Ryouko 0.5.5-1 Ranking & Summary
Ryouko 0.5.5-1 description
Ryouko 0.5.5-1 provides you with a sophisticated as well as helpful PyQt4 Web browser. It was originally designed to run on Linux, but a Windows version is now available as well. Ryouko was coded purely for fun, and is currently missing a lot of features.
Therefore, it is *not* meant to replace your default Web browser, nor is it intended for serious usage or people who need a stable, dependable, and fully-featured program. However, it should be okay for very basic Web browsing.
The Windows version is compiled with cx_freeze using the following options: --include-modules="PyQt4.QtCore,PyQt4.QtGui,PyQt4.QtWebKit,PyQt4.QtNetwork,json,pickle,urllib,time,datetime,os,sys" --exclude-modules="ryouko_li
- Able to record browsing history. Unfortunately, there are no bookmarks, and clearing the history does not work 100% correctly.
- Stores cookies between sessions, and also allows the cookies to be cleared out. When clearing out the cookies on Linux, Ryouko performs a "shred -v" operation on the database for added privacy.
- Supports private browsing mode as of 0.4.4.
- Has a Find function as of 0.4.6.
- Supports opening new windows as of 0.4.6.
- Zoom in/out functionality as of 0.4.10.
- Status messages as of 0.4.8
- Has tabbed browsing, like any respectable modern Web browser.
- Supports command-line arguments. This means that it's possible to use it as your default Web browser!
- Unlike some browsers in the same vein, Ryouko understands page requests that ask to open links in new windows. In 0.5.0 and below, it opens them in new windows with reduced-functionality, but as of 0.5.1, it opens them in new tabs.
- Unlike some other amateur projects on SourceForge, Ryouko's Git repository actually has commits in it.
- The "Save Link..." option in the context menu actually works, though not 100% of the time. In most cases, it should be sufficient, however.
- If faced with an unsupported file type, Ryouko will offer to download the offending file to your computer.
- Of course, it's 100% free and open-source software. Who wouldn't want that?
Ryouko 0.5.5-1 Screenshot
Ryouko 0.5.5-1 Keywords
Bookmark Ryouko 0.5.5-1
Ryouko 0.5.5-1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.