UserGate 4.3 Ranking & Summary
UserGate 4.3 description
UserGate proxy server is a complex and multifunctional software solution that can be used to connect your network to the Internet.
UserGate has a broad set of features to set up and manage your Internet connections to provide maximum security protection
Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
- Network Address Translation (NAT) support � an advanced technology for connecting multiple computers to the Internet using one IP address.
- Web caching � allows the storing of files from the Internet in a cache, which is available for all users. Caching reduces Internet connection loads and saves money in bandwidth usage.
Internet Traffic Analysis
- Accurate Traffic Calculation for each user (including traffic through servers using SMTP authorization). Calculating and viewing user Internet statistics per day and/or per site for any time interval. User Internet statistics for the current month can be viewed through any HTTP connection.
- The built-in Billing System, which performs automatic calculations of Internet expenses for each user based on time and/or traffic volume can be set up for different rates for specific users or for groups of users, switchable rates depending on the time of day, day of the week or website address.
- Statistics Reporting System can automatically e-mail users their personal Internet statistics, and can bill for specified time periods.
Report Generator has the capability of exporting stats to MS Excel.
User-specific access management
- Various User Authorization Methods support include: by IP address, IP and MAC address, IP and MAC ticket, by username and password, by Windows authorization, and by Active Directory authorization.
- Upstream Proxy Connection support with an authorization option.
- Capability to import lists of users from Active Directory, which saves time on typing in hundreds of users. The program will do it for you.
Administration, alerts and statistics
- Real-time Connection Monitoring allows the viewing of active user IP addresses, usernames, exact volume of sent and received traffic and lists of URLs visited;
- Traffic shaper can set limits on Internet connection speeds for each user.
- Scheduler provides a convenient running of the following tasks: launching external applications, automatic opening or closing of dial-up connections, e-mailing statistics to users, etc.
- Flexible set of rules for managing network activities of a single user or a group of users, including:
- Restrictions on operating times, amount of incoming/outgoing traffic per day and/or month or the amount of time spent online per day and/or month;.
- Internet content filtering restricting user access to resources not related to work.
- Individual restrictions for connection speeds and traffic volumes. If a users traffic limit is exceeded, his/her Internet access will be automatically closed.
- Lists of forbidden or allowed domain names, IP addresses, parts of URLs, etc.
- Range of IP addresses allowed to be accessed.
- Hourly Schedules of user Internet access.
- Highly effective Banner Ad Filter.
- Remote Administration allows network administrators to work remotely and to be more mobile;
- Built-In Firewall protects your local area network from hacker attacks and other undesirable intrusions from the Internet.
- Port mapping ties a port of a local Ethernet interface to a specific port of the remote host. Port mapping is used for bank-client applications, games and other software that require data exchange with a specified IP address.
Antivirus Gateway Protection
- Gateway antivirus. You can use Panda Antivirus or Kaspersky, both embedded into Usergate or use any other antivirus software. UserGate checks SMTP and POP3 protocols (e-mail), HTTP (internet) and FTP.
- HTTP (with caching).
- FTP (with caching).
- Socks 4, Socks 5.
- Any protocol UDP/TCP on NAT and through port mapping.
- Pentium II 400MHz
- 64 RAM
- 10 MB of disk space plus additional disk space for cache and log files.
- 30 days trial
- new UserGate Administrator module
- a built-in firewall
- support of VPN and ICMP protocols
- dual antivirus scanning.
UserGate 4.3 Screenshot
UserGate 4.3 Keywords
Bookmark UserGate 4.3
UserGate 4.3 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.