application programming interfaces (APIs) that are supported by SQL Server 2008.
- Descriptions of the sample databases and applications that are available with SQL Server 2008.
- NET Framework version 2.0
- Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 or later
- Windows Installer 4.5
Warning: Do not install this version of the SQL Server 2008 Books Online on a computer running the following:
- Any pre-release versions of Visual Studio 2005 or the .NET Framework 2.0.
- Any SQL Server 2005 Beta release.
- The SQL Server 2005 Community Technology Preview (CTP) June 2005 release.
- The SQL Server 2005 CTP September 2005 release.
Remove these versions from your system before installing this SQL Server 2008 Books Online CTP.
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition is the free, easy-to-use, lightweight version of SQL Server 2005.
SQL Server Express makes it easy to develop data-driven applications that are rich in capability, offer enhanced storage security, and are fast to deploy. SQL Server Express is free to redistribute and can be seamlessly upgraded to more sophisticated versions of SQL Server.
SQL Server 2005 Express Edition executable
- .NET Framework 2.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Release Candidate 0 Screenshot
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Release Candidate 0 Keywords
Bookmark Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Release Candidate 0
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Release Candidate 0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- EMS SQL Manager 2008 for SQL Server 18.104.22.168
- EMS SQL Manager 2008 Lite for SQL Server 22.214.171.124
- MY SQL Server to MSSQL Database Converterr 5.0.1
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Patch: Malformed RPC Req
- PROMODAG StoreLog 2.0
- Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 "DTS Password" Vulnerabil N/A
- Convert Microsoft SQL to MySQL 126.96.36.199
- Product Key Viewer for MS SQL Server 1.5