SecureFX 6.2 Ranking & Summary
SecureFX 6.2 description
SecureFX 6.2 meets your evolving file transfer needs with a single application that lets you choose between SFTP using an encrypted SSH2 connection or FTP over SSL (TLS) for secure transfers, or standard FTP for nonsecure transfers. It has a simple Explorer-like interface, so it's easy to learn and use while offering powerful automation capabilities for unattended, secure file transfers.
It streamlines synchronization and session management, adds new authentication options, and introduces a native 64-bit version for x64 Windows. You can include or exclude files or file types for more control during synchronization operations. Changing settings and passwords for groups of sessions is easy with the ability to simultaneously edit multiple sessions. You can quickly resume your workflow by using the option to automatically connect sessions that were open the last time you ran SecureFX. You now have more options for FTP and FTP/SSL connections with mutual authentication and the ability to establish connections from behind a restrictive firewall. New SSH2 enhancements give you more flexibility in using smart cards and new ways to manage your keys in the Activator.
It lets you choose between SFTP or FTP over SSL (TLS) for secure transfers, or standard FTP for nonsecure transfers. It has an easy to use, Explorer-like interface with full support for drag-and-drop file transfers to and from the desktop and other applications. At the same time, SecureFX provides you with the power to automate secure file transfers, synchronize local and remote files, and perform server-to-server transfers.
- File transfer presents a unique set of challenges in today's security conscious world. New regulations and rules designed to protect personal information are being issued on a regular basis. Customers, business prospects, and partners demand that their information be treated securely. And organizations are more distributed today than ever before with multiple locations, highly mobile employees traveling the globe or telecommuting, and file servers that may be half a world away in a data center or at a service provider.
- The IT Manager is responsible for making sure that every employee, business partner, and customer has the ability to upload and download the files they need while providing strong security that complies with regulations and your organization's policies. SecureFX can connect to any SFTP, FTP over SSL, or FTP server and, when combined with VShell®, VanDyke's advanced SSH2 server, can provide virtual directories for every user or group you support that limit access to just the files they need.
- The Network Administrator faces file transfer tasks on an everyday basis. You might be collecting log files from a number of remote servers, synchronizing end-user information, or performing server-to-server transfers for backup and archiving. SecureFX is the ideal tool for all of these tasks and more. Scriptable and interactive command-line tools let you automate and schedule secure, unattended transfers when server loads are low. You can also work easily from any machine by installing SecureFX on your U3 drive.
- The Web Master's day includes a constant stream of files as content is updated, logs are downloaded, and multiple servers are kept in sync. The Quick Sync feature gives you secure, one-click synchronization between your local files and your web server. Routine tasks can be automated using the SFXCL command-line utility and interactive tasks can be handled in SecureFX's convenient interface that allows you to drag-and-drop or copy-and-paste a file to or from the desktop or remote servers for instant site updates.
- The Software Developer transfers source code, daily builds, and test code every day. A file transfer application that works seamlessly with your terminal emulator can make managing these tasks easier. SecureFX and SecureCRT® are integrated, which simplifies the process of creating and managing sessions that can be used by both applications.
- Road Warriors, business partners, and customers need to know that confidential files can be transferred to and from any location - whether it's a hotel room, a customer site, or the airport terminal. Access to file servers has to be fast and easy. SecureFX's drag-and-drop features let you transfer a file to or from the Windows desktop, an Explorer window, or another application like WinZip. And relentless file transfers automatically reconnect and resume your file transfer when an unreliable connection disconnects you. For complete portability, install SecureFX on a U3 smart drive using the SecureFX U3 installer.
- Multiple protcol support: SecureFX supports SSH2 SFTP, FTP/SSL, and conventional FTP in a single client, providing the maximum in flexibility when connecting to a range of remote servers.
- Drag and drop: SecureFX allows you to drag and drop (or copy and paste) files to and from Windows Explorer, the desktop, and other applications (e.g., WinZip), letting you transfer files more easily.
- Integration with SecureCRT: SecureFX and SecureCRT can share the global options, session options, and the host key database so you only need to perform operations like setting application defaults, sessions settings, or accepting a server's host key once. SecureCRT and SecureFX can share passwords and passphrases while either application or the Activator utility is running, and both SecureCRT and SecureFX sessions are displayed on the Activator menu. Launch either application from a toolbar button and specify a session to connect to. A combined installer is available that installs both clients and their DLLs into the same folder, making it easy to install SecureCRT and SecureFX and keep them in sync.
- Relentless transfers: Support for resuming multiple-file transfers. All remaining files in the transfer list are completed after a broken connection is reestablished.
- Synchronization: Select local and remote folders, choose from upload, download, and mirror options, then fine tune file selection in the synchronization window. Filter support allows files to be included or excluded. To save set up time, Quick Synchronize and Synchronize dialogs provide the option to use paths from the active sessions for synchronize operations. Multiple sites are easy to keep synchronized with a synchronize database that supports saving, editing, and executing synchronize operations. Quick synchronize mirror with delete automatically deletes files or folders that are not on the source from the destination, allowing you to exactly match the destination and source. This is also supported in SFXCL.
- Site organization: Session settings can be saved in named sessions.The Connect dialog allows multiple sessions to be selected and then
- edited, making it easy to do things like change the passwords for a group of sessions.
- File permission tools: Support for changing permissions on multiple files at once. When connected to VShell® for Windows version 2.2 or higher, the Properties dialog for the remote file or folder has a Security tab that allows ACL permissions to be viewed.
- FIPS 140-2 support: When the administrative option to run in "FIPS Mode" is set, SecureFX
1. Synchronization enhancement:
- Filter files when doing synchronize operations: New filter support allows files to be included or excluded during a sychronize operation, which makes it possible to do things like exclude an .svn folder. Wildcards are supported.
2. New session management options:
- Edit multiple sessions at the same time: The Connect dialog allows multiple sessions to be selected and then edited, making it easy to do things like change the passwords for a group of sessions.
- Remember and connect to sessions from last use: A new option remembers which sessions were open the last time SecureFX ran and connects them automatically.
3. FTP-related enhancements:
- Use mutual authentication: Self-signed certificates can be generated and used with FTP/SSL.
- Establish FTP or FTP/SSL data connections from behind a restrictive firewall: A new option allows the local ports to be limited to a specific range.
4. SSH2-related enhancements:
- Use a smart card to authenticate: Support for PKCS #11 simplifies smart-card authentication.
- Manage your keys: Agent support in the Activator allows keys to be explicitly added and removed.
5. New installer option:
- 64-bit Windows support: A native 64-bit version is available for x64 Windows platforms.
- 486-based PC
- 16 MB RAM
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or later
SecureFX 6.2 Screenshot
SecureFX 6.2 Keywords
Bookmark SecureFX 6.2
SecureFX 6.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.