GNS3 0.8.2 Ranking & Summary
GNS3 0.8.2 description
GNS3 0.8.2 is considered as a flexible and effective graphical network simulator that allows simulation of complex networks.
To provide complete and accurate simulations, GNS3 is strongly linked with:
- Dynamips, a Cisco IOS emulator.
- Dynagen, a text-based front end for Dynamips.
- Qemu, a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer.
- VirtualBox, a free and powerful virtualization software.
GNS3 is an excellent complementary tool to real labs for network engineers, administrators and people wanting to study for certifications such as Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIP and CCIE as well as Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS and JNCIE.
It can also be used to experiment features of Cisco IOS, Juniper JunOS or to check configurations that need to be deployed later on real routers. Thanks to VirtualBox integration, now even system engineers and administrators can take advantage of GNS3 to make labs and study for Redhat (RHCE, RHCT), Microsoft (MSCE, MSCA), Novell (CLP) and many other vendor certifications. This project is an open source, free program that may be used on multiple operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and MacOS X.
- Design of high quality and complex network topologies.
- Emulation of many Cisco IOS router platforms, IPS, PIX and ASA firewalls, JunOS.
- Simulation of simple Ethernet, ATM and Frame Relay switches.
- Connection of the simulated network to the real world!
- Packet capture using Wireshark.
- The issue with Qemu VMs that were stuck on “Booting from Hard Disk” message when using Qemu Manager on Linux has been fixed.
- Vboxwrapper can be started on a remote host and VirtualBox VMs locally controlled from GNS3.
- The Loopback Manager included in the Windows all-in-one now work on Win7/Vista.
- Start/pause/stop icons are colored as before BETA2.
- Checks for the correct version of Qemuwrapper and VBoxwrapper.
- New SecureCRT command line for OSX in terminal settings preferences.
- New option to set a delay between console when consoling to all devices.
- Qemu <-> VBox linking has been fixed.
- FlexiNetwork VirtualBox feature has been patched.
- Italian translation has been updated.
- Give a chance to hypervisor/wrapper processes to stop before they get killed.
- An issue when trying to choose the file in the Startup-Config dialog has been fixed.
- Additional check to avoid false positives when detecting compressed IOS.
- Symbol import/export issue for ‘Cloud’ nodes has been fixed.
- Windows interface names with non-ascii characters are now supported.
- Unicode support improvements.
- Dynamips 0.2.8 RC1
- WinPCAP 4.0.1
GNS3 0.8.2 Screenshot
GNS3 0.8.2 Keywords
Bookmark GNS3 0.8.2
GNS3 0.8.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.