SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.33
SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.33 Ranking & Summary
SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.33 description
SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.33 is a strong visual software that allows you to easily administer your SQLite3 databases and gain significantly better visibility into how your databases are operating. SQLite Expert integrates database management and maintenance into a single, seamless environment, with a clear and intuitive graphical user interface.
- Edit tables and views visually, without writing a line of SQL. Easily restructure fields, indexes, constraints, triggers without losing data already existing in the tables.
- Build SQL scripts and generate views visually using the integrated Query Builder.
- Create SQLite3 databases, view and change database parameters, check database integrity and vacuum (compact) databases.
- Easily transfer data between SQLite databases, import data from SQL scripts or ADO data sources, or export to SQL scripts.
- Display and edit data in the grid, including BLOB and image fields. Currently supports BMP, JPG, PNG and GIF image formats. BLOB fields can be edited with the integrated hex editor.
- Execute SQL queries and display results in the grid or as text.
- Managing SQLite3 databases
- Create database
- View and change database parameters
- Register frequently used databases for using in SQLite Expert
- Check integrity
- Transaction support
- Managing tables
- Create tables
- Delete tables
- Rename tables
- Restructure tables without losing existing data
- View, add, delete, modify, reorder fields
- View, add, delete, modify indexes
- View constraints
- View triggers
- Supports temporary tables
- Managing views
- Create views
- Delete views
- Rename views
- View triggers
- Add, delete, modify triggers
- Supports temporary views
- Executing SQL scripts
- Execute SQL scripts
- Stop long running queries
- SQL history
- SQL syntax highlighting
- Save and load SQL scripts
- Displaying and editing data
- Display and edit data in the grid
- Display data as text
- Data filtering
- Image editor (supports BMP, JPEG, PNG and GIF)
- BLOB editor
- Text editor
- Data types
- 40 predefined data types
- Custom data types
- Improved Unicode support
- At first glance, version 2.0 is not much different from the latest version 1.7. However, version 2.0 brings major internal improvements with respect to Unicode support. SQLite Expert is written in Delphi, and Delphi versions older than 2009 did not include native Unicode support. SQLite Expert versions 1.x included Unicode support by using a freeware library - UTF8VCL available from SourceForge. This project was in alpha stage of development and seems to be currently unmaintained.
- The latest version of Delphi (Delphi 2009) finally added complete support for the Unicode character set, so it was the logical choice to upgrade the source code of SQLite Expert to Delphi 2009. This process took a few months because of the major internal differences between the two compilers. During this migration, the source code was gradually modified to compile with Delphi 2009 while still being compatible with Delphi 2007. As a result of this process, versions 1.7 and 2.0 of SQLite Expert look very similar but are actually much different internally. The native string type in Delphi 2007 was the AnsiString while in Delphi 2009 it is the UnicodeString (using UTF-16 encoding).
- The following differences between versions 1.7 and 2.0 are related to the improved Unicode support:
- The default type mapping for CHAR and TEXT is now WideString instead of String. That means, all the text is now converted to UTF-16 when it is loaded from the database. In version 1.x it was converted to UTF-8. It is recommended not to change this setting.
- It you wish to change the default type mappings for other declared types so they are handled internally as strings, you should map them to WideString, not to String as in version 1.x.
- More encoding options on import/export from/to text files. An encoding detection when importing a text file has been included that seems to work reasonably well in most cases.
- The Encoding options have been renamed to "Unicode (UTF-8, UTF-16)" and "Default ANSI code page".
- Statically linked sqlite3 library
- SQLite Expert 2.0 includes a statically linked sqlite3 library, so it can be used without an external sqlite3.dll. However, it is still possible to use an external library, which might be a useful feature in case you want to use a more recent sqlite library, or one that supports encryption (note that encryption support is only available in the Professional Edition).
- No bug fixes between 1.7 and 2.0
- During the migration from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009, all the bug fixes have been implemented in both versions 1.7 and 2.0, so if a bug exists in the latest 1.7 version and is not Unicode related, there is a good chance it is still present in version 2.0. However, at the time of the 2.0 released, all the reported bugs have been fixed. Also, after the release of 2.0 no more bug fixes will be implemented in 1.7, so it is recommended to upgrade to version 2.0 to keep up with the latest updates.
- Upgrading an existing 1.x Professional license to 2.0
- If you own a license for SQLite Expert Professional 1.x, you may upgrade to version 2.x at no additional cost. For information about upgrading your Professional license to 2.0, please see the "Upgrading an existing 1.x Professional license to 2.x" chapter in the help file.
SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.33 Screenshot
SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.33 Keywords
Bookmark SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.33
SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.33 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- SQLite Expert Personal 2.1.1
- SQLite Expert Personal 2.1.0
- SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.46
- SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.43
- SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.42
- SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.40
- SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.36
- SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.32
- SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.28
- SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.26
- SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.23
- SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.22
- SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.19
- SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.16
- SQLite Expert Personal 2.0.13