Fastream IQ Proxy Server 5.0.0C3
Fastream IQ Proxy Server 5.0.0C3 Ranking & Summary
Fastream IQ Proxy Server 5.0.0C3 description
Fastream IQ Proxy Server 5.0.0C3 offers users with an easy to use yet effective compact forward/reverse proxy server software for 32/64-bit Windows and Windows virtual machines that is v4.9.2+ fully compatible with Microsoft Exchange/OWA and all other web servers running HTTP(S). IQ Reverse Proxy enables web site administrators to secure and accelerate their servers by standing in front of them and routing traffic with encrypting, caching, URL/header-rewrite and compressing as well as load-balancing with smart failover. IQ Content Proxy enables LAN users to share Internet web connection with filtering and caching.
- 256-bit SSL/TLS accelerator with support for self-signed certificate creation
- Secure Sockets Layer and its version 3.1 incarnation called Transport Layer Security (TLS) is the industry standard for secure transmission on the web. With the ultimate latest open source OpenSSL library that IQP utilizes, it is capable of supporting the highest grade of security level possible for commercial use: 256-bits! This is so high that it used to be impossible to imagine on the web in the '90s. Now as of version 3.3+, IQP supports the new SNI (Server Name Indic
- Load balancing with failover in URL-aware fashion: point each domain/path to different target LAN server/port
- In IQP, rule-based load balancing supports load balance among web servers on a LAN server farm. Each domain, sub domain and path (including wildcards) can be routed to a different physical IP.
- Both IQ Reverse and Content proxies now feature DDoS firewall! (v4.0+)
- There are distinct settings for each client IPs number of accesses to each specific valid URL and any 404 page. If it passes that stage and for example requests the home page continuously, then the header is received yet not responded!
- Automatically translates URLs in reverse proxied HTML and CSS files
- With the built-in URL translater, all the absolute hyperlinks are converted on-the-fly with tens of Mbps speed (with just two CPU-cores) and then cached for future Gbps+ serving!
- IQ Forward Proxy features content filter with respect to keywords, web server country and domain
- You can simply display a custom HTML for blocked pages while sharing your Internet connection in office/campus/home with scheduler to enable full access out of work hours!
- Caches static and dynamic content for ultra-hi-speed later on serving
- IQP features a 3Gbps (giga bits per second) memory cache and unlimited size disk cache as well. This performance level could be achieved with only a 32/64-bit single core 1.6GHZ CPU! You can limit the maximum cache object size and the total capacity for both caches. Cache contents can be viewed using the remote GUI and emptied.
- Bandwidth limiting per URL rule per IP/port
- Similar to load balancing, each URL rule can also be assigned a bandwidth rule (in terms of kilo bytes per second) to be applied for the entire rule domain instead of per socket connection! This enables an admin to limit the total site bandwidth usage or sub parts of the site. This feature is, of course, optional.
- GZip compression accelerator with configurable compression rates for each MIME type
- HTTP protocol as defined in RFC2616 -which IQP fully complies to- defines a mechanism for compression support negotiation between client and server. Compression saves bandwidth and speeds up web object load times. GZip is the most prevalent format and it is implicitly supported by IQP. You can configure IQP to get content directly w/o compression from the web server (which would not hurt the LAN as bandwidth is plenty there) and compress on the fly. This could even be done at a configurable ratio with respect to object MIME type! This way the proxy does not get exhausted trying to compress MP3s and AVIs which was already compressed.
- Able to listen on multiple IP/ports and scalable up to 60,000 simultaneous connections
- If IQP supported only one listener IP/port in a single process, then there would be no way for another IQ Proxy listen on another proxy port as in Windows only one instance of a service can run at a moment. Therefore IQP supports multiple proxies each in its own thread to support multiple listeners. For each configurable number of async-connections, a worker thread is assigned. While choosing the to-be-assigned worker thread, IQP uses load balancing. This approach provided the best performance in benchmarks despite its high architectural complexity. If IQP was designed to open a thread for each connection, it would get stuck in 1,500 concurrent sync connections/threads but now it is tested to support 60k of them!
- Failover protection with both ICMP and HTTP server health checks
- IQP continuously polls the servers in the LAN with two protocols: ICMP pings and HTTP. This way problematic hosts are automatically suspended for a definable period of time so that the clients are not shown error pages. After that period ends, the servers are taken into service automatically once again without an admin command! This enables if the proxy admin is different than web server admin and a web server in the farm is taken offline for maintenance, then the proxy admin needs to do absolutely nothing to take the server online once it is fixed. One other interesting feature is the dynamic discovery: if a request was unable to be answered by a specific target server then other servers are automatically polled for THAT request--no need to upset clients for a server being down!
- TCP firewall: Filter with respect to IP, reverse DNS and even client IP country
- IQP features a firewall that can filter and pass with respect to IP addresses, DNS records of clients and even client countries! If you are getting an attack from a specific country, why not just block them all? Or you can say you only want to accept incoming requests from your home country and nowhere else. Reverse DNS enables you to block with respect to client ISPs. For example you can forward all of comcast.net and block the rest.
- DynDNS.org and No-IP.com dynamic DNS auto updater client built-in
- If you are running your site on dynamic IP instead of a static one, and if you desire a domain name, then you are out-of-luck with static DNS servers as it takes days to update a record with them.
- User-friendly HTTP/XML controller interface for remote admin access
- One cool feature of NETFile Server is the ability to remotely control the server with a GUI controller. This enables you to control servers on the other side of the globe fast and securely. The protocol is XML over HTTP so no firewalls complain at all! And it even detects your browser proxy settings so it does not give boring connection errors and saves you from headache with your network admins.
- HTTP/1.1 basic and digest as well as Windows/NTLM and HTML authentication with users definable per URL rule
- So you want to pass-protect a part of your site and also want to do it in the gate of the servers? This is very easy with IQP. All you need to do is to select the URL-rule, click a button, and enter user information!
- Supports W3C Extended Log Format with selectable fields and NFServer v2 screen and file logging--configurations setable in URL granularity
- By supporting the W3C Extended Log format, which is by far the most flexible log format on the entire Internet, IQP lets you log every aspect of client communication and the matched server. These include but not limited to client referrer and cookie as well as IP address and server IP/port.
- Customizable pages for "target server not found" and "authorization required" errors
- With IQP two kinds of errors could occur: a 401 for authentication failure and a 404 a target server not found. For these, wouldn't you want to be able to assign custom pages with your company logo in it? What about a custom "sorry" message for 404? All is possible so why not!
- Runs as NT-service on all 32/64-bit Windows with very little resources (1GHz Pentium+ CPU, 256MB RAM,...)
- IQP runs on any NT-based 32/64-bit Windows system such as Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7. Since Windows is the easiest to use and the most ubiquitous platform, this compatibility enables IQP to be installed on the largest possible system base. If you have IIS or Apache on your server, you can install IQP on the same machine provided that your usage needs are not too high. IQP does not use much resources: for most cases, one 1GHz CPU-core 128MB free RAM suffice. IQP uses configurable space of hard drive space for log and cache file storage.
- Made an important cache fix in C2
- Content proxy target web server country display in Actions fixed
- AV fixed ocurring during half-open connection objects being destructed
- Fixed an important memory leak
- Fixed rare 100% CPU usage bug
- DDoS firewall should log to general/error log with 500 status code
- Real 503 (too many users) is logged to general/error log now
- Pentium+ Processor
- 64 MB RAM
- Internet Explorer
Fastream IQ Proxy Server 5.0.0C3 Screenshot
Fastream IQ Proxy Server 5.0.0C3 Keywords
Bookmark Fastream IQ Proxy Server 5.0.0C3
Fastream IQ Proxy Server 5.0.0C3 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.