Sent 188.8.131.52 Ranking & Summary
Sent 184.108.40.206 description
Sent 220.127.116.11 designed to be a powerful console utility intended for sending "net send" messages from command line within local area networks. Allows to send messages using computer network name, user login, nickname. Sends broadcast messages using workgroup or domain name. Sent is fully compatible with WinPopup and Windows NT Messenger Service (net send). The program can be used as net send command replacement in Windows versions, that have no such command; when Messenger Service is off; just as an improved net send command with additional features.
Sent allows you:
- Send and receive short text messages.
- Send broadcast messages.
- Communicate with any user in your LAN, who have WinSent or compatible sofware installed.
- Exchange messages with collegues and coworkers at work, friends at home.
- Send announcements and tasks to collegues or subordinates.
- Remind employees about a meeting.
- Receive alerts from network administrator.
- Just chat with friends at home.
- WinSent is a free instant messenger for LAN: WinSent is an easy-to-use program, intended for instant messaging and communication within local area networks (instant messenger for LAN). It can be used for communication between users of your home, enterprise or office LAN. With WinSent's help you will be able to exchange short text messages with any user in your LAN, who have WinSent or compatible program installed. WinSent allows to send and receive messages using computer network name, user login, nickname (arbitrary name, that is unique on the local network). Sends broadcast messages within the bounds of the network using workgroup or domain name. WinSent is capable of sending a message at once to several recipients.
- Full compatibility with WinPopup and messenger service (net send) protocol: For message transmission the WinSent uses full implementation of a protocol, that is used for message exchange by software products like Microsoft WinPopup, Windows NT Messenger Service (net send command), etc. Therefore the WinSent is fully compatible with these products. This feature enables to send and receive messages from network computers, that have one of the aforementioned programs installed and allows to use the WinSent as full replacement for Messenger Service (net send command) and Microsoft WinPopup. You will be able to receive messages that are sent by system administrator with the "net send" command, with the Microsoft Winpopup utility, messages from Unix users, that are sent with the smbclient command, messages from printer spoolers, etc. Full WinPopup protocol implementation allows to perform message exchange using both computer network name and user name.
- Does not require a dedicated server or an internet connection: WinSent sends and receives messages in real time, without using intermediate servers. The messages are transmitted directly between sender and recepient. WinSent does not require a dedicated server, third-party services or an Internet connection. As WinSent is not using insecure public networks (Internet), your secrets are safe. Messages are transmitting within your local network only.
- Works over any network protocol in any versions of Windows: WinSent works over virtually all network protocols (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBEUI, etc.), in all Windows versions (95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista), including Windows Vista, where Messenger Service and net send command are missing.
- Easy to use and handy interface: WinSent have simple and handy user interface without excesses. It looks and works almost like the ordinary Microsoft WinPopup, but have considerable improvements. WinSent does not clutters up the task bar. Its icon is placed in the system tray near the clock. As soon as you have received a new message, WinSent informs you by flashing tray icon. You can configure what WinSent have to do when a new message arrives, including sound effects. WinSent supports configurable hot keys and have embedded local network browser. Most of WinSent's windows have configurable size and screen position, and these settings are stored.
- Low usage of system resources: Low usage of system resources comes out of the great optimization work. WinSent is a compact program. It requires about 300 KB of hard disk space. WinSent works silently in background mode, consuming very small processor resources.
- Freeware: WinSent is absolutely free program. To be convinced of all aforesaid just download and install the WinSent. Taking into account the small size of the program you'll not spend a lot of time for it.
- Added new command line parameter "send timeout".
- WinPopup, Messenger Service (net send) and Linux Samba.
- Works with any versions of Windows (9x/NT/2000/XP/Vista)
Sent 18.104.22.168 Screenshot
Sent 22.214.171.124 Keywords
Bookmark Sent 126.96.36.199
Sent 188.8.131.52 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.