WinSSHD 5.06 Ranking & Summary
WinSSHD 5.06 description
WinSSHD is intended for remote administration of Windows servers; for advanced users who wish to access their machine remotely, as well as for a wide spectrum of advanced tasks, such as establishing a VPN using the TCP/IP tunneling feature. WinSSHD installs as a NT service.
- Ease of use: WinSSHD was written specifically for the Windows platform so that it is easy to install and configure. In a regular Windows environment, it will work immediately upon installation with no configuring.
- Unlimited connections: WinSSHD imposes no limits on the number of users who can connect. It will accept as many simultaneous connections as you need!
- Windows groups: WinSSHD 4 natively supports configurability through Windows groups. No need to define account settings for each Windows account individually. WinSSHD knows what groups a user is in and, if configured, will use appropriate Windows group settings.
- Speed: WinSSHD is one of the fastest SSH servers available. With Tunnelier, SFTP file transfer speeds of up to 5 MB/s (megabytes per second) can be obtained.
- Single sign-on: WinSSHD 4 supports GSSAPI-enabled Kerberos 5 key exchange, as well as NTLM and Kerberos 5 user authentication. This means that, using Tunnelier or another compatible GSSAPI-enabled client, any user in the same Windows domain, or a trusted one, can log into WinSSHD without having to verify the servers host key fingerprint, and without even having to supply a password! Using Windows group-based settings, the users account doesnt even have to be configured in WinSSHD.
- Virtual accounts: want to set up an SFTP server with many users, but dont want to create and manage 1000 Windows accounts? No problem. WinSSHD supports virtual accounts, created in WinSSHD Settings, backed by the identity of one or more Windows accounts. WinSSHD settings for these accounts are also configurable on a virtual group basis.
- bvterm: in conjunction with our Tunnelier SSH client, WinSSHD provides you with the best console available on the Windows platform. Our bvterm protocol supports the full spectrum of a Windows consoles features: colors, Unicode characters, and large scrollable buffers. Of course, WinSSHD also supports standard protocols such as VT-100 and xterm.
- Flexibility: most WinSSHD features can be configured individually on a per-account basis from the user-friendly WinSSHD Control Panel. Using our Tunnelier SSH client, the WinSSHD Control Panel can be accessed and configured through the same user-friendly interface from any remote location.
- Server-side forwarding: with WinSSHD and Tunnelier, a server and multiple clients can be set up so that all port forwarding rules are configured centrally at the server, without requiring any client-side setting updates. The SSH clients only need to be configured once, and port forwarding rules can easily be changed when necessary.
- Scriptable settings: Using the supplied wcfg utility, all settings can also be configured from a text file, from a script or interactively from the command-line. Settings can also be configured programmatically through the WinsshdCfgManip COM object.
- Multi-site support: WinSSHD supports multiple simultaneous, independent installations on the same server for customers needing completely separate sites for different groups of users. Multiple WinSSHD versions can run concurrently, installed on separate sites.
- The WinSSHD Control Panel now features an additional Activity tab which displays recent SSH server activity in a more casual and accessible form than full log files.
- When running, WinSSHD Control Panel can now display balloon popups on the Administrators desktop when various types of SSH session activity occur.
- The WinSSHD Control Panel now features its own log file folder viewer, to work around a UAC issue that could obstruct opening of the log file folder through Windows Explorer.
- A remote version of the WinSSHD Control Panel can now again be used to administer WinSSHD remotely, using Tunnelier 4.29 or newer.
- SFTP/SCP: WinSSHD now supports read/write/delete access restrictions for mount points, allowing more configurations to be expressed fully using virtual accounts and mount point settings, instead of involving separate Windows accounts and NTFS permissions.
- SFTP/SCP: added advanced setting OwnerGroup to disable sending of owner and group information to clients, and ...
WinSSHD 5.06 Screenshot
WinSSHD 5.06 Keywords
Bookmark WinSSHD 5.06
WinSSHD 5.06 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.