ReminderFox 1.7.8 Ranking & Summary
ReminderFox 1.7.8 description
ReminderFox is an extension for Firefox and Thunderbird that displays and manages lists of date-based reminders and ToDos.
ReminderFox does not seek to be a full-fledged calendar system. In fact, the target audience is anybody that simply wants to remember important dates (anniversaries, birthdays, etc) without having to run a fat calendar program.
- Firefox: 1.0 - 3.0.*
- New features:
- There is a new calendar popup button that can be added to the toolbar; this is nice for a one-click calendar if you just quickly need to see a date. The calendar is closed by clicking outside of the calendar, or selecting a date. Add this to your toolbar by right-clicking on a toolbar and selecting Customize... and then dragging the icon onto the desired location.
- There is a new ReminderFox preference to be able to have alarm popups re-sound the alarm sound every specified number of minutes. This allows you better ensure that youll notice an alarm, or make it so an alarm will be so annoying that youll eventually have to acknowledge it :)
- There is now an option to Disable context menus if you do not want the Add Reminder menu items to show for web pages and emails
- Added an End Date column in the Reminder List window. This allows you to sort by end date. This can be useful if using the end date as a "due date" for ToDos when you want to sort by most pressing issues) You can add this column by clicking the column picker icon to the right of the column headers and selecting the desired column.
- There is a new preference (found in the List Display tab) to set the size of the calendar (small, normal, large).
- The Add/Edit Reminder and Todo windows now display the date (using the date string in the preferences) which will show the day of the week to make it easier to quickly tell which day you have set an event date for.
- On the calendar widget, it now displays full tooltips when you hover over calendar dates (showing all available information, instead of just the description)
- There is a new variable for the status tooltips: [timeUntil] - this tells you the time remaining until the event occurs. Depending on how close the event is, it will use the shortest amount of time units, eg: "30 minutes", or "4 hours" or "1 day". Thanks to Kunal Singh for contributing this code.
- Added scrollbars to reminder tabs in the Reminder List window; this enables you to scroll through your tabs if you get too many to show in the window
- In the Reminders List, it now shows when next alarm is scheduled in the tooltip when you hover over the alarm icon (example: "Alarm set for Jun 1st, 4:15pm")
- Alarm popup now also shows the time until the actual event occurs, if the alarm occurs prior to the event. This value is updated whenever the alarm gets focus; so if you have it minimized and then open it, it will show you the correct time until the event occurs.
- On the alarm window, moved Description to the top of the window, to better match how it is displayed in the Reminder List events
- All alarms now display the calculated date and/or time for when the specified snooze will occur
- You can control how many characters are displayed on the status bar text that shows todays reminders. The maximum number of characters to display can be configured via about:config by editing the preference: extensions.reminderFox.statusTextMaxLength. (default: 40)
- Reminders now handle multiple comma-separated categories (Thanks to Günter Wahl)
- Resized icons on context menus to fit smaller 16x16 size; they were taking up more space than typical
- On new installs, the calendar widget now shows by default in the Reminder List window
- In Firefox, you can now open emails attached to reminders; this will open them in Thunderbird; if Thunderbird is closed, it will be started first. (Thanks to Günter Wahl)
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed bug 19605: Now properly sort Reminders by time in tooltips and in the Reminder List when sorting by date
- if you snoozed an alarm for a long time (like 28 days) it would pop up immediately
- alarms only show Missed if the schedule event time has already occurred, instead of just if the original alarm time had passed. (My mom started using ReminderFox - uh oh! - and she was getting scared when she saw Missed on her alarms thinking that she had missed her appointments)
- Fixed: alarms for repeating events would show wrong date (the original date of the reminder)
- Fixed bug 19203: Editing a todo from an alarm wasnt saving changes.
- Calendar now properly shows events that span months
- Fixed bug 19176: Cannot select June 1. 2008 from pop-up calendar.
- Thunderbird: when using the Send++ to attach a reminder when sending an Email, the reminder is now properly associated with the email and vice-versa. (non-IMAP accounts only; thanks to Günter Wahl)
ReminderFox 1.7.8 Screenshot
ReminderFox 1.7.8 Keywords
Bookmark ReminderFox 1.7.8
ReminderFox 1.7.8 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.