WhoisThisDomain 1.40 Ranking & Summary
WhoisThisDomain 1.40 description
WhoisThisDomain 1.40 lets you quickly get information about a registered domain. It automatically connects to the right WHOIS server, according to the top-level domain name, and retrieves the WHOIS record of the domain. It supports both generic domains and country code domains.
- Using WhoisThisDomain
This utility doesn't require any installation process or additional DLLs. Just put the executable file (WhoisTD.exe) anywhere you like, and run it.
When running WhoisThisDomain utility, the "Choose Domains" window appears. You can type a single domain, or multiple domains separated by commas, space characters, or enter characters. After pressing the 'OK' button, WhoisThisDomain start to retrieve the domain registration records for the domains that you typed.
- Creating whois-servers.txt
Starting from version 1.20, you can create your own WHOIS servers list to override the default servers defined by WhoisThisDomain.
In order to use this feature, follow the instructions below:
- Create a file named 'whois-servers.txt' in the same folder of WhoisTD.exe
- Add the needed servers to the list. Each line should contain the domain extension, a space character, and then the whois server address. For example: gov whois.nic.gov, com rs.internic.net, il whois.isoc.org.il, ir whois.nic.ir
- In the next time that you run WhoisThisDomain, the specified servers will be used instead of the default servers list stored in WhoisThisDomain.
- Build Domains List Option
If you want to check multiple domain names in combinations with multiple domain extensions, this feature can help you. For example, if you want to check abcde, poiuyt, lkjhgf names with .com, .org, .net, .biz extensions, simply type the names list in the first text-box, and the extensions list in the second one. After you click OK, you'll get the list of all possible combinations (abcde.com, abcde.org, abcde.net, and so on...)
- Translating WhoisThisDomain to other languages
WhoisThisDomain allows you to easily translate all menus, dialog-boxes, and other strings to other languages.
In order to do that, follow the instructions below:
- Run WhoisThisDomain with /savelangfile parameter:
- WhoisTD.exe /savelangfile
- A file named WhoisTD_lng.ini will be created in the folder of WhoisThisDomain utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all menus, dialog-boxes, and string entries to the desired language. Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site. (TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run WhoisThisDomain, and all translated strings will be loaded from the language file.
This utility is released as freeware. You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM, Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this. If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
Enhancements: Added 3 columns: 'Expires On', 'Created On', and 'Last Updated On'. These columns are filled only for domains in major .net/.com Registrars (GoDaddy, Network Solutions, and so on).g
- Windows operating system: Any version of Windows, from Windows 98 and up to Windows 7.
- Internet connection.
- On a firewall, you should allow outgoing connections to port 43.
WhoisThisDomain 1.40 Screenshot
WhoisThisDomain 1.40 Keywords
Bookmark WhoisThisDomain 1.40
WhoisThisDomain 1.40 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.