WendzelINNTPd 1.4.1 Ranking & Summary
WendzelINNTPd 1.4.1 description
You can connect to such a sever with all the well known Usenet-Clients (like some eMail-Clients with additional Usenet functions like MS Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird).
The WendzelNNTPd is a simple IPv6-ready Usenet server with the main goal to be as easy to use as possible. WendzelNNTPd is also portable (Linux/*BSD/*nix/Win32) and comes with a Qt based GUI.
- Tiny does only implement the most important NNTP commands + authentication commands
- only about 3.650 lines of C and C++ code (for everything: the daemon, the admin tool and the GUI)
- designed for small environments (at home, small companies, work-groups, customer support)
- based on SQLite3 (MySQL support for medium/big size environments under development)
- Easy to Use: The main target on the development of the WendzelNNTPd was to create an Usenet server everybody can use.
- Qt GUI is available
- Other Features: IPv6-ready (not the Windows version since Microsoft has no real IPv6 support)
- Now storing the posting body in files what makes SQLite faster and prevents the need for a 2.0.0-mysql release since only using SQLite3 for meta information (header information, newsgroup meta data and the like).
- Instead of 120.000 bytes a posting can now have a much bigger size (16 kbyte header, like before) and a 20 M huge body (one can change this in src/include/wendzelnntpdpath.h)
- Improved some error handling in database.c/server.c - ported code to windows once again
- Tiny URL fix to new website (wendzel.de) in configure script
WendzelINNTPd 1.4.1 Screenshot
WendzelINNTPd 1.4.1 Keywords
Bookmark WendzelINNTPd 1.4.1
WendzelINNTPd 1.4.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.