Tunnelier 4.29 Ranking & Summary
Tunnelier 4.29 description
Tunnelier 4.29 is a powerful tool which provides manual rules as well as an integrated SOCKS and HTTP proxy for dynamic forwarding; forwards Windows file shares; has strong auto-reconnect features; an advanced graphical SFTP file transfer client; a scriptable console-mode SFTP client; an FTP-to-SFTP protocol bridge; support for single-click Remote Desktop forwarding for graphical server access; and support for the vt100, xterm and bvterm terminal console.
- Free SSH file transfer, terminal and tunneling!: Tunnelier is SSH and SFTP client for Windows which incorporates:
- One of the most advanced graphical SFTP clients;
- State-of-the-art terminal emulation with support for the bvterm, xterm, and vt100 protocols;
- Support for corporation-wide single sign-on using SSPI (GSSAPI) Kerberos 5 and NTLM user authentication, as well as Kerberos 5 host authentication;
- Support for RSA and DSA public key authentication with comprehensive user keypair management;
- Powerful SSH port forwarding capabilities, including dynamic forwarding through integrated SOCKS and HTTP CONNECT proxy;
- Powerful command-line parameters which make Tunnelier highly customizable and suitable for use in specific situations and controlled environments;
- An advanced, scriptable command-line SFTP client (sftpc);
- A scriptable command-line remote execution client (sexec) and a command-line terminal emulation client (stermc);
- An FTP-to-SFTP bridge allowing you to connect to an SFTP server using legacy FTP applications;
- WinSSHD remote administration features;
- Single-click Remote Desktop forwarding.
- Graphical SFTP File Transfers
- Tunnelier incorporates what is believed is one of the most advanced SFTP file transfer clients, with support for the following:
- Automatic resuming, text file awareness, recursive subdirectory transfers;
- Powerful, advanced transfer list management;
- High speed - up to 5 MB/s when connected to a WinSSHD server, network bandwidth and disk resources permitting;
- Fast responsiveness to user input even when in the middle of multiple file transfers.
- Tunnelier also incorporates an advanced, scriptable command-line SFTP client.
- Terminal Access - Remote Console
- Tunnelier provides integrated access to the SSH server's console, either via VT-100 and xterm protocols supported by most SSH servers on any platform, or via the enhanced bvterm protocol supported by WinSSHD:
- All terminal emulation is done in a regular Windows console, using standard Windows fonts, supporting standard settings for Windows consoles;
- UTF support with VT-100 and xterm, Unicode support with bvterm (full Unicode support on NT-series Windows platforms);
- Full color support with xterm and bvterm;
- Support for large screen buffers, all key combinations including Alt-keys and accurate console rendering with bvterm (fully accurate on NT-series Windows platforms).
- Tunnelier also incorporates a command line terminal emulation client, stermc, as well as a command-line remote execution client (sexec).
- Single sign-on: That's right! When using Tunnelier to connect to a GSSAPI-enabled SSH server in the same or a trusted Windows domain, you can let Kerberos 5 (or on older platforms, NTLM) perform the server as well as user authentication for you, without you having to wiggle a toe! No manual host key verification; no management of user passwords and public keys. Just tell Tunnelier which SSH server in the domain to connect to, and if that server is WinSSHD version 4 or another server with compatible support for GSSAPI, the two programs will authenticate and establish a secure connection automatically.
- Tunnelier as a Port Forwarding Client: Tunnelier is a powerful SSH2 port forwarding client with many features, including:
- Dynamic tunneling via integrated proxy supporting SOCKS4, SOCKS4A, SOCKS5 and HTTP CONNECT proxy tunneling protocols. Configure your applications to connect to target hosts through Tunnelier's proxy, and no manual tunneling rules need be configured.
- How to set up programs for dynamic tunneling: Firefox, IE; with these settings in Tunnelier.
- Port forwarding settings can be saved to and loaded from a profile. One can maintain multiple complex tunneling configurations without having to manually enter parameters before each session.
- Tunnelier minimizes its presence by displaying only a system tray icon when running in the background. If an error is encountered while the program is minimized, the icon reflects that.
- Server-side forwarding: with WinSSHD and Tunnelier, a server and multiple clients can be set up so that all port forwarding rules are configured centrally at the server, without requiring any client-side setting updates. The SSH clients only need to be configured once, and port forwarding rules can easily be changed when necessary.
- Command-line parameters are supported. Using command-line automation, a port forwarding session can be started from a link in the Startup menu without requiring any user interaction whatsoever. Help with the command-line parameters can be found in the Tunnelier log area when it is first started, or by executing 'Tunnelier /?' from a command prompt.
- After an SSH session is established, any external application can be launched automatically.
- If an SSH session is interrupted, Tunnelier can automatically reconnect to the server.
- Highly customizableRun 'tunnelier -?' for a list of command-line parameters providing flexibility to:
- Make Tunnelier load a profile and connect immediately on startup and exit on disconnect using the -profile, -loginOnStartup and -exitOnLogout parameters;
- Make Tunnelier hide portions of its user interface (main window, authentication messages, access to SSH features) using the -hide and -menu parameters;
- Run Tunnelier from removable media and prevent it from making any changes to the Windows registry - and yet use public key authentication and verify host keys using the -noRegistry, -keypairFile and -hostKeyFile parameters; and more.
- Portable: Users have made use of Tunnelier's customizability to create portable Tunnelier distributions that can run from a USB key, in the U3 and PortableApps formats.
- Command-Line SFTP Client
- Tunnelier incorporates sftpc, an advanced command-line SFTP client which supports:
- Queued background transfers so you can continue browsing directories while a file downloads ('get * -bg');
- Powerful command-line parameters for automated scripted transfers launched from a batch file or an external program;
- Automatic text file conversion when transferring files between platforms (the 'type' command);
- Wildcards - the * and ? wildcard characters can match more than one file;
- Recursive transfers - a simple 'get * -s' downloads all files and subdirectories;
- Resume support - 'get file.txt -r' resumes a previously downloaded file if it already exists;
- High speed - up to 5 MB/s when connected to a WinSSHD server, network bandwidth and disk resources permitting.
- Additional information:
- Usage: after installing Tunnelier, get this help by executing 'sftpc -h'
- Command list: after installing Tunnelier, get this help by executing 'help' and 'help ' from within an established SFTP session
- The 'log' utility can be used with sftpc to store the output of each individual SFTP session in a separate, uniquely named log file for auditing.
- Command-Line Remote Execution Client
- Tunnelier incorporates sexec, a scriptable command-line remote execution client which can be used to securely execute programs on remote machines from a batch file. The batch file can perform actions based on the exit code reported from the remote program, and can capture the remote program's output for processing by simple redirection of sexec output.
- Another command-line program included with Tunnelier, stermc, conveniently opens an SSH terminal emulation session with xterm, VT-100 and bvterm support in the same Command Prompt window it is started from. If you SSH from computer A to computer B running WinSSHD, and you also have Tunnelier installed on computer B, you can use stermc to conveniently establish an onward SSH terminal session to computer C.
- All Tunnelier command-line clients support all authentication methods supported by Tunnelier, can load settings from a Tunnelier profile, work with the same user keypair and host key database as the graphical Tunnelier client does, can connect through a SOCKS or HTTP CONNECT proxy, and support a common set of command-line parameters controlling most aspects of establishing an SSH connection.
- FTP-to-SFTP Bridge
- Tunnelier incorporates an FTP-to-SFTP bridge which performs translation between the FTP and SFTP protocols, allowing any FTP client application to connect securely to an SFTP server through Tunnelier. Both active mode and passive mode FTP data connections are supported, as well as restarted transfers, directory listings and other features. All FTP clients should be able to list directories and transfer files across Tunnelier's FTP-to-SFTP bridge, including integrated clients in applications such as DreamWeaver, GUI clients such as BulletProof FTP, and command line clients such as the default ftp.exe client accompanying Windows.
- See Accessing an SFTP Server with an FTP Client for more information about the FTP bridge.
- Tunnelier with WinSSHD: When connected to WinSSHD, Tunnelier can do all of the above, as well as the following:
- Bvterm console: when connected to WinSSHD, Tunnelier provides you with the best console available on the Windows platform. The bvterm protocol supports the full spectrum of a Windows console's features: colors, Unicode characters, all-key access and large scrollable buffers.
- Remote server configuration: using Tunnelier, all WinSSHD settings can be configured remotely as if you were sitting in front of the server itself. The server's event log can also be remotely viewed and managed. is one of the most advanced SFTP file transfer clients, with support for the following:
- Tunnelier 4.29 now includes a WinSSHD Remote Control Panel for WinSSHD 5.06.
- Added a setting which controls whether, as in previous versions, Tunnelier should use only a short list of trusted Windows Sockets Layered Service Providers (LSPs), promoting stability, but at a possible expense of connectivity; or whether Tunnelier should use any LSP, promoting connectivity, but at the possible expense of stability.
- Improved text-mode file transfer support.
Tunnelier 4.29 Screenshot
Tunnelier 4.29 Keywords
Bookmark Tunnelier 4.29
Tunnelier 4.29 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.