Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2 Ranking & Summary
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2 description
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2 offers you a modern and powerful software which can search your hard disk for so-called spy - or adbots.
Spybot - Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven't intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been "hijacked" (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware. Even if you don't see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm giving it a try to see if something has invaded your computer.
Little modules that are responsible for the ads many programs show. But many of these modules also transmit information about your surfing behavior and more to the net. If Spybot-S&D finds such modules, it can remove them - or replace them with empty dummies in case their host wont work any more with its bot removed. In most cases, the host software still runs after removing the bot.
Another feature of Spybot S&D is the removal of usage tracks, which makes it more complicated for unknown Spybots to transmit useful data. The list of last visited websites, opened files, started programs, cookies, all that and more can be cleaned.
Supported are the three mahjor browsers Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera. Last but not least Spybot-S&D contains some routines to find and correct invalid entries into the registry.
If you fear incompatibility with other software you are now using, although the publisher can assure you that there is no danger you can review our compatibility overview which lists some software whose compatibility has been analyzed.Spybot-S&D can also clean usage tracks, an interesting function if you share your computer with other users and don't want them to see what you have been working on. And for professional users, Spybot-S&D allows you to fix some registry inconsistencies and extended reports.
- Removal of adware and spyware
- Removal of dialers
- Removal of keyloggers
- Removal of trojans and other baddies
- Removal of usage tracks
- User-extendable database
- Save removal of threats by shredding them
- Backups of every removed problem
- Exclude option to ignore specific problems
- Permanent blocking of threatening ActiveX downloads
- Permanent blocking of known tracking cookies for IE
- Permanent blocking of threating downloads in IE
- Command line parameters to automate tasks
- Number of targets
- Number of detection files and entries
- Number of detection files and entries
- Detailed information about problems found
- Strict criteria to define targets
- Integrated update function
- Weekly updates
- Update notification by mail
- Free email & forum support
- Settings to automate scan, removal and update (only available for Advanced mode)
- System reports to locate even unknown threats (only available for Advanced mode)
- Skins to adjust interface to the users liking (only available for Advanced mode)
- Improved behaviour in multi-user environments
- Fixed Immunization of Opera and Internet Explorer
Requirements: No special requirements
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2 Screenshot
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2 Keywords
Bookmark Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Removal Search Spyware 2.1.0
- Spybot Search and Destroy Detection 26 August 2009
- Destroy Removal Search Spyware 1.2
- Spybot Search and Destroy Detection 19 August 2009
- Spybot Search and Destroy Detection 12 August 2009
- Spybot Search and Destroy Detection 29 July 2009
- Spybot Search and Destroy Detection 22 July 2009
- Spybot Search and Destroy Detection Update 24 June 2009