XLReportGen 3.8.0 Ranking & Summary
XLReportGen 3.8.0 description
XLReportGen 3.8.0 is such a useful tool which will help users with task of creating Microsoft Excel format reports. XLReportGen is a report generator for Microsoft Excel that outputs reports in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format. If you know how to use Microsoft Excel and write SQL statements, you can use XLReportGen to create all kinds of reports as you need.
To create a report, XLReportGen need to read a report template file and an XRF file. The report template file is a Microsoft Excel workbook that defines the layouts and formats of a report. The XRF file contains SQL statements and some information, and tells XLReportGen how to get data from database and how to put data into a report. First XLReportGen creates a blank report using the report template file, and then executes SQL statements in the XRF file to get data from database, and fills data into the report to generate the desired report in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format.
- Use Microsoft Excel as your reporting tool.
- Easy to use. Just Microsoft Excel and SQL.
- Powerful and flexible. Microsoft Excel are powerful and flexible.
- Saves money. Do not need to buy extra costly reporting tools.
- Saves time. Reduce development time and training time.
- Improves productivity. Reports are in familiar formats.
- For various users: IT users, business users and developers.
- Using Microsoft Excel as your reporting tool
Just use Microsoft Excel as your reporting tool. You design reports like layout, style, format directly using Microsoft Excel. And you will get reports in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format as a result. Microsoft Excel is powerful, flexible and familiar. You do not need to buy and learn extra reporting tools.
- Making report template directly using Microsoft Excel
The main advantage of using XLReportGen is based on the fact that all formatting is done directly in Microsoft Excel. You can take full advantage of Microsoft Excel including cell formatting, formulas, filtering and sorting, drawing and pictures, charts, multiple sheets, page setup, headers and footers, preview and printing, VBA, macros, and more.
- Accessing to databases using SQL
XLReportGen executes SQL statements to extract data from database. Supports all type SQL: DML, DDL and DCL. Multiple SQL statements can be executed in one report building process. You can perform queries on databases, insert data into databases, and create database objects like tables. The power of SQL can be harnessed for maximum efficiency in reporting.
- Creating reports without programming experience
You know how to use Microsoft Excel and how to write SQL, it is enough. It does not require programming to create reports.
- Connection to all databases using ODBC
XLReportGen connects to databases using ODBC. Access to all databases which support ODBC such as Oracle, DB2, Sybase, Informix, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, MySQL, Microsoft Access, dBase.
- Supporting multi-databases in one report
XLReportGen supports multi-databases in one report. You can get data from some different databases such as Oracle, DB2 and Microsoft SQL Server, and put these data into one report.
- Generating reports with parameters
XLReportGen gives you an opportunity to create reports with parameters. You may use parameters in SQL statements. You will be asked to input the values of parameters while creating reports.
- Supporting Windows mode and command line mode
XLReportGen supports command line mode. So it is possible to call XLReportGen from other program. For developers, you can integrate XLReportGen into your application.
- Creating complex reports
You can create complex reports. The complexity might come from reports formatting as well as reports content.
- Creating reports with pictures
XLReportGen can insert pictures from the graphics files, position and size the pictures according to your instruction.
- Many reports in one Microsoft Excel workbook
One Microsoft Excel workbook may contain many reports. You can generate a book of reports in one generating process.
- Conversion of file formats
XLReportGen is a converter too. You can convert Microsoft Excel workbook to and from other formats, such as HTML, XML, CSV, text, DBF, DIF, and Lotus 1-2-3. You also can convert data from database to other file format.
- Generating reports automatically
The process of report generation can be fully automated, periodically or on events. XLReportGen can be scheduled with Windows Scheduled Tasks or other tools.
- One time configuration
With on time configuration, you can repeatedly generate reports especially periodic reports such as daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- Flexible deployment
XLReportGen can be run on your desktop or server.
- Added an option to insert range not entire rows/columns.
- Added an option to delete sheet when no data are returned.
- Changed the range deleting.
- Modified the image argument parsing.
- Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista or later.
- Microsoft Office 97/98, Office 2000, Office XP, Office 2003 or later.
XLReportGen 3.8.0 Screenshot
XLReportGen 3.8.0 Keywords
Bookmark XLReportGen 3.8.0
XLReportGen 3.8.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.