InterMapper 5.1.1 Ranking & Summary
InterMapper 5.1.1 description
InterMapper 5.1.1 is a useful tool with which network managers get complete visibility of their network, no matter how small and centralized or large and distributed. Live maps give a visual, real-time view of traffic flows through and between network elements and links. Status Windows and Strip Charts provide easy access to critical network data (traffic, errors, utilization and outage information) simplifying problem diagnosis and device maintenance.
InterMapper shows you potential network problems -- often before users and customers suffer downtime or poor performance. SNMP and ping probes discover and query elements across your distributed network - whether it spans several rooms, a building, an office park, or distributed locations. Synthetic transactions test critical applications and alert you to email, web, or directory server problems. The fully integrated InterMapper Flows module analyzes network traffic and tells you who is generating network traffic during specific time periods and where they are located. You gain highly detailed network traffic analyses that reveal bandwidth hogs.
- Live Network Monitoring and Mapping
- color-coding shows elements that are slow or having problems
- intuitive animation depicts traffic flows
- maps show interconnections between elements
- network elements appear in physical or geographic locations
- status badges indicate severity level (down, alarm, warning, critical)
- multiple views highlight device details, interconnections, and staff assignments
- map "slideshow" rotates at user-defined interval
- maps are continually saved (every minute or so) to prevent data loss
- Detailed NetFlow Analysis with InterMapper Flows: InterMapper Flows, a NetFlow analyzer, is integrated with InterMapper maps giving you an overview of all network devices and connections and one-click access to detailed network traffic information. You'll quickly locate bandwidth hogs and note network traffic trends.
- Integration with Google Earth:InterMapper can export information to Google Earth,so that icons that have geographic coordinates will appear in the correct location.
- Set an icon's latitude and longitude manually
- Import a file that contains latitudes and longitudes to set many devices at once.
- InterMapper infers latitude and longitude from any map that has benchmarks.
- Probe Groups
- A Probe Group allows you to include multiple probes targeting the same IP address in a single icon.
- A Probe Group shows the worst status among the probes in the group.
- A member probe of a group can have its own alarms.
- If a group's Control Probe goes down, notifications for the other probes in the group are suppressed.
- A Probe Group counts as a single device against your license count.
- Easy Data Charting (Strip Charts)
- network data includes percent utilization, error counts, packet and byte counts, etc.
- router and server data includes link, temperature, CPU/memory utilization, etc.
- charts present day, week, month, and year intervals
- graphs generated by clicking on mapped element or connection
- Detailed, Real-Time Network Reports (Status Windows)
- Interface Status Windows detail transmit and receive statistics for that interface, utilization rates, and the device's name, link type, description, status, and IP and MAC address
- Device Status Windows display DNS name and IP address, uptime, availability, packet loss statistics (if relevant) round trip time, and many other device-specific data values
- Status windows appear when you click and hold the mouse button on a mapped element or connection and disappear when the mouse is released
- windows “tear off” for persistent viewing
- User/Password Authentication
- logins checked against a company-wide directory (Active Directory, LDAP, Open Directory, Radius, IAS and others)
- directory lookups supplement the names in InterMapper's built-in user/password database to simplify the creation of accounts at organizations with dozens or hundreds of technicians
- Data Export/Import
- import customer information as you acquire new customers
- simple import process reads tab-delimited, CSV, or XML files containing customer information (IP address, name, equipment type, and latitude and longitude.)
- export data in CSV format.
- export a list of maps and their associated status and/or a list of device interfaces.
- Sub-Map Detail: Smaller geographies and more detailed portions of your network are viewed by “drilling down” (clicking on) from top-level network maps.
- icons on top-level map can show state of most serious condition on a sub-map
- sub-maps can be hosted on a remote InterMapper server
- access controlled by username and password or IP address restrictions
- submaps work across direct IP connections and VPNs and through firewalls (through a user-selected port) to allow viewing via browser without exposing network details to the broader Internet
- Highly Scalable
- most monitoring traffic remains local to site to reduce network traffic
- access can be granted/denied to branch office staff
- central office staff can access submaps directly or by drilling down on top-level maps
- remote InterMapper servers may be configured from central location
- remote data is firewall protected, user-selected firewall port provides secure data access with SSL encryption
- Flexible Alerting
- alerting methods include sounds, email messages, pages, text messages to cell phones via SMS, SNMP traps to selected receivers, WinPopup messages, and syslog notification
- optional alert supression for devices "behind" a failed router or switch
- notification schedules (time of day, weekend only) can vary by individual
- time delay options minimize “nuisance” alarms
- escalation options help track unresolved issues (page when server goes down, second page if it remains down for two minutes, third page if it remains down longer, etc.)
- command-line notifications provoke action in response to failure
- Individual and Group Accounts
- User and Group accounts supported
- Read/write, Read-only, or no access is set on a map by map basis
- Administrators have full access to maps, configuration settings and options
- Use LDAP, Active Directory, Radius, IAS, Open Directory, Kerberos to authenticate users
- Polling Behavior Control
- polling interval defaults to every 30 seconds
- "outages" triggered by desktops that have been shut off or laptops that have been disconnected can be ignored
- devices can be automatically reprobed every 12 hours
- Data Gathering for Hundreds of Network Elements:
- Any device with an IP address can be pinged
- Traffic on Routers and switches can be monitored using versions SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, or SNMPv3
- Nearly 100 built-in probes can test the health and performance of various kinds of servers, routers, switches, UPSs, environmental monitors and other networked equipment.
- Synthetic transactions test mail, web, and directory servers from over 50 vendors
- Windows NT services are monitored directly
- Host resource probe monitors CPU and disk activity as well as free space on drives.
- LDAP and LDAP-SSL probes support an optional password when binding, allow you to specify an alternate search field, and can trigger an alarm if an insufficient number of records are returned
- Custom probes can be created to test TCP or SNMP-speaking devices
- Command line probes test devices using a program or script. Pre-written Nagios™ and Big Brother™ plug-ins/scripts can be used as command line probes.
- Rapid Time to Value: Install InterMapper and begin viewing your network in hours – not days, weeks, or months.
- Probe groups
- Google Earth integration
- SMS alerts
- 1 GHz computer
- 512 MBytes RAM
- 100 MBytes disk
InterMapper 5.1.1 Screenshot
InterMapper 5.1.1 Keywords
Bookmark InterMapper 5.1.1
InterMapper 5.1.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.