Remote Explorer 4.0
Remote Explorer 4.0 Ranking & Summary
Remote Explorer 4.0 description
Remote Explorer 4.0 is considered as a simple yet useful program with which you can explore the local computer, or a remote computer on the local network or over the internet, in the exact same way.
In order to be able to explore a computer you need to have the Remote Explorer application installed and running on it, and one port open for communication. This application is both - a client and a server, and it can work in parallel with several remote computers, and it can perform several operations, at the same time. If a remote computer connects to the local computer, you can explore it the same way, as if you connected to it.
- File System - similar to Windows Explorer. You can browse through the drives, folders, and files on the remote computer. Just like with Windows Explorer, you can copy, delete, and rename files and folders on the remote computer. You can, also, rename multiple files and folders at once, and you can use c# code for even more powerful way for editing the new names for the objects to rename. You can view the properties of selected files and folders, for which detailed information can be displayed for the number and size of the files and subfolders they contain. Unlike Windows Explorer, with Remote Explorer you can compare files and folders visually, and you have the option to synchronize them locally, remotely, or both (merge). Also, you can open files in the application itself without the need to transfer the entire file. All files can be viewed as bytes and text. Audio and video media files, like .wma, and .wmv, can be streamed (you can select which media files to stream and you have to have appropriate DirectShow filters installed on the remote machine, in order to stream certain types of files, like .mp3 or .divx). Text files can be viewed, just like in Notepad. The version information of executable files can be displayed, as well. Image files are shown as thumbnails, first, and the whole image can be displayed from a thumbnail, if desired, with the option of reducing the size of the image, so it will be faster to transfer. This way, you can easily view images on a remote computer even if they are very large in size, without the need to transfer the whole files.
- Registry - similar to Registry Editor. You can browse through the registry hives and keys, but you cannot modify or delete them. You can delete registry values.
- Running Processes - similar to Task Manager. You can see information about the processes currently running on the remote computer. You can kill a process.
- Services - similar to Services in Computer Management. You can see information about the services on the remote computer. You can stop, start, pause, and resume services.
- System Information - similar to System Information. You can see information about the hardware and the operating system on the remote computer.
- Devices - similar to Device Manager. You can see information about the devices installed on the remote computer.
- Capture Devices - you can see the capture video and audio devices on the remote computer. You can stream content from those devices. If the remote computer has a TV tuner capture device, you can use it to watch live TV remotely, to change the channel, and to schedule recordings on it. The recordings will be saved to a specific folder on the remote computer, and you can watch them remotely when they are finished, or while they are still in progress. ATSC Digital TV (BDA) tuners for clear QAM digital cable content can also be used.
- File Transfer - you can download and upload files from and to the remote computer. This functionality is similar to an ftp client/server communication, but in a more reliable and efficient way. With Remote Explorer when a file exists on both the local and the remote machine, the files are compared first, and only the parts of the files that are different are transferred. This way, if the communication is interrupted, you can reliably resume it later without the need to transfer parts of the files that have already been transferred. You also have no limits on the size of the files to transfer or their names.
- Capture Screen - you can see the screen of the remote computer as an image.
- Search - you can search the file system or the registry on the remote computer. The results will be displayed on forms similar to the File System and Registry forms.
- Performance monitor - similar to Task Manager. You can see a visual representation of the CPU, memory, disk, and network activity.
- Activity Monitor - you can monitor the file system on the remote computer for events, like creating, deleting, changing, and renaming files and folders.
- Command prompt - similar to Command Prompt. You can type any DOS command, and the command will be executed on the remote computer, and the results will be displayed on the local computer.
- Chat - you can chat with somebody who is using the remote computer.
- Operating system: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Minimum memory: 256 MB
Remote Explorer 4.0 Screenshot
Remote Explorer 4.0 Keywords
Bookmark Remote Explorer 4.0
Remote Explorer 4.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.