IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.3065
IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.3065 Ranking & Summary
IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.3065 description
IPHost Network Monitor is usable and affordable Windows software that facilitates the task of detection and elimination of failures and problems with your network and network equipment, servers, workstations and critical applications installed on them. IPHost Monitor enables you to reduce downtime (or slowdown time) because the system administrator and other concerned parties get prompt information on network resource inaccessibility or critical application performance problems. Detailed information helps to recover from the failure or remedy the performance problem quickly. With IPHost Network Monitor you can also setup actions for automatic failure recovery. Web-enabled reporting lets you monitor your network resources via a web browser to take a quick look at the current state, problems and trends. IPHost Monitor does not require expensive hardware and can run at full power on a typical workstation.
Now most of businesses have to rely on their networks and servers to enable business-critical applications and everyday tasks of providing communication and moving data. Downtimes or performance degradations of these systems can seriously impact the business so continuous network and service monitoring software should be a vital part of your information system.
IPHost Network Monitor will help you to:
- Find and fix performance bottlenecks and downtimes.
- Reduce costs by making hardware purchasing decisions based on the actual performance of current systems.
- Reduce costs by saving the time of system administrators.
- Increase profits by avoiding big losses caused by late warnings about problems.
- Automatic Network Discovery: create a basis of your monitoring configuration. Discovery detects network hosts and identifies TCP services on them. IPHost Monitor can discover hosts and TCP services using ICMP PING, HTTP(S), FTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, Telnet, plus you can select additional custom ports to check. Monitors for databases, disc space, processor usage and others you can add manually. Default monitoring and alerting settings let you start monitoring with minimum changes. Regular rediscoveries help you in equipment relocation/presence tracking
- Monitoring Features:
- IPHost Network Monitor provides constant monitoring of your network's services and resources that are critically important for your company. Unlike many monitoring tools IPHost Network Monitor checks not only the availability of a resource but also its operability and performance characteristics.
- The base element in IPHost Network Monitor is a monitor; it is checking the availability of a service on a remote computer and requesting the value of a certain parameter. The monitor has parameters that determine:
- what and how should be checked (monitoring parameters),
- the levels of acceptable and problem values of the checking results (defining the conditions of the monitor’s change of state),
- actions to be performed when problems appear (action profile),
- additional parameters such as a link to the basic report on the monitor, dependence on the availability of another monitor, and comments.
- Adjustable Actions and Notifications:
- IPHost Network Monitor supports different methods of automatic reaction to undesirable changes on the resources and systems being monitored. The actions are tied to the monitors and are activated when a monitor transition to one of the undesirable states occurs and to the restoration of the resource performance after problem elimination.
- One of the chief tasks of the monitoring system is execution of actions as the monitoring system’s reaction to the appearance of deviations in the operation of resources being watched (origination of problems). Prompt and informative notification of a problem helps to substantially reduce the downtime of important resources, which as a result decreases the loss of user work time and improves the effectiveness of administrator work.
- The basic variant of IPHost Network Monitor’s reaction to problem states is sending a message with information on the problem; e-mail notifications, sending a message to another computer, and displaying a message in the dialogue window are supported. Methods of reaction based on program start provide additional possibilities. With the help of such actions one can implement any method of reacting to a problem state: ranging from starting/stopping of a service on a remote machine to rebooting.
- IPHost Network Monitor provides a set of group and detailed reports and graphs as well as logs. The reports give you information necessary to trace the trends in resource utilization and plan upgrades, besides, the reports and logs provide the possibility to trace the results over a certain period of time; also, the reports may be used as a basis of accounting for the results of the administrators’ work.
- In IPHost Network Monitor there are two variants of accessing reports on monitoring:
- Reports in Windows interface: The Windows UI allows access to detailed reports for each monitor and to summary reports for groups and categories. A reporting period can be any number of days and hours until now. The default report period is 24 hours (one day) until now. To adjust the report period for the Windows UI please select the Tools > Settings menu or click the Settings button on the toolbar, then select the Reporting tab and set the desired number of days and hours.
- Web-interface: Apart from the main Windows UI, IPHost Network Monitor also has a Web UI to access additional types/forms of reports for any period of time. The Web UI provides you with online access to all reports and graphs for any time period. The Web UI consists of three panels: the contents of the left panel completely duplicates the panel Tree Views, the upper panel serves to select the type of report and period, the remaining space is reserved to display a report itself. Similar to what is implemented in the Windows UI, in the Web UI when pressing on a report reference the corresponding report is loaded and in the left panel the focus is shifted to an element corresponding to it.
- Windows and Web Interfaces:
- Windows interface: The Windows interface of IPHost Network Monitor (also called a client GUI) provides a way for the user to start, stop and configure network monitoring, obtain and analyze the results of monitoring and state change notifications.
- Windows GUI includes four panes:
- Tree View,
- Property Editor,
- Report View,
- Log View.
- Web Interface Overview
- IPHost Network Monitor comes with a Web interface that provides you with access to monitoring reports. The interface is provided by Apache web server, version 1.3.37; its configuration file httpd.conf may be found in the conf subdirectory of your installation directory and you can change it to suit your needs (for instance, you can get Apache to perform client authentication).
- The Web interface provides several views of statistical data and allows you to:
- Quickly review the current and all previous states of your network resources
- Get a list of problems that have been occured over a period of time
- Study trends and detect performance degradation early when it appears
- Obtain detailed reports that include a useful performance graph and detailed log of resource state changes
Enhancements: New Action Profiles
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista, or Windows Server 2003, 2008 (32bit and 64bit versions)
- CPU: 800 mHz Intel Pentium III (1.5 GHz recommended)
- System Memory: 256 MB (512 MB recommended for 50+ monitors)
- Disk space: 30 MB for program files and 1GB for monitoring database (sufficient for 50-100 monitors are polled every minute for a year)
IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.3065 Screenshot
IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.3065 Keywords
Bookmark IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.3065
IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.3065 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.3231
- IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.3191
- IPHost Network Monitor 2.1 Build 3108
- IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.3108
- IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.3078
- IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.3056
- IPHost Network Monitor 2.1 build 3056
- IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.3024
- IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.3023
- IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.2970
- IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.2900
- IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.2859
- IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.2848
- IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.2760
- IPHost Network Monitor 2.1.2727