WebSite-Watcher 5.1.0 Beta 9 / 5.0.3 Final
WebSite-Watcher 5.1.0 Beta 9 / 5.0.3 Final Ranking & Summary
WebSite-Watcher 5.1.0 Beta 9 / 5.0.3 Final description
WebSite-Watcher 5.1.0 Beta 9 / 5.0.3 Final is considered as a professional and useful application that checks websites for updates, saves files to disk and highlights all changes.
WebSite-Watcher is a very powerful software that will allow users to easily monitor their favorite websites for updates and changes with a minimum of time and online costs. This prevents you from visiting each page manually looking for changes. When changes in a page are detected, WebSite-Watcher saves the last two versions to your hard disk and highlights all changes in the text. Many features give you control, when and how a page should be checked for updates. For example to get only an update notification when a specified keyword is within the changed content.
WebSite-Watcher works as client on your computer, similar to an e-mail client. All bookmarks and configurations are stored locally on your hard disk, other than online monitoring services you dont need server to check pages for updates.
- Don't waste hours checking websites for updates when WebSite-Watcher can do it automatically for you.
- Know what your competitors are doing, WebSite-Watcher scans their websites for you.
- Know when a new software version or driver update is released, WebSite-Watcher detects the updates for you.
- Stay informed with new postings or answers in discussion forums, WebSite-Watcher will notify you as soon as possible.
Major Features :
- Monitor web pages:
- Monitor web pages with a minimum of time. Why waste hours surfing the web, when WebSite-Watcher can do this job for you within a few minutes. Supports all kind of pages with textual content (html, asp, php, ...).
- Monitor password protected pages:
- Logins to a password protected page can be recorded with the integrated Check-Macro feature. These macros are executed when WebSite-Watcher checks the bookmarks for updates.
- Monitor forums:
- Efficient way to monitor forums for new topics and replies using forum templates. Works with all major forums including phpBB, SMF, vBulletin, IPB, etc.
- Monitor RSS-Feeds:
- Website-Watcher converts RSS/Atom feeds into a readable format using a template system. So you can use the full power of WebSite-Watcher to detect new or changed RSS postings within a single tool and also monitor password protected RSS feeds behind a login.
- Monitor Newsgroups:
- WebSite-Watcher offers a base functionality for reading and writing new newsgroup postings and answers. The newsgroups functionality can also be used with the keywords functionality to monitor postings for specified keywords.
- Monitor binary files:
- Binary files (for example zip or exe files) can be monitored via the file date, the file size or via a small part of the content. That allows you to efficiently monitor large files without having to download them. Dependent from the server, WebSite-Watcher will choose the best checking method automatically.
- Monitor local files:
- Monitor local files and directories and use the same powerful features as you do for web resources.
- Powerful yet simple filter system:
- Powerful yet simple filters enhance your control, and allow you, for example, to ignore changing banners and adverts. Filters can be created automatically with the self learning Auto-Filter system, or manually with the filter wizard. Simple wildcard filters and regular expressions give you total control over the filtering mechanism, so you can exclude parts or only watch specific areas of a page; very useful for dynamically generated content or sites with extensive advertising).
- Highlight changes:
- Highlight changes in pages that have been modified. No need to compare the old content with the new, when Website-Watcher can do this for you. See what youre looking for in seconds. Filtered content will not be highlighted, so you will not waste your time to look at stuff you are not interested in (for example advertising or a changing user counter).
- Monitor pages for specified words:
- Looking for specific words within a websites pages? Or perhaps youre waiting for a certain word or phrase to appear? Website-Watcher can handle both tasks with ease. Only get an update notification when specified words are within new/changed content, furthermore WebSite-Watcher will highlight these words, so you see them within a second.
- Monitor whole sites instead of single pages:
- The Follow-Links feature allows you to monitor complete websites instead of single web pages. Using this feature, hyperlinks in a page are inserted automatically as new bookmarks. You have control over the link depth or which URLs should be included or excluded.
- Manual checks:
- Monitor pages only after clicking the check button.
- Automatic checks:
- Check pages automatically with the AutoWatch feature. You can define if and how often a bookmark should be checked when WebSite-Watcher is in AutoWatch mode
- Automate checks and tasks with the integrated scripting language:
- A simple yet powerful scripting language lets you automate specific tasks. For example to check bookmarks, create a report and send the report by email without having to execute all these commands manually step by step.
- Additional actions when updates are detected:
- For example to play an alternative sound, send emails or open the changed page with another program. You configure the software to work the way you want.
- Work with checked pages (Searches, Reports, etc.):
- All monitored pages are saved to your hard drive. This allows you to quickly and simply open and view the monitored pages, search text in downloaded files and make reports... all without even having to be online.
- Archive pages permanently:
- Keep the information you need by archiving pages with tool Local Website Archive. This can be done automatically via the bookmark properties or manually on demand.
- Synchronize bookmark files:
- Synchronize bookmarks between computers with the synchronize functionality.
- Backup and Restore:
- The integrated Backup/Restore feature allows you to backup and restore your settings, bookmarks and downloaded files into/from a zip archive.
- Plugins / new Event function: Wsw_CheckKeywords.
- Plugins / new built-in function: Bookmark_ApplyFilter.
- Plugins / new built-in function: Execute.
- Reports: Improved text extraction from RSS feeds.
- Language files for translators updated.
- Smaller improvements / fixes.
WebSite-Watcher 5.1.0 Beta 9 / 5.0.3 Final Screenshot
WebSite-Watcher 5.1.0 Beta 9 / 5.0.3 Final Keywords
Bookmark WebSite-Watcher 5.1.0 Beta 9 / 5.0.3 Final
WebSite-Watcher 5.1.0 Beta 9 / 5.0.3 Final Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- WebSite-Watcher 5.1.2
- WebSite-Watcher 5.1.1
- WebSite-Watcher 5.1.0 Final
- WebSite-Watcher 5.1.0 Beta 11 / 5.0.4 Final
- WebSite-Watcher 5.1.0 Beta 10 / 5.0.4 Final
- WebSite-Watcher 5.1.0 Beta 9 / 5.0.4 Final
- WebSite-Watcher 5.1.0 Beta 8 / 5.0.3 Final
- WebSite-Watcher 5.1.0
- WebSite-Watcher 5.0.4
- WebSite-Watcher 5.0.3
- WebSite-Watcher 5.0.2
- WebSite-Watcher 5.0.1
- WebSite-Watcher 5.0
- WebSite-Watcher 4.42 final
- WebSite-Watcher 4.42